[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name something good and bad about every OS you know of.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Golbat Pokemon Blue and Red.jpg (10KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
Golbat Pokemon Blue and Red.jpg
10KB, 239x211px
Also list what OS you're talking about.
>>
>Pros
It just fucking works without treating me like I have Downs and lets me fuck with it if I want to

>Cons
Botnet
Hello CIA FBI NSA

Windows

>Pros
It treats you like you have downs

>Cons
It treats you like you have downs

MacOS

>Pros
NON PROPRIETARY
FREEDUM
FREE
NO BOTNET

>Cons
Not functional without you essentially compiling the whole fucking thing yourself (why the fuck would you do that to yourself?)

Also Linux so no Vidya unless Wine

Gentoo

Also anyone who claims any other distro apart from Gentoo is not botnet they're lying.
>>
>>57135580
>Windows
>It just fucking works without treating me like I have Downs and lets me fuck with it if I want to
So you never tried the shitfest that W10 is, you're a lucky man.
>>
>>57135580
Windows 7, 8, or 10?

>>57135580
>Also anyone who claims any other distro apart from Gentoo is not botnet they're lying

How'd you figure this out?
>>
Pros:
Truly free
Security is important

Cons:
Lead developer is a raging autist

---

Pros:
Written entirely in assembler
The only truly Christian operating system
Does exactly what you want

Cons:
Can't shitpost on 4chan

---

Pros:
???

Cons:
Part of the botnet

---

Pros:
Free as in freedom

Cons:
Permanently under development

---

Pros:
Bleeding edge
Lets you have a superiority complex when posting on reddit

Cons:
Developers are retards, took forever to even bother setting up package signing
Updates may break everything
>>
>>57135806
Oh wait, I thought we were supposed to post pros/cons and have people guess what OS we were talking about.

We should do that anyway; it sounds more fun.
>>
>>57135806
>Developers are retards, took forever to even bother setting up package signing
What's wrong with Arch's package signing ?
>>
>>57135901
For the longest time, Arch didn't even have package signing
>>
File: terry.png (4MB, 1700x1700px) Image search: [Google]
terry.png
4MB, 1700x1700px
Pros: perfect

Cons: none
>>
Pros:
- No botnet
- Dont have to be autistic to use it thanks to yast
- Just werks
- Up to date yet stable at the same time
- Lizard thing
- Can be a desktop OS or a server OS easily, minimal fucking about/autism that is prevalent with other distros, i.e getting CentOS to work reasonably as a desktop OS

Cons:
- Not as popular as it should be because its German and burgers are still sore about Germany winning the war
- No fucking gaymes

OpenSUSE leap

Pros:
- Gaymes
- Just werks

Cons:
- Gets progressively worse with every iteration, now I have to install my own fucking start menu in addition to all the shit I already had to install, office, 7zip, foxit PDF reader, chrome etc etc
- Spies on you
- Cant delay updates/restarts, you're basically a fucking beta tester if you're using this

Windows 10
>>
Windows:

>pros
It works for most things, has vidya, almost everything is supported, and if it's not, it's a hardware or driver problem.

>cons
Botnet, tons of bloat, system managing is difficult, troubleshooting can be near impossible at times because of some obscure driver or obscure seemingly unrelated issue

Mac/iOS

>pros
Coming out of the closet got a lot easier, since everyone "already suspected"

>cons
No real user control, botnet, bloat, gentle persuasion to buy newer version

Gentoo:

>pros
Portage is fucking amazing
If you don't like portage for whatever reason (don't like compiling software once every day), you can get some other package manager
Wiki and forums are pretty nice and helpful, albeit a bit outdated
If you mess up anything with USE flags or whatever, the worst that'll happen to your system is you'll be re-compiling for over an hour, rarely do you have to start from scratch again
No bloat, or just close to no bloat
OpenRC
Could be set up to be rolling release, or set up to be stable

>cons
Not too friendly to newer users, but you could get lucky and have no real issues
Compiling could be an issue for people who didn't know they could install a different package manager and avoid all that
No matter what package manager you choose to use, compiling the kernel will take forever on older systems

Arch:

>pros
Rolling release
Pretty extensive wiki, even though the beginner one is gone
Autistic, but functionally autistic
Makes you look good in desktop threads
Pacman can be useful, sometimes
Supports OpenRC but isn't recommended (according to the wiki)

>cons
Systemd
Arch way is cringy as hell
Not minimalist and never sought out to be minimalist, and has some bloat because of it
Driver support and firmware can get annoying really quickly
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.