[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

What you guys think about Java compared to C# or C++ or other ?

To me: Java PWN All. Explain why you think otherwise
>>
File: javascript.jpg (53KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
javascript.jpg
53KB, 604x453px
Java is a slow piece of shit, only codemonkeys and poo in the loo use it, hang yourself
>>
depends entirely on the problem domain, famlam
I wouldn't use Java or C# for scientific computing, and I wouldn't use C++ for mobile apps.
>>
Oh look, it's the Javapoo, who thinks the bloated monstrosity known as Java is the best language.
>>
NO need to be rude, I'm trying to create a constructive debate here.

Don't you all agree that in term of productivity / quality, Java has the best ratio? I don't mean that C++ or Objectvive C have their own aptitudes, but seriously.. what can't you do with java?
>>
>>57143208
All we're saying is that it's bloated as fuck and overly verbose in situations where it doesn't need to be.
>>
File: sanic.png (19KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
19KB, 870x870px
>>57143208
go fast
>>
>>57143144
pajeet my son
you are iit bombay student
will you choose beutiful and cleanly designed C#
or..
designated shitting language?
>>
>>57143219
Yeah that might have been one problem Java has solved with its 8th version, now thanks to lambdas Java can be syntaxically as short as Python. Also, the number of libraries and frameworks existing definitly prove the superiority of Java over the other languages
>>
>>57143220
going THAT fast is good for one domain only: video gaming. Where do you need to go fast as light nowadays?
>>
>>57143208
>>57143208
array in java
new Object[] { }.

array in every other fucking languages (even fucking JS)
[]
literally retarded
>>57143244
>the number of libraries and frameworks existing definitly prove the superiority of Java over the other languages
the only thing it proves is how shit java is, if you need shittons of libraries and framework to make it viable then you should just pick another one
>>
File: 1465959791[2].jpg (14KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1465959791[2].jpg
14KB, 294x294px
>>57143224
Actually I'm no piece of shit indian I'm from Krakovia.. and as such I wouldn't call C# a beautiful and cleanly designed language :-)
>microsoft lol
>>
>>57143255
Even video gaming doesn't require that much speed these days. Unity (C#) has taken over a huge chunk of the market.
>>
>>57143302
and its pretty shit and full of bloat
optimization still matters even if computers are fucking fast
>>
>>57143267
Javascript? lol please I'm talking programming languages here. If the verbosity of a language is what you use to evaluate its power, please leave the debate. Your opinion is irrelevant.

String[] myStringArray = new String[3];
String[] myStringArray = {"a","b","c"};
String[] myStringArray = new String[]{"a","b","c"};

Also, the number of libraries only proves one thing: java is SCALABLE and god damn widely used. Nothing related to ruby gem piece of shit system that will die within a month or 2 or NodeJs npm bullshit. Jars now that's the real deal
>>
>>57143320
Can you provide examples of Unity games that are unoptimized or are you just spouting memes?
>>
>>57143512
all of them are "unopitimized" and a lot of games couldn't do what they want because of unity (see Rust for example)
>>
>>57143526
They still make a working game that provides entertainment. So your graphics have to be 20% worse, it's not a huge deal when you consider the decrease in development time.
>>
>>57143208
>productivity/quality

Yes it has a high ratio, because quality is near zero.
>>
>>57143159
biased memeposters pls go away
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2163411/is-java-really-slow
>>
File: j.jpg (30KB, 850x315px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
30KB, 850x315px
>>57143144
+/i.@x:&.(p:^:_1)
>>
>>57143208
>what can't you do with java?
malloc();
free();
>>
>>57143144
>Java PWN All

pretty much this says it all /thread!
>>
>>57144631
implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>57144631
> what are native buffers
>>
Oops the kernel just murdered my server because it was eating up ALL 32 FUCKING GIGABYTES OF MEMORY. SERVING A SINGLE STATIC WEB PAGE.

TO TWO PEOPLE.

Java.

The enterprise webserver.
>>
Seriously, programming java may be neat, but fuck me, it's a memory hog of shitty shitty shitty execution.
>>
>>57144314
>Java is faster than scripting languages
wew lad
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.