[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 10 appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: why is she so perfect.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
why is she so perfect.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
/Anniversary/ edition.

ITT: we post what we are appreciative of in Windows 10
>>
>>57140489
Install gentoo
>>
Why even bother? You're just gonna get called a Pajeet and a Manchild by jealous GNU/+Linux users.
>>
File: 1476443810505.png (267KB, 1024x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1476443810505.png
267KB, 1024x1044px
>>57140489
To put it succinctly, Windows 10 is bullshit and I'm getting really sick of it.
I was a huge Microsoft booster for a very long time. I had Windows Phone 7 at launch and stuck with it through the Lumia 920, until I couldn't stand the (very real) app gap any longer. I liked and defended Windows 8, even before they fixed it with the 8.1 update. I got a Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet when they were still novel. I used Windows Media Center as my primary DVR for years. I used Windows Home Server when that was a thing. I ripped my CDs to WMA format.
I was very much a Microsoft fanboy.
And Windows 10 has broken me.
>>
>>57140489
I appeciate that the update deleted several settings on my mom's laptop.
>>
File: 1474812663435.jpg (319KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474812663435.jpg
319KB, 1000x750px
I installed windows 10 since it was forced onto my computer by MS. It was an "upgrade" from windows 8.1, but I'd rather have windows 8.1, or 8, or anything OS that's not going to require me to reinstall the system, redownload all my programs, and spend time frequently trying to diagnose my computer's issues.
Automatic updates come at the worst possible time, usually when I'm out of the house.Yes, you could restore your system to the last working point, but if the updates are what's causing the problem (as was my case) you will need to download it eventually. Let's also keep in mind that sometimes, you can't even find the last working version.
The computer also has a habit of turning on after I've shut it down (and yes, it turns on even after hard shutdowns, and don't think you can fix this by restarting the system, I've tried that just before this review, and it doesn't work). The default setting of the power button, by the way, is to have your system sleep. You have to manually change the function of the power button from "sleep", to "shutdown".

I've tolerated W10 for the past 6 months, putting up with the auto updates and inability to shut down or turn off, but the fact that I've spent more time in the past two weeks trying to fix the computer than actually using it is inexcusable. If you're not one of the 200 mil devices using W10 right now, don't give in.

Oh, and Cortana is just a glorified web browser/file explorer, kinda disappointing, in case you were wondering.
>>
File: 1473948700680.png (877KB, 1350x3458px) Image search: [Google]
1473948700680.png
877KB, 1350x3458px
I want microcuckolds to leave.

/g/ is a Linux/Unix territory
>>
>>57140526
>>57140550
Works fine for me ;^^^^)))))
>>
>>57140489
I appreciate the fact that it just werks. Most people claimed a lot of problems with this operating system but i have never, in my life, had any trouble with any installment of windows starting from XP to Windows 10. I don't know what people want or expect or if they are just plain retarded and don't know how to use it.

Install it, google "windows 10 debloat", run all the scripts or the ones of your choosing, and it comes out working perfectly. Notice that i did not for a second bring up privacy, because i live in Romania and i couldn't give a fuck less about what windows/microsoft does behind the curtain.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28KB, 404x384px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28KB, 404x384px
>>57140604
>>
>>57140550
Same. Last time Microsoft pissed me off this much I removed Vista and ran Ubuntu for 4 years, only returned for the games.

I'm inches away from inverting my VM setup, put Windows on the inside rather than the outside.
>>
Snappy as fuck to be completely honest with you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.