[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason why i shouldnt upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Windows_logo_-_2012.svg.png (36KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_logo_-_2012.svg.png
36KB, 2000x2000px
Is there a reason why i shouldnt upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10?
>>
File: judaism itensifies.gif (212KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
judaism itensifies.gif
212KB, 501x585px
>>57144486
Do it faster, go-I mean-boy! You're missing out!
>>
>>57144486
Windows 10 has DirectX12 (assuming you need it)
>>
>>57144486
Yes, there's a 50/50 chance that you'll get a working OS after installing Windows 10.
>>
>>57144486
Botnet
>>
>>57144734
Well memed.
>>
>>57144837
I wish I was meme-ing.
>>
>>57144486
Want a stable system where major parts of it aren't in the process of being rewritten half-assedly by people who have no idea what they're doing?

Don't "upgrade".
>>
>>57144883
is it really the new vista?
>>
>>57144486
>Windows 10
that's the problem
>>
I tried upgrading to windows 10 from 7 and it freezes every time. jumping ship to linux after 2020
>>
>>57144517
pol was a mistake
>>
>>57144939
do you have any examples of this claim? May be a little rough around the edges, but on the whole the UI updates are welcome additions
>>
>>57144486
Yes, it will give you some awesome experiences for about 3 months, and then you will want to switch to UNIX, because it's more stable.

I always appreciated UNIX, but never more than when I got Win10
>>
>>57147755
why would you switch to unix though that makes no sense
>>
>>57147755
I hope you mean unix-like
>>
>>57144486
You'll either have a functional OS or you kindof won't. Won't know until you upgrade though.

Honestly, just run 7 until they really end support for it, then see what else is available at that time. Microsoft is trying hard to get people to upgrade though.

>>57146033
Everyone at some point will find a problem that makes no fucking sense/should have been fixed months ago.

Some people have it crashing until they reinstall Windows, some are ok until an update gets sent out and shit breaks again. Some hardware is still adding on issues.

Things EVENTUALLY get fixed, but people are still having pretty bad problems this far out, and it isn't their fault most of the time.
>>
>>57144486
I went from 8.1 to 10 and stayed because 10 just feels snappier and uses slightly less RAM. My FPS in games remained the same, no compatibility issues with my hardware or software, everything just werks.

Word of advice: Make sure you defer upgrades in the settings so Windows doesn't download or install shit in the background and waste good CPU cycles, network bandwidth, etc.
>>
>>57144486
>Forced updates
>Inconsistent interface
>Poor software compatibility
>Always-on analytics unless you use enterprise version
>Removal of useful features like naming and labeling wifi/ethernet networks
>Removal of system-wide file history
Try it in a VM or dual boot, see if you like it and decide for yourself.
>>
>>57149069
nice memepost
>>
>>57144486
Stop pretending - you already installed it.
>>
>>57149188
Nice memepost
>>
>>57144486
I've used 7 a lot, and upgraded an 8.1 laptop to 10 a few months ago. I'm considering going back to 8.1 now.

Win10 pros:
>DX12 if you game
>Bash on Ubuntu on Windows (but MSYS is still better for most stuff)
>Faster boot (at least compared to 7)
>native ISO and VHD mounting, nicer task manager, nicer copy dialogs (8.1 already has these)
>new theme, corner snap, virtual desktops
>new control panel is better organized
>'Windows Spotlight' rotating pictures on lock screen

Win10 cons:
>forced updates
>breaks itself periodically
>more bluescreens
>more bloat
>telemetry cannot be fully opted out of
>inconsistencies (that white on black taskbar right click menu is still jarring and out of place)
>new control panel duplicates functionality but does a lot of it worse, and makes you go further to find all the same options

The main reasons I'm thinking of going back to 8.1 for are the forced updates, forced reboots, and periodic self-breaking. 7 and 8.1 were definitely more stable and reliable.
>>
>>57144486

why would you get rid of the best OS there is?

#win7rm #pcmr
>>
>>57150016
Win10 cons:
>forced updates
So does Arch.
>breaks itself periodically
So does Arch.
>more bluescreens
So does Arch.
>more bloat
So does Arch because it can't minimise dependencies by tweaking of use-flags.
>telemetry cannot be fully opted out of
Telemetry can be opted in to Arch.
>inconsistencies (that white on black taskbar right click menu is still jarring and out of place)
So does Arch.
>new control panel duplicates functionality but does a lot of it worse, and makes you go further to find all the same options
So does Arch.

Solution is to install Gentoo.
>>
>>57149678
dude, group policy editor fixes most of that stuff
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.