[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple busted once again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: canvas.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Well that was unexpected to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2-TIbcTIg

tldw: 32gb iphone 7 model carries an slower SSD compared to the 256gb model

inb4 shill: everybody in this board uses an ad blocker
>>
wow lower nand count results in lower speed

wtf I hate bandwidth now
>>
>>57141924
if that is the case, then they should advertise that, and not only the size bump, because it is almost a 33% speed hit
>>
>>57141907
This was already known. The NAND packages are generic components with readily available spec sheets from suppliers.
>>
>>57141941
Performance metrics were never guaranteed nor advertised for a variety of reasons and those who care usually are smart enough to realize higher capacity nand means faster speed.
>>
That's how SSDs work idiot
>>
>>57141974
>higher capacity nand means faster speed
What a load of shit. Grow up kiddie.
>>
>>57141907
>everybody in this board uses an ad blocker
yea but even the view tally gives them positive affirmation. Pastebin or gtfo
>>
>>57141981
You're an idiot. It isn't how SSD works. It depends on number of identical nand chips.
>>
This thread just shows how technically illiterate applefags are.
>>
File: 1474151769063.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1474151769063.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>57142009
i wrote a tldw mate
tell me how to pastebin a video

well now that i think of it, i could put the transcription from the subtitles of the video

mmmmm

you are going down, nerd
>>
>>57142016
The high capacity packages for mobile are all stacks of NAND.
>>
>>57141989
>owns low end apple product
>complains about kiddies
kek
>>
>>57142031
It doesn't prove correctness of
>That's how SSDs work idiot

It also doesn't prove that applefags aren't technically illiterate idiots who should be in /lgbt/ or /fa/ instead of this board.
>>
>>57142042
I don't own appleshit and aren't going to own. I'm here for laughing at stupid applefags.
>>
>>57142061
It would prove the "correctness" of the statement in regards to high capacity packages meant for mobile products, which is exactly the topic we are discussing.
>>
>>57142072
Shut the fuck up and stop making /b/ tier posts. You've contributed literally nothing.
>>
>>57142016
Yes and in the same generation of storage, the smaller capacity will always have the lesser number of chips.
So that's how SSDs work.
>>
File: zVdnODF.png (34KB, 688x646px) Image search: [Google]
zVdnODF.png
34KB, 688x646px
>A speed that was never specified or promised in marketing isn't being reached by an SSD with a smaller capacity

wow i hate apple now
>>
>>57142125
Stop oppressing me with your basic technical knowledge applefag
>>
File: tumblr_nryr25a0WU1ubm73lo1_400.jpg (14KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nryr25a0WU1ubm73lo1_400.jpg
14KB, 316x202px
You know what's bullshit? The fact that aside from maybe Samsung, Android OEMs don't even state which type of storage (eMMC vs UFS 2.0) they use unless you actively seek that information out online.

What's also bullshit is the fact that a "MADE BY GOOGLE" (yeah it was asus but it's essentially a Google device) tablet, no matter if it was 8GB, 16GB or 32GB, suffered from insane slowdown after a year of use to the point of either throwing it away or fucking around with custom roms, trim commands, parrot whatever the fuck it is, fstrim, TRIM-READY kernels and such.

This is something that was not made clear to the consumers, and it affected all storage options on the 2012 Nexus 7.

Apparently this is OK because it's a $200 tablet made by Google, and Apple's iPhone 7 is NOT OK because...arbitrary benchmarks that aside from PC file transfers which most people never even do doesn't even affect end-user experience?

I want normies to leave.
>>
>>57142072

>I spend my days on the internet worrying about how other people spend their money.

Lol.
>>
>>57142196
>I don't understand how the free market works

The way idiots spend their money drives the market, if people buy a load of shit phones because of certain features, then phone manufacturers will prioritise those features and neglect everything else to an even greater degree.

Worrying about what idiots buy is a pretty legitimate concern if you're interested in technology.

Your argument is shit.
>>
>>57142209

>Claims the other person doesn't understand how free market works.
>Gets upset and spends his time complaining about it working on 4chan.

Lol. I look forward to the day when you realize that your opinion is in such a laughable minority and, by extension, does not matter.
>>
>>57141981
>>57141974
>>57142016
>>57142125
Wtf, I hate NAND now.
>>
>>57142174
>Mfw oneplus one had every single spec detailed on their site as part of the selling points
All phones usually just have bs pictures and "magic" or "amazing" used a hundred times too many, but I remember scrolling down the features page of the one and it just threw all the details of why the phone was fucking fast without me needing to read the fine print spec overview.

Oneplus stopped doing it though, it no longer says shit like '..a beautiful full HD 1080p LTPS LCD with IPS and TOL (touch on lens) technology from JDI makes everything look vivid while *insert what each part of the tech actually does*'
As I scrolled the animations took the phone apart and detailed it like example above, it left nothing to spare. That's what I want to see not fucking "OUR DISPLAY** IS MAGICAL U WILL SEE SO MANY COLOURS*** AND IT LOOKS LIKE REAL LIFE U KNOOO SENPAI EDGE TO EDGE #BEZELLESS*****" **not actually our display, its made by company x, ****there's 16million colours, ******not entirely bezel less
>>
>>57142061
oh fuck, you are actually an idiot

fuck off to reddit
>>
>>57142042
1/10 damage controll
>>
>>57141907
wow it took an extra whole min to copy
this is such a first world problem
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.