[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 38

File: ghettosolder.jpg (213KB, 861x975px) Image search: [Google]
ghettosolder.jpg
213KB, 861x975px
Post your small/stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread and get judged by autists that know more than you
>>
Need some advice on limiting the size of Windows on a SSD as much as possible.

I have the basics down: All of my programs/files/downloads are going onto a 2tb HDD. But how do I keep other folders from filling up? Folders such as the Windows folder or appdata? Is it possible to have these things on the HDD such that the only time my OS increases in space is when I update or something similar?
>>
>>57132987
yes, you can relocate whatever onto another disk
>>
I have no cs/it background.
There is a bunch of Big data and data analysis classes on coursera.
Will it make any sense to me or will i just stare at random info?
>>
use the copypasta faggot
>>
Do I need to wait a bit to disconnect a PSU from a motherboard before moving stuff to a new case?
Last time I somehow killed the PSU and I don't know how
(At least I had a reason to buy a better PSU)
>>
>>57133079
No, but you should switch it off on the back.
>>
>>57133079
Like other said, switch it off or unplug and make sure to ground yourself before you touch your internals.
>>
GIVE ME SOME GOOD FOSS VPN SOFTWARE TO HOST ON MY OWN PC, FUCK
>>
File: 1474634639220.jpg (56KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
1474634639220.jpg
56KB, 604x403px
Reposting my question because old thread reached bump limit

When you load a program into RAM, does it stay in one single block or is it possible for it to split ? (for example stack at 0x10000, heap at 0x89000, with other processes and blank space not owned by the program in between)

I'm pretty sure virtual memory sees it as one block, but how is it actually put in the physical memory ?
>>
How do i open urxvt in emacs?
>>
>>57132987
Appdata is a folder tied to your User folder, and I don't see a way to configure it so your User folders go to a different place, like My Documents has. So no idea.

Doubt that you can relocate the Windows folder either.
>>
wew solder boy sure grew up big
>>
>>57132944
Do new HDD's usually come welded in plastic only with no other form of packaging? Or did I just get a refurbished one?
>>
File: scan.png (960KB, 1146x616px) Image search: [Google]
scan.png
960KB, 1146x616px
I always come across these types of files when downloading, and I'm just wondering what is going on here?

I know it's flac and I know its a good transcode, because there's no shelf at ~16000Hz like an mp3 file (and the file is from wcd), but I always wondered why do the frequencies just cut off near the top? Is it a problem with the file itself or the original recording process/mastering?

Curious because like 10% of my flac library does this
>>
>>57133439
OEM ones come with minimal or no packaging. If you want a box, buy retail
>>
File: FreqChart-SM57.png (46KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
FreqChart-SM57.png
46KB, 1200x600px
>>57133445
Above 20Khz isn't really useful to human hearing, and most microphones start to drop off at that range.
>>
File: BASEDAlbertisBASED.jpg (183KB, 1200x999px) Image search: [Google]
BASEDAlbertisBASED.jpg
183KB, 1200x999px
Is a Keylogger script even possible?

My buddy told me that he created a script that he sends an e-mail when opened executes a keylogger script and sends each stroke of the input devices to his e-mail.

My question is: Is he bullshitting me or is that actually possible and where do you think he got this shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 412x643px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 412x643px
>>57132987
Relocate user profiles to the other disk. Appdata will come with.

You can't do a whole lot about the Windows folder itself, apart from run Disk Cleanup as admin now and then. The "Windows Update cleanup" checkbox in it will get rid of old versions of files that updates replaced. You lose the ability to uninstall the updates in question though. Windows normally runs this periodically anyway. Still you'll find WinSxS grows over time anyway.

>>57133048
Better to start with basics.

>>57133079
Switch off, unplug, ground yourself, and don't open the PSU itself. Waiting should not be needed. It's also possible that it was just that PSU's time, and it would have died pretty soon anyway -- actually that's pretty likely if it was a cheapass PSU; you're lucky it didn't take the PC down with it.

>>57133157
It stays in basically a single block in its own address space. An exe or DLL is divided into sections, each of which is loaded into a separate block of memory, one directly following another, with slightly more space in between than there is in the exe file itself. Almost every 32 bit Windows program loads at 0x00400000; 64-bit ones have another standard address. Pic related: the address space of a simple hello world program compiled with MinGW32 GCC.

The CPU then has a separate mapping of address space to physical memory for each process. Everything may or may not be in a single contiguous block of physical RAM. Each 4 KB page can be in a different place, and can be evicted to swap independently.
>>
>>57133561
Ah, thanks

Follow up question then
is 96000/192000Hz a meme/waste of space?

what about 24bit instead of 16bit, what's the difference there?
>>
>>57133570
He's bullshitting

>>57133628
It can be useful for editing, not really for listening.
>>
File: 1475995907393.jpg (51KB, 630x565px) Image search: [Google]
1475995907393.jpg
51KB, 630x565px
I'm trying to use Facebook's Messenger in 64-bit Chrome and for some reason recently it started wobbling around at extremely high speeds. The main chat section just keeps bouncing up and down really fast, making it difficult to use. Any idea how to fix it? I googled it but it didn't seem like many other people have experienced this problem.
>>
>>57133445

There's literally no problem. If the file has a sample rate of 44 or 48KHz then it's impossible for it to even contain frequencies above 22 or 24Khz, and noone sane uses sample rates higher than that unless they're doing something other than creating audio for people to listen to.
>>
>>57132944
Is there any USB-Stick, HDD, MicroSD etc. that doesn't lose infomation or kills itself when you touch it? Is there anything reliable?
>>
Im looking for a dropbox alternative that doesn't keep files on "the cloud"

Basically want to send and receive files from my laptop and phone to my server over the internet without some 3rd party storing my data on their servers.

Suggestions?
>>
File: IMG_20161018_141103.jpg (46KB, 712x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_141103.jpg
46KB, 712x950px
I got this 8GB Starbucks flashdrive for free.

when I connect it, it acts like if I connected 2 drives, a flash drive AND a CD, the CD is like 60MB and is read only, and it contains an autorun.inf, browsercall.exe, and some .mov video about giving food to the poor.

I'm not on windows but I guess once I connect it to a windows machine, it will run that video automatically

I want to format the flashdrive completely but I can't find a way because it only formats the flashdrive, not the fake CD drive.

Is there a way to remove that thing?
>>
>>57133570
Guess you're either new or dumb.

You can keylog easily with with simple coding. You can store that keylog data on text file and send that file over on the same program.

Its very much possible. How to fix this? Install a firewall and only allow programs you manually use. If it tries to send anything, your firewall will pick up and you will see which program does that. If he's not bluffing, then find out where the file is and delete it.

Most likely just a skiddie who likes to fool.
>>
File: 21152-500px_pcm.svg.png (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
21152-500px_pcm.svg.png
19KB, 500x375px
>>57133628
And for the second part, a higher bit depth makes for a more accurate reproduction, sort of like vertical samples compared to horizontal samples for sample rate.
>>
>>57133669

git-annex. Dumb name but it works
>>
>>57133445
CDs are sampled at 44.1kHz, so any audio content above 22.05kHz would cause aliasing, so a low pass filter is used to cut off everything (that's inaudible anyway) above ~21kHz.
>>
>>57132944
Does it make more sense to buy a bunch of Raspberry Pis for some simple servers for stuff like syslog and a domain controller (on a small network) or use the money to make a few VMs on slightly better hardware? I've already got a networked server for storage, so not really worried about writing syslog entries etc to flash - as I know that would not work so great for very long.
>>
>>57133665
none of them do what you say because they all have cases that are non-conductive.

>>57133669
rsync

>>57133671
>but I guess once I connect it to a windows machine, it will run that video automatically
normally yes since autoplay is on by default, but you can turn it off.
what OS are you on? it should be rather easy on linux to just unmount/uninstall the fake stuff and format.
>>
>>57133671
Does it actually declare itself as two physical drives, or is it just two partitions?

If it's just partitions, you can just dd /dev/zero onto it then create a new table.
>>
>>57133725
something with very high reliability basically, it doesnt need to be military grade storage that is destroyed only by nuking it, anon.
>>
>>57132987
You can use ntfs hardlinks for appdata, never used them myself but they sound useful for this. The programs and everything would work just like before and even think they're on the ssd. I think it's better to leave the Windows folder as it is.
>>
>>57133694
If done properly, the end effect of the accuracy is higher dynamic range, but since 16bit gives you 96dB without any signal processing trickery anyway, it's not really necessary to go higher outside of recording use, where it is handy as it gives more room to fiddle with levels in editing with less noise.
>>
>>57133445
>>57133561
Not just that but you start to lose them as you approach the nyquist frequency. That's half the sampling rate -- for 44.1 kHz "CD quality" audio, that's 22.05 kHz.

That's the highest frequency that can be represented at all. As for why, consider how it would look. You have one sample up, the next down, the next up, etc. It takes 2 samples to make one full waveform at 22,050 Hz. You can't make a wave with less than 2 samples, so 22,050 is the max.

Now, in real recordings, these samples come from sampling the waveform every 1/44100 of a second. If you have a wave coming in that's close to 22050 Hz but not exactly, over time your samples will hit different points on the wave. The result is aliasing -- that frequency plays inaccurately, as a 22050 Hz sound that goes in and out instead of the constant 22000 Hz sound that was originally there.

Another observation is if you have a 22050 Hz sound recorded in a 44100 Hz file, you can't distinguish whether that was a square wave, sawtooth wave, sine, etc. You just have one sample up and one sample down. Any of the above would make the same recording.

>>57133628
See above. 192 kHz recordings can accurately represent frequencies around the top of human hearing, and can distinguish different shapes of wave there. They lose accuracy at a much higher frequency we can't hear.

24 bit just provides more vertical accuracy in your waveform. Generally useless for listening since 65536 positions the speaker diaphragm can be at is quite enough. However if you're editing, have recorded a quiet sound and want to amplify it, the extra accuracy means you won't have reduced accuracy in your output.
>>
>>57133755
then why didnt you just say you wanted something durable in the first post?

there are USB thumb drives like that
>>
>>57133694
makes sense, but I'm guessing this difference is very hard to hear unless you have some crazy gear.

Final part, I have a lot of 24/96 and 24/192 music that I want to convert to 44.1/48KHz, is it worth keeping it at 24-bit or should I just go for the standard 16-bit? Filesize doesn't change by too much if I use 24-bit
>>
how do i have programs automatically start on certain tags in dwm?
lets say i want to have 2 terminals automatically start in tag "prog", or firefox and irc on the tag "web".

>>57132987
im in a similar situation, i have a 60gb ssd and total of 5tb in hdds. i always follow this guide when installing windows: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1934205/move-users-programfiles-x86-programdata-hdd-installing-windows-ssd-boot-drive.html

>>57133079
no. you could, however, press the power button a couple of times with the psu switched off or unplugged

>>57133570
its possible, but its probably bullshit. receiving email of each keystroke is the worst method to go about making a keylogger.
>>
>>57133791
Sorry anon, wanted to be overdramatic because 4 usb drives died on me recently.
>>
>>57133048
lol no nigga
I have CS background and am doing big data right now
Even I am confused
>>
>>57133151
You've never heard of openvpn?
>>
>>57133791
>>57133826
what usb-drives are there?
>>
>>57133770
With proper sampling 22000Hz sine will come out as a proper 22000Hz sine, it doesn't get snapped to 22050. A square will be distorted since it has higher frequency components, but you'll still get the 22000Hz component, i.e. a sine wave back perfectly.

So long as you're sampling at or above the highest frequency in your input signal, the shape can be reproduced perfectly, you don't need to go all the way to 192kHz to reproduce up to 22kHz audio, 44.1 is sufficient, although a little higher can make the analogue processes simpler.
>>
>>57133815
want to clarify my point about pressing the power button.
this is just to discharge any electricity left over, but most of the time wouldn't effect anything
>>
>>57133589
So would it be possible for an OS to put the heap and stack in the DRAM and the code and static variables in the SRAM (or the opposite) for example ?
>>
>>57133725
I'm on macOS
>>57133730
I think it declares itself as two physical drives, notice how it's not inside the USB DISK MEDIA list, it should be next to the partition called untitled.

The delete (Borrar) button is greyed out even with the "CD" unmounted.
>>
>>57133815
>>57133860
>press the power button a couple of times
holding it down for a while is better

>>57133842
just google "durable usb"
>>
>>57133589
>>57133831

How should i approach this then? What do you recommend as basics?
Or, what would you recommend is a place to start for data visualization?
>>
>>57133628
The 24 bit will give you better quality than the high frequency sampling. 48k 24bit is excellent.
>>
>>57133918
won't this bring me up some usb sticks that are just in some more durable case but are not actually more reliable what comes to data loss?
>>
>>57133968
how the fuck do you have data loss on a flash drive nigga? do you pour water and stomp on them or something?
>>
>>57133981
they just randomly start telling to format them.
>>
>>57133995
brand? model? how old? how do you handle them?
>>
i want to learn about common internet/routers and stuff. im not asking for a "heck ur skool wifi in 5 staps", just some direction on where to start researching.
>>
>>57133995
do you safely eject hardware before removing?
>>
>>57133935
Why would you want to do big data to begin with?
Besides, it has many different aspects. I'm learning hadoop and hortonworks because I am a developer and need to do architecture designs and data ingestion. Data "science" and analysis is a whole different animal
>>
>>57133863
You could design a computer that did that, but modern machines use all DRAM, with multiple layers of either faster DRAM or SRAM for cache.

>>57133981
>>57133995
Shitty cheap flash memory.

Though far more often the cause is you yanked it without unmounting or safe removing first.
>>
>>57134046
I don't, but I don't know anyone doing this anymore since Windows 7.

>>57134028
Multiple Brands, don't remember the names, nor models, does it matter to find a reliable USB stick though? I am handling them without major abuse, besides not safely ejecting them.

>>57134054
Is it really a thing to safely remove hardware anymore? I know a coworker never safely removed his usb stick, but still it worked, don't have any contact to him to ask what it was sadly.
>>
>>57134053

Tbh, i really dont know.
It's just that i've been trying to get a job and after 25+ years of going to school i found out i have 0 marketable skills. Couple that with depression i really have no idea what to do.
>>
>>57134161
If you don't know what you want, swan diving into the deep end of Big data is going to end horribly for you
Shape up and think about what you want to do, not what you think you want to do. If big data is the answer, then come back and maybe we'll suffer together
>>
My PC (Windows 10) has real horrible slowdown after downloading anything

No idea if it's linked to Chrome but my usage in task manager seems fine, after downloading a few gigabytes of something (both onto my SSD and HDD) moving tabs or even moving around Windows is much, much slower

It's only been happening for a few weeks, could also be linked to the most recent Windows update (needed to play Gears of War)
>>
>>57134142
the common thing is you not ejecting safely.
>>
>>57134230
it's probably scanning the files and sending samples back to microsoft
>>
>>57134231
is there really no usb stick that can handle this? how are phone memories able to withstand this?
>>
>>57134142
literally everyone still safely removes
>>
How do I enable h264 acceleration in firefox
It is shown on about:support
>>
>>57134142
>Is it really a thing to safely remove hardware anymore? I know a coworker never safely removed his usb stick, but still it worked, don't have any contact to him to ask what it was sadly.
Yes it is. Windows tries to leave FAT filesystems in a consistent state whenever it finishes a transaction, but you have two other factors: There's no indicator on most USB sticks whether any activity is going on. And the flash controller inside it might go on doing some maintenance for a moment after the copy dialog box disappears.

My sister lost a whole USB stick's worth of data from not safe removing a little while ago.
>>
Where can I find a 1gb raw uncompressed photo?
>>
>>57134332
Why?
>>
>>57134353
I need one
>>
If I delete a file on Google Drive, will it be deleted permanently? Or does Google save a copy?
>>
>>57134269
If you have a device that needs to perform some cleanup sometimes after a write, and don't have an activity light on it, bad things will sometimes happen if you suddenly disconnect power while it's working.

Phones connect in a few different ways. Some connect as a normal USB drive, in which case they're presenting the whole SD card to the computer as a block device. You would lose data if you yanked it while Windows is writing. However, the SD card remains powered and the phone takes it back after you yank, so at least if the card itself is doing maintenance, it won't be interrupted.

Other ways phones connect like MTP don't even give the PC a block device to use. It just transfers files one at a time, sort of like FTP.
>>
>>57134046
Yes, and I always rotate my tires, change the oil every 3000 miles, and fasten my seatbelt before starting the engine.
>>
>>57134046
Yes I do. It takes like 2 seconds and means I don't lose data. Never once had a flash drive prompt me to format or chkdsk it, even the super cheapo ones. I've seen it plenty of times on other people's who yank it, but never when safe removed consistently.

I have had a cheapass one die. It just stopped recognizing as a valid USB device.
>>
>>57134332
Please it's the last thing I need someone help
>>
Just found my Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 disc and I gotta play that shit.

Don't want to buy it off Steam cause, I own it and the laptop I want to play it on has no disc drive.

I think there's a way to copy the files and run a drive emulator or something, but I'm pretty lost.

Ideas?
>>
>>57134551
torrent it?
>>
>>57134546
What do you need it for? Why do you need a 1 GB uncompressed raw photo? Would it suffice to resave a large jpg as uncompressed, possibly adding a little noise to simulate the complexity of a fresh photo?

>>57134551
Absolutely. It will likely work to copy the files off and run the installer. After it's installed, google for a no-CD crack for the version you have, and replace the game exe with that exe. What that does is bypass the shitty old DRM that checked for specific bad sectors or whatever on the CD to validate that it's an original.
>>
>>57134269
i've had no issues when i do it, even a usb HDD. you'll just have to start doing it

>>57134275
i dont

>>57134312
maybe it works for me because i format mine in NTFS

>>57134399
read their FAQ.
>>
>>57134332
There used to be some NASA ones you could download.

edit The biggest was 358MB
>>
>>57134198

My thought process was, to get into so when i start a company that does instant polling i can also present this data quickly using R, orange, json, whatever visualizes data in snap and fancy manner.
>>
>>57134602
>maybe it works for me because i format mine in NTFS
NTFS has more ways to recover from corruption, so maybe. Do note that NTFS is not the best filesystem for cheap flash memory since it results in more writes.
>>
File: 1456082583315.gif (2MB, 428x228px) Image search: [Google]
1456082583315.gif
2MB, 428x228px
Question,

I work as a software developer. One day, I needed an add-in to some software that could open files within that software and then save them somewhere else in bulk. (Each new version of this software has changes to the file type).

I found software that actually did what I needed and then some on an online marketplace. However, it was being sold for $100 USD. With no desire to pay that much, especially because my need was so simple, I just opted to write my own add-in real quick to do what I needed and I did.

I've been thinking about uploading what I made to GitHub for other people to be able to use, because I know I'm not the only one, and it would essentially be a simpler version of the software the person in the marketplace had for sell.

Would this get me in any trouble of any kind doing this? At no point had I ever seen the marketplace software source code or anything. I saw a function, told myself I could write it and did.

Thanks!
>>
>>57134585
If I can't get this to work that's what I'll do. Wanted to try this first because, well, I have it right here.

>>57134599
I'll give it a shot. Thanks. No idea what version I'm working with though.
>>
>>57134332
try finding some of that gigapixel stuff
>>
>>57132944
Need a new pc for programming but with uni payments and a new apartment I have fuck all for cash.

My old laptop had 8gb ram, a gt970 and i7 processor (this is off the top of my head) with a 1tb HDD. Large programs took a minute or two to compile but otherwise it did the trick.

Reason I'm switching is because my HDD took a shit already this year and I'd rather play it safe. My laptop is also coming up on 2 years old.

What's a cheap yet effective build similar to my old laptop? SSD is a must. I've tried searching but am unsure.
>>
>>57134599
I guess that would work. Would saving a large .jpg really get it up to a gig?
>>
>>57134718
You're safe.
>>
>>57134837

It seems to me that your best bet would be just to buy an SSD and replace the drive that failed in your previous laptop.

Spec wise, your previous laptop should be more than enough, save maybe upgrading your RAM to 16GB, but that's optional imo. You said your previously laptop had an HDD? That was probably what made those large programs take some time to compile.
>>
How to find a girlfriend?
>>
>>57134852
What are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>>57134862
Thank you for the response, your suggestion seems much better. Yeah, I had a 1tb HDD, don't know the exact information on it.
>>
Whats a good google doc font for a big tech thing I need to print out and give to people
>>
>>57134852
What. Is. Your. Goal?

If you just need a 1 GB file, dd if=/dev/urandom of=myfile.dat bs=1M count=1024

If you need it to be a picture, create roughly enough pixels of image size in Gimp and save it in the format of your choice.
>>
>>57134886
I don't really know

It just sounds cool to have a 1gb photo
>>
>>57134932
My goal is just having a 1gb image. It sounds cool, that's all.
>>
File: ebd[1].jpg_large.jpg (37KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
ebd[1].jpg_large.jpg
37KB, 649x638px
>>57134938
>>57134950
Then do this. You can make any image as large as you want. It'll just look a bit shit if you make a little picture big.
>>
>>57134837
>gt970
that should still be good. which CPU model exactly? get a nice SSD and clean out the fans and heatsink and you should not have to buy something new.

>>57134928
google google fonts they have tons of free good ones
>>
>>57134938
Why not create something of your own? Go start taking pictures for a huge panorama and put them together in photoshop.
>>
>>57134938
>>57134950
Is this what 8 year olds would sound like if they were computer literate?
>>
>>57134718
You're fine. Although I suggest against Github. Depending on your job and contract, there might be a clause that what you write while working for the company for your job is company property.
>>
>>57134599
Do you know the difference between "Game Trainers & Unlockers" and "Game Fixers"?

I'm using

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_rollercoaster_tycoon_3.shtml
>>
>>57134985
its 15000x12150 now and its only 34.4KB and paint is starting to lag
>>
>>57135042
>paint
you need to add grain shit to make it stop calculating the same pixel colors as huge areas to save file size

get paint.net or gimp
>>
>>57133649
Please help
>>
>>57135024
You just want the No-CD/Fixed one for your exe's version if you want to play normally. Trainer and unlocker ones are cheats to make the game easier or unlock locked stuff in-game.

>>57135042
Don't save as png.
>>
>>57134306
someone pls
>>
>>57134996
I lied on my own post, it's a gt940.
>>
Recommend me a lightweight Linux distro for a dual core Sandy Bridge Pentium laptop with 2 GiB of RAM, please.

Windows 7 is becoming unbearable to use.
>>
>>57135108
why do people not answer the fucking questions you ask them....
>>
>>57135095
Awesome thanks.

Anyway I can get the addons from here? Or dose this only worth with the legit copy I have. I think just v1.0.

And is it possible to update the game once I do this?
>>
>>57133649
I've never heard of that happening
Upload a video or something
>>
>>57135149
you should be able to activate it with your cd key. and you can download patches from the net and use whatever mods you want
>>
>>57135126
puppy
>>
>>57135164
Anything other than Puppy, man.

Puppy is more unbearable than Win7.
>>
>>57135149
Apply updates BEFORE replacing the exe. Updates will either bomb out if the exe doesn't match or replace it with an original one for that version.

What form of addons? You typically find addons and updates for older games at fan sites.
>>
Probably not a dumb question but more of a general question.

Just ordered an I7 6700K to replace my I7 860.

Didn't want to fall for the AMD meme is it a good processor for the little bit of extra money you pay?
>>
>>57135186
amd is cheaper because they're less powerful. yes it's a good processor.
>>
>>57135126
Arch
you already knew someone was going to say this
>>
What's a sub 100 dollar laptop I can buy on eBay for my Mom?
Used, USD, it'll probably always be plugged in
>>
>>57135208
Cool deal thanks anon.
>>
>>57135163
>>57135182
>addons
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 had 2 official addons, not mods. I did not own them, so just wondering I could get them from here.

>>57135182
How can I apply the updates before replacing the exe if I need to replace the exe to run it on a discless laptop?
>>
>>57135186
If it's primarily for games, not worth it. But for multimedia (photoediting, video editing, etc.), it might be.

Get an unlocked i5 if you only want to game.
>>
will my PS2 work with my tower? I wanna play a game on ps2 from the old days but i dont have a tv anymore, just my desktop

can i plug my ps2 into my desktop?
>>
>>57133649
>>57135152
Here:
https://youtu.be/8qt6oyQ8oF4

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
>>
>>57135239
not your personal shopping army

>>57135266
try >>>/v/ or >>>/vg/
you should be able to run them without problems. just make sure you get the right no-cd crack for the right patch version.

>>57135294
No. Download a PS2 emulator.
>>
>>57135326
>playback on other websites has been disabled
lol you cuck
>>
>>57135022
What? I've heard of this before, with creative work relating to book ideas and sales pitches.

I don't understand how this is legal.
Can't you just say it's something you wrote at home, and brought to your job?
>>
>>57135351
How do I even change that setting?
>>
>>57135351
>>57135371
Never mind, fixed it, my bad.
>>
>>57135342
y-you too
>>
>>57135294
Check out pcsx2 mate. But damn, you've really never heard of an emulator before?
>>
>>57135371
it has something to do with the youtube settings or maybe because it is a privated video

anyways I've never seen that happen. Have you tried clearing the cache and restarting the browser?
>>
>>57135266
>Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 had 2 official addons, not mods. I did not own them, so just wondering I could get them from here.
No. Downloading the exe for an addon pack will not give you the addon pack. It doesn't include the content. You can get those on ebay or pirate bay.

>>57135266
>How can I apply the updates before replacing the exe if I need to replace the exe to run it on a discless laptop?
Do you do the updates from inside the game? If so, apply the one for the unupdated exe and see if it will go through with the update. Hopefully you'll just end up with and updated game that refuses to run without the disc. Then you can apply the No-CD crack for that version.

Otherwise, install on a machine with a CD drive, update, apply the no-CD, and copy the game folder out of there. Install on your laptop and don't update or crack. You're mainly just getting all the registry crap in. Now replace the game folder with the updated one from the other machine. You might also need to peruse the registry and see if anything in the game's keys (HKLM\Software\..., HKCU\Software\...) reference the version.

I've even copied Locomotion (another game from the same dev) from PC to PC with no CD. I just exported all registry keys I could find that are associated with it, combined them into one .reg file, and edited the install path in keys that reference it as needed. Then I can just unzip the game wherever, edit the .reg, and merge it to install the game.
>>
>>57132944
what VPS host does /g/ use? preferably one with a lot of one click apps
>>
>>57132944
is there a Decent, Free VPN that anyone can recommend? willing to buy if satisfied with results
>>
>>57135392
Yes I've tried that already but it didn't solve the problem unfortunately.
>>
File: GNU-social-logo.svg.png (18KB, 640x201px) Image search: [Google]
GNU-social-logo.svg.png
18KB, 640x201px
OAuth. I need to get information from one service, and send it to another service through the IFTTT servers. See:

Wordpress -> IFTTT -> GNU Social 

But, I'm having trouble to connect IFTTT to GNU Social through OAuth. How should I configure it?

I already registered WordPress as an app on GNU Social, and received those informations:
>consumer key
>consumer secret
>request token URL
>access token URL
>authorize URL

Now, on IFTTT, is this the right way to format the request?

https://quitter.se/api/oauth/request_token/<consumer key>:<consumer secret>/statuses/update 
>>
>>57135439
have you tried another browser?
>>
>>57135342
>>/v/ or >>/vg/
I checked but they didn't have any relevant threads, I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

>>57135394
Sweet, thanks anon. One of these has to work.
>>
>>57135443
Firefox has no issues with Messenger but I prefer to use Chrome. I'm guessing it might be an extension issue so I'll try disabled them one by one and seeing if that's the cause.
>>
>>57135404
I personally use https://kaiju.cc because it's cheap. I think there's only a couple guys that run the place but it works.
>>
Fresh Windows 7 install on an SSD.

I can't get Deluge to torrent correctly. I just get an "Error" message on download progress bar. How do I fix this? Do I not have permission on the SSD to do so, and if that's it, solution?
>>
>>57135294
PCSX2 as mentioned by the other guy.

Or you can see if your monitor has composite or component inputs. If it does, get the correct cable for the PS2 and connect it up. You won't be able to record video of you playing games, but it'll work just like playing on a TV. Note that the PS2 needed a bit of setting fiddling to make component work right.

Alternately, get a video capture device with a composite input. Use the software for it to watch the input and play your games. You can use this to capture video as well since it's going through your PC, unlike the monitor input way. Note that not all video capture devices are made equal. Some introduce some lag. I have this one and it works great, no input lag:
https://www.amazon.com/Kworld-Video-Capture-Tuners-USB2800D/dp/B000234SMQ
I haven't tried their software, I just installed the basic driver and use generic programs with it.

The one catch is mine came with the left and right audio inputs wired backwards, so I have to plug the red cable into the white plug and vise versa. Or I can just ignore the audio input and connect it to my sound card using a regular RCA-to-3.5mm adapter since that's all the device is for audio. It doesn't capture audio using the USB device, so all the USB2 bandwidth can be used for video.
>>
>>57135413
>free
>decent
pick one

mullvad or PIA
>>
>>57135441
>Using IFTTT
>>
>>57135456
Welp that didn't work either, now I have no clue.
>>
>>57135478
firewall? port forward?
>>
>>57135413
why not get a VPS and make your own vpn?
>>
>>57135126
Lubuntu would be perfect.

Puppy is a disaster waiting to happen. Everything runs as root by default.
>>
>>57135127
You can always demand a full refund.
>>
>>57135489
Could you please explain the problem?
>>
>>57135515
not him but that defeats the whole fucking purpose of a VPN since your personal details will most likely be linked to that VPS.

any good VPN provider like mullvad allows you to pay completely anonymously so you cannot be traced and they dont save logs like a VPS provider might do.

>>57135541
nah it's just retarded from their part because they're less likely to get help and find an answer if they ignore certain questions that we need to figure out what's going on and rule out possbilities. it's what makes troubleshooting what it is.
>>
>>57135495
I think I need to port forward. I have a "No incoming connections" message at the bottom of Deluge.

Do you know how to port forward on a fiber optic connection or should I just google?
>>
>>57135481
im just gonna go ahead and use the emulator

i wanted to play this game

http://coolrom.com/roms/ps2/41204/Predator_-_Concrete_Jungle.php#
>>
>>57135566
first check firewall

a fiber converter should not need to be forwarded (most cant since it's just straight pass-thru)

what kind is it? does it have an interface you can login to?
>>
>>57135566
>>57135594
btw do you have a router/modem?
>>
is it possible to use wired controller for android phones? If yes how?
ill get an android in 2 months and would like to play with a controller want to know which controller would work or do they all work?
>>
>>57135604
Yeah, I have fiber internet directly to my home, and both a modem and a router. I know jack shit about networking though and haven't fucked with any settings on it.
>>
>>57135186
It depends on your use case. For certain things like multithreaded video transcoding, etc, a $135 AMD FX 8320 will beat any mid-range Intel cpu costing twice as much. For single threaded use, an Intel is easily better. So it comes down to whether your os/application uses all 8 cores or not.
>>
I'm just getting back into torrenting, which sites are actually up and which ones are fake?
>>
>>57135618
then you need to get into your router and port forward. just google your device model + port forward and you should get guides.
>>
>>57135650
great. thank you for the help
>>
What is better:
A browser password manager
or
Independent password manager

and what are some good ones to use?
>>
File: error.png (29KB, 598x427px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
29KB, 598x427px
im trying to update the version of gcc in babun/cygwin following http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_install_a_newer_version_of_GCC.

when i run the make command after a while i get these errors, starting with "types may not be defined in casts"

i cant seem to turn up this error through google, can anyone help?
>>
>>57135643
private ones are up. rutracker is up.

>>57135699
depends if you want your shit to save more than just website logins or not.

i use lastpass for browser stuff
>>
>>57135650
The only guide for port forwarding for my specific router is through the router's actual user manual. How do I know what range of Ports I need to forward?
>>
>>57135728
also
Is it better to use something like lastpass or just use the one built into firefox with a master password?
>>
>>57135735
the port you set in your torrent client you derp

>>57135745
lastpass is way more secure than firefox's built in shit
>>
>>57135107
does the hardware you have actually have native H264 decoding?
>>
File: okay last check.png (32KB, 1832x476px) Image search: [Google]
okay last check.png
32KB, 1832x476px
>>57135748
Alright, last question just to make sure I don't fuck anything up.

I just put the port that i have my torrent client set to where I put "insert ip address" and add that exception? which one of the drop down settings do I use?

Sorry, I'm retarded.
>>
>>57135362
Something something company time something something intellectual property.

It might as well be intellectual theft, but courts say it's fine and you willingly signed it, so.....
I.E. Eugene Stoner made the AR-15 while working for Armalite, and he is the designer, but he does not own the rights to the gun. Armalite does.
>>
>>57135748
lastpass is owned by logmein now, abandon ship.
>>
>>57135807
yeah. tho you might want to setup static lan ip aswell if you have any other computers or devices in your home
>>
>>57135615
There might be a way with USB OTG, but everybody just uses Bluetooth ones since they can be designed in a way that it holds the phone and doesn't need to be special made for the USB port location on your phone
>>
if i buy a game on steam will i have that game forever? and be able to play it on any computer i get in the future?
assuming steam is still up x years from now
>>
>>57135896
yes. yes.
you dont even need to be online for SP in most games so not a problem if steam would happen to die.
>>
What is a /g/ approved career to pursue in the US Air Force?
>>
>>57135896
Yes, and you can delete and reinstall the local content whenever you want
>>
>>57135896
yes, you can download and play on any computer after purchase, just not the same account, same game, same time, on different computers.
>>
>>57135896
Yes you can use it on any computer for as long as steam is up
Steam family sharing lets you use the same account on different computers at the same time as long as you aren't playing the same game iirc
There have been some cases of third party DRM limiting number of installs, but that's not steam itself.
>>
So my computer is performing as well as it should be. I've got a gtx 1080 and a i7 6700k, but I'm getting 30 fps in games like csgo. Already checked power settings, reinstalled drivers, updated bios. Still far lower than it should be though. Any tips?
>>
Took out my gfx card to clean it. Just used a qtip. Now none of my display ports work. Tried the ones on the mobo without the gfx c in but just keep recieving no signal.

Tried the hdmi and dvi ports.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>57136163
fps_max 100
vsync

try pressing "recommended" settings in the game.

>>57136220
you might have zapped the mobo because you didnt ground yourself before touching it when removing or reinserting the gpu
>>
>>57136239
I suppose I should correct that, its not just csgo, just games such as that that one would expect it to have far higher fps.
vsync is also disabled.
>>
>>57136239
But its on and it has the loading light. The bios tries to do a recover when set down inappropriately but it usually shows when connected via dvi... depending on the monitor.

Also green lights all around

Just cant get it to display
>>
>>57135404
bump, I want more than just one answer please
>>
>>57136279
you can turn the key on your car and get lights but not get the engine started aswell you tard

take it all apart and reassemble
>>
I built a new computer recently, and I am having trouble with audio that is not being run through my graphics card. Doesn't matter if it is an audio jack or USB 2.0 for headphones, I get really crackly sound, sounding like an old dusty record is the best comparison I can make. Lots of popping. I thinking this might be the mobo being all fucked? Can post specs if there is any interest. I was thinking it could also be a grounding loop or something but I haven't had any shorting or problems with other devices, only audio.
>>
>>57136334
I do have a new build in boxes. Just wasnt looking to retire this one today...

I mean haha suck my dick took the gfxc out again and the bio ports work just fine now... fuck me damnit cunt shot ni grew whee
>>
>>57133797
It's your ears and your gear, so ABX test yourself.

http://lacinato.com/cm/software/othersoft/abx
>>
Quick question

Good plugins for you-tube? Just general quality of life stuff, download options ect with no dumb bloat
>>
>>57136403
yeah they can be tricky sometimes. my old parts i used as files server sometimes wouldnt boot and i just had to rearrange the ram a few times and suddenly it works
>>
>>57135824
I don't know why, but my mind fucking hates this.

I guess that's what you get for being an employee?
>>
>>57136400
I have the same issue, although my USB-headsets work fine.

Audio jack headphones crackle. (Especially during high CPU load, I think. Does that make sense?)

I built my own computer as well.
>>
>>57136623
interference from other components during load. get a DAC.
>>
Ok I want to get an image file of a map of a large area, but I can't just take a screenshot in google maps because it would be too zoomed out and useless. Is there anyway to export high resolution images from google maps, or any other map software, that is high resolution enough to let a lot of detail show up?
>>
I want a pc but I know nothing about building and installing windows. I saw this prebuilt (I know) pc on amazon and I just want some insight on this. Is this pc worth the specs and the price?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNBLHAA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
>>
>>57136910
>Intel i5-6402P
nope.

and installing windows is easy as fuck you just put in the install media (dvd or usb) and press a keyboard button and press NEXT until it's done.
>>
>>57136910
>>57136958
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/yGrK7h
>>
>>57132944
Sup /g/ whats the quickest way to get a list of a bunch of corporate emails or business company emails ...in short im trying to mass market emails to companies..
>>
>>57137063
>in short im trying to mass market emails to companies

You're that anon from that thread about using tons of computers to send out job applications to tons of corporations, right?

How did that work out?
>>
>>57137092
Not me but, how you do that?

i should work out for him tho, im just sending a bunch of promo deals for my company so yeah.
>>
I'm finally looking at replacing my Phenom II X4 955, and I'm thinking I'll go with the i7 6700K. It having the highest per-core performance is what's winning me over, but am I wrong in thinking that modern games don't use more than 4 cores?
>>
>>57133570
Get him to send it to you and use fiddler to see if he's full of shit.
>>
>>57137126
you're half right. you get most bang for your buck with a 4 core i5, BUT, the extra threads on the i7 can help stabilize your FPS which will give you less drops in performance and result in a smoother experience and let you play on slightly higher settings overall.

personally i would wait until legit real life AMD Zen benchmarks are out (rumour release Q1 next year), and your CPU should be decent enough to last you until then.
Also Intel is planning on releasing Kaby Lake about then.

If you really want to buy something now there is nothing wrong with buying since the expected performance boost with kaby lake is only a couple % and will probably be mostly more efficient power consumption and less heating.
>>
>>57137202
Awesome, thanks. I'm thinking I'll compare some benchmarks and debate between getting top performance this round, or the i5 bang for the buck, and then probably wait for Zen unless there's a good sale before then.
>>
File: dots.png (121KB, 1187x930px) Image search: [Google]
dots.png
121KB, 1187x930px
Im getting all of these dots appearing around text. Sometimes they are green sometimes purple. They go away when i scroll sometimes. So this started happening after I crashed Overwatch crashed saying my "rendering device has been lost". Now i cant even get overwatch to open and I get the same error. I tried playing batman arkham knight and it crashed during the performance test.

I have updated my drivers and nothing has changed. At first I feared my GPU fried somehow but I was able to open up a unigine benchmark and everything ran fine maxed out. The only thing that changed was I downloaded the PTR server for overwatch. That is the only thing different today.

Im using a gtx1070
windows 10

Again all of this started today.
>>
>>57137304
try running furmark, prime95 and memtest

looks like GPU artifacts to me. hows your temps?
>>
File: graphics glitch.png (1MB, 1936x1092px) Image search: [Google]
graphics glitch.png
1MB, 1936x1092px
>>57132944
having an issue with PCSX2

playing predator concrete jungle

this graphic glitch occurs during the different vision modes available to the predator

also this line/bar thing happens during cut scenes sometimes

how do i fix?
>>
File: graphics glitch 2.png (1MB, 1936x1092px) Image search: [Google]
graphics glitch 2.png
1MB, 1936x1092px
>>57137526
otherwise the game is fine besides this bar glitch

but the problem is i cant utilize a very important tool within the game, that i will need to get further
>>
File: normal graphics.png (3MB, 1936x1092px) Image search: [Google]
normal graphics.png
3MB, 1936x1092px
>>57137543
how the game usually looks
>>
>>57137526
Update your predator vision software, this is fixed in the latest patch
>>
>>57137563

now where would that be senpai
>>
>>57137327
I was able to run furmark my lowest temp was 44 C and ended at 67 C at the 1440P preset test I got a score of 4000. I ran prime 95 for 15 minutes in a toruture test and had no errors. I didnt run memtest because I really dont feel like finding an empty flash drive.

So I don't know whats going on. I would have thought I would have crashed during furmark if my gpu was going bad.
>>
>>57137526
try different renderers
>>
>>57137689
how do i do that?
>>
File: BLs_ZbRB2NW.jpg (353KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BLs_ZbRB2NW.jpg
353KB, 1080x1080px
i cant figure this out. im playing tomb raider from 2013 and i love it but i cant get above 45 fps in the intro forest location when i thought even with settings maxed, i should.

this is my pc list
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Captinhazmat/saved/dNm8dC

Is the game just shit and i have to just take a hit in settings? makes rise of tomb raider less likely to run well though i read that one is shit in optimization.
>>
im going to replace my dying r9 280x with a rx 470. question is, do i have to uninstall my drivers? or can i leave them be and upgrade them after replacing my gpu
>>
>>57137790
If the device doesn't match the driver, Windows will just revert back to the Basic display adapter until you correct the driver.
>>
>>57136835
https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/

Try this.

Also as far as the Google Maps thing goes, I don't think those are images they use, not readily exported images at least. I think they're rendered server side in real time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Are these temps normal for a brand new out of the box laptop with these specs running Bf4 at 720p/60fps on low? For what it's worth at 1080p 60fps/medium the temps are more or less the same

90c seems pretty high to me, to the point where i'm not sure I feel comfortable playing the game at all on this.
>>
>>57137906
Actually, I got mixed up, 720p is the temps in the image around 80/85c, at 1080 it's 90-93c
>>
>>57137906
Yes that's fucking hot dude. 100 degress Celsius is boiling temperature, or 232 degrees Fahrenheit.

You're nearing boiling point of water.
>>
>>57137906
Its a laptop so running hot is to be expected
>>
>>57137952
So do you think the parts are defective or can a CPU of that level of power just not handle a game like BF4?

I know it's dangerously hot, I was asking more if it getting that hot is to be expected given the game or if it getting that hot is abnormal
>>
>>57137983
It's more likely than not your heatsink or thermal paste placement. If either of those are poor quality, you get retardedly hot temps like that.

Get them checked out. It's possible that it can't handle it as well as other builds, but it's most likely poor heat sink, thermal paste and airflow quality. Get all of those checked.
>>
>>57138033
Well, it's a laptop, not a desktop, so
>>
>>57138046
So? You can still open up a laptop. Or if you don't know how, take it to somebody who does. Those really are your options man.
>>
>>57137983
Its a 5700HQ which should have enough power
>>
I am planning on running Windows/Ubuntu on a partitioned SSD and having a separate HDD for general file storage. Will I be able to access this HDD from both operating systems?
>>
>>57138241
Yes.
>>
File: 1465590547242.png (327KB, 668x461px) Image search: [Google]
1465590547242.png
327KB, 668x461px
i have an old 560ti i still use to this day. will a 1050ti be bottle necked on a fx 4130? i'd rather not get a new cpu.
>>
>>57134306
your machine doesn't have a dedicated H264 decoder
>>
>>57134332
I had an 8GB .png image of snoop dogg's face but I can't find it, it's probably on my other drive

just upscale an image a lot and then give fake RAW info
>>
>>57135042
>paint
you can't be serious
at least use GIMP
>>
Is there a guide to what brands to buy to replace my laptop battery?
>>
>>57138260
No it wont.
>>
Are there any downsides to using windows posready 2009? Is there any reason I should use 7 over it?
>>
>>57135294
PCSX2 works, but it's not 100% accurate on all games, so if I was you I'd get a composite to VGA adapter, or whatever fits your monitor needs. That would require you to buy one tho, so yeah if you don't wanna spend money and time, get PCSX2 and check the game compatibility list see if it supports the games you wanna play
>>
i messed up somewhere on rooting my phone and i need to flash back to stock, is it possible to flash back to stock in an LG Optimus G Pro without PC?
>>
Someone posted a programminginterview question that saus count from 700 to 200 in decriments of 13.

I really don't get how you'd do this. You could write a loop but youd hit 206 and then go to 193.

What's the answer?
>>
What general should I go to for advice on buying a new mouse?
>>
>>57138471
>without a PC
no.
>>
>>57138496
For what?

Just werks?
Confortable?
Expensive?
Gayming?
>>
File: mouse2.jpg (566KB, 1233x1453px) Image search: [Google]
mouse2.jpg
566KB, 1233x1453px
>>
>>57138551
Fuuark. I remember using a MS Intellimouse. Damn it felt fucking good.

Now I just have an ok logitech.
>>
>>57138496
Mice are pretty subjective.

Unless you need stupid dpi for gaming or something judt go with what feels comfortable in your hand.
>>
Whats the best color case for playing fps?
>>
>>57138583
Sometimes i wonder why people as questions like this.
>>
File: 1473954649242.png (2MB, 1169x872px) Image search: [Google]
1473954649242.png
2MB, 1169x872px
>>57133074
I'm a second year computer science student and i only understand about half the stuff I'm learning. i still do well(acceptable) on tests. is this normal?
>>
>>57138583
red makes you faster.
>>
>>57138583
>>57138642
Red can lead to overheating though. Get blue to be on the safe side. Or compromise and go with purple.
>>
Why is every program in the "Ubuntu software center" outdated? How do I fix this?
>>
File: 1471764305710.jpg (43KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471764305710.jpg
43KB, 720x720px
Hey /g/, I've been checking out Bash on Ubuntu on Linux and it's pretty neat so far.
However, while I can get ssh running, I can't get an IRC client to work.
Irssi says: Resource temporarily unavailable
Weechat says: Not enough memory
What is going on and how do I get them to work?
>>
>>57138046
My laptops get clogged with lint. It's from the bed maybe. It gets on one side of the copper lattice that the fan blows on. Try to get to it without "unscrewing" the heat sink from the processor. Or else you have to replace the thermal paste.
>>
>>57137906
Its a I7 on a laptop 70°C should be expected.

Try to clean the HSF and repaste it with some good quality paste.
>>
>>57138742
never mind. I didn't read everything. Maybe someone cleaned off all the thermal paste. Does the fan whir?
>>
>>57138742
>It's from the bed maybe
Ya think? Try not running the laptop on a dusty surface like a bed. At least put a board between the two to allow proper cooling without vacuuming the dust out of the bed.
>>
>>57136400
any suggestions? still here.
>>
>>57137640
any help here?
>>
>>57139007
GPU driver issues? Or perhaps it's a hardware issue in the GPU that isn't heat dependent. Do the dots show up in Furmark, or just Chrome?

Try reinstalling the driver maybe.
>>
>>57135239
Bumping request
>>
>>57139066
Old Thinkpad, or get a low-midrange Android tablet.
>>
If you can run quad channel for ram is it better to run 2x8gb dual channel or 4x4gb for quad channel. Or does it not even make a difference?
>>
File: Untitled.png (38KB, 1920x280px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38KB, 1920x280px
How to I disable thermal throttling when it's clearly not needed
>>
>>57139129
It makes pretty much no difference
>>
>>57139059
I re ran furmark just to double check and I did not see any dots. They seem to show up around text in browsers. In my windows start menu the text seems distorted in some way with parts of it becoming more pixelated.

Ive tried 3 different drivers to no avail.
>>
File: QoS.jpg (219KB, 712x826px) Image search: [Google]
QoS.jpg
219KB, 712x826px
>>57132944

Im using DD-WRT firmware in my WRT1900AC router.

What is the best Packet Scheduler and Queueing Discipline in QoS for online games?

is it HTB + FQ_CODEL or HSFC + SFQ?

Can i use HSFC + FQ_CODEL?
>>
>>57132944
I need to blow the whistle on hilary and this is the only way I can think of, if I get killed for this peace out /g/uys

68-74-74-70-73-3a-2f-2f-61-77-6f-6f-6f-6f-77-6f-6f-6d-6b-63-63-77-62-73-2e-6f-6e-69-6f-6e
>>
dumb overclocking question, I'm overclocking my 4690k to 4.5ghz, with core voltage at 1.225, I've run stress tests on it for +10 minutes and played things like battlefield1 on it for at least an hour and it works fine and temps stay below 75c. But for some reason when I first turn on my pc, after about 3-10 minutes it'll just shut down saying the overclock is unstable, I can change nothing and turn just skip through bios and save the settings and after that it'll stay on fine with no high temps or anything.

The thing I don't understand is if I had an unstable overclock it should bluescreen or shutdown during the stress test or while playing something, except everything runs fine. If I turn on my pc, restart it, then it also does not shut down, so I'm really confused why it only happens when I initially turn it on after it has been off for a while.
>>
File: WP_20161018_22_02_39_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161018_22_02_39_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>57132944
The latest windows 10 update doesn't agree with my system. What should I do?
>>
File: programming-challenges.png (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
programming-challenges.png
302KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a more updated version of this?
>>
>>57139559
Rolling
>>
Can someone teach me how to Dox?
I just need their
Primary Facebook E-mail address & I can do the rest.
>>
>>57139675
By the way this is the person that I need to fucking Dox.
>>
File: ThisGuy.png (126KB, 946x521px) Image search: [Google]
ThisGuy.png
126KB, 946x521px
>>57139675
>>57139685
>>
>>57139675
hijack a facebook page with a couple thousand likes, make it look like a radio station, inbox them telling them they've won a contest and you need their email - You should always keep a page with a few thousand likes people trust them for some reason

if you want anymore help I'd like to know why you're trying to dox him
>>
>>57139675
You have 182 mutual friends. Just ask him for his email for some stupid reason like gaming or something.
>>
>>57139691
inboxed him on facebook linking to an archive of this thread warning him, he has 60 people on his friends list, he should be able to figure out who you are
>>
>>57132944
Alright, how do I save an image from ChatSecure?
>>
>>57133628
Are you listening to it, or are you sampling it?

Properly mastered CD quality maxes out human hearing capability, but maybe you want to massively pitch down samples for a baseline. In that case ultrasonic content might become audible (note that in practice there rarely is much ultrasonic content in 96kHz/192kHz music).
>>
>>57139699
Gladly...
So, one time he doxed me and posted it on one of the forums he and I we're a part of. He and I we're actually friends but ever since he learned how to "hack" he's been fucking obsessed with it and one time fucking doxed me to the school forum revealing my shit and including my phone number and which resulted to constant harassment and again resulted to me switching my sim card and changing my e-mail just to stop the harassment.

I know two wrongs don't make a right but I just want to deactivate his account for a couple of weeks and then reactivate it for him to feel my presence.
>>
>>57139691
don't worry, the NSA already doxxed him for you
>>
>>57139717
Believe me...I tried mate. I tried asking for maybe something about a donation, or a game but he always uses a different e-mail account just to preserve his fucking shit.
>>
If I connect a graphics card that requieres pc-i express x16 on a laptop's mini pcie x1, how much speed would I lose?
>>
>>57139745
I want to know his e-mail though
>>
>>57139738
considering you got doxxed you're not that good, I'd consider going on the deepweb and hiring a hacker
>>
>>57139748
It should be a 75% to 50% decrease.
>>
>>57139747
I don't understand how you already haven't doxxed him. You have 182 mutual friends. Just ask someone where he lives because he forgot his sunglasses at your place or something.
>>
>>57139747
this so much >>57139769
if you're desperate you could just ask all of his close friends if they'd sell you his address for £50, then just get him swatted - if he posted your dox they'd find something on his PC they could charge him with
>>
>>57139761
Well he only doxxed me cause he already knew my shit to begin with cause you know we we're friends to begin with. I gave him my phone number and my I used my old e-mail address to create a Facebook account which he knew because he was the one who invited me to create a Facebook in the first place. I made mine in his place. So he knew to begin with.

>>57139769
Yeah...So, I already almost all of his shit like Address, ISP, OS and you know most of those things I just don't have his FB Username, Email and Password.
>>
>>57139796
if you have his address just do what this anon said
>get him swatted - if he posted your dox they'd find something on his PC they could charge him with
that's much better than anything you could do with his email

also deepweb sites offer to ruin someones life (get them fired, kicked out of college, plant child porn then report them) for less than £500
>>
>>57139794
I repeat I don't need his address, my plan is just to deactivate his FB account for a few weeks just to know to not mess with me.
>>
>>57139814
a minor inconvenience won't teach him fucking anything, go vandalize his house or beat him up, I mean unless you're scared of him
>>
>>57139813
>get him swatted
I don't think I want to go to that extent mate.

>>57139831
Nah, I'm not gonna do it cause of fear. It's because his my friend and I live in New Zealand and he's in the Fucking Philippines
>>
File: 20161019_005248.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_005248.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Anytime a dark scene appears when I play vidya pic related dots show up... I tried searching Google for a solution or even if anyone else has the same problem with no luck... any ideas on how to fix? Thanks
>>
File: sameguy.png (68KB, 1010x523px) Image search: [Google]
sameguy.png
68KB, 1010x523px
>>
>>57139844
>I don't think I want to go to that extent mate.
if you don't get him worse than he got you you won't teach him anything, he proved he can fuck with you online you need to prove you can fuck with him in real life

but if you're some sort of pussy just read this nad find something that suits your needs
https://github.com/bibanon/bibanon/wiki/Ruin-Life-Tactics
>>
File: same guy again.png (195KB, 1011x529px) Image search: [Google]
same guy again.png
195KB, 1011x529px
>>
>>57139857
Looks like GPU artifacting. Does it happen in multiple games?
If no, verify the game cache and/or reinstall.
If yes, update drivers. If that doesn't work, use MSI afterburner to underclock your card and see if that helps. Otherwise you just have to deal with it until it dies, which may be soon.
>>
>>57139912
It's a ps4 hooked up to a Samsung tv.... sorry should of mentioned that..
>>
File: first model.png (236KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
first model.png
236KB, 960x540px
HTML Question : Can I store offline records in a JSON file or can I simply use an array?
>>
i got a thermaltake litepower 700w thats dodgy asf and only has 1 6+2 pin but my new gpu (gtx 780 ghz) needs 2 8 pins. what do if i only plug 1 8 pin and 1 6 pin into it?
>>
>>57139881
again like I said i live in NZ he lives in Philippines.
>>
>>57139961
you can fuck with him IRL without being in the same country, read the link faggot
>>
>>57139944
JSON is recommended as it is standardised and thus cross-compatible.
>>
>>57132987
Install Gentoo
>>
File: 1473251604156.jpg (70KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
1473251604156.jpg
70KB, 431x432px
So Im about to buy these headphones https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HVLUR86/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1 should I buy this amp to go with it??? https://www.amazon.ca/SMSL-Decoder-Headphone-Amplifier-Computer/dp/B01FRVTE2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476857356&sr=8-1&keywords=SMSL+M3 or just the headphones connected to the computer will be fine? will prolly listen to music on youtube mostly
>>
>>57140042
no need for the AMP
>>
File: 1394844511202.jpg (123KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
1394844511202.jpg
123KB, 431x432px
>>57140042
Fuck, I remember saving this image so long ago and feeling with it.

Fuck I still feel with it. God damn man.
>>
Hey /g/, I'm building my first computer but i'm not the most knowledgeable person about all the specifics of compatibility between items and related issues. Any chance you could help me out and make sure everything should work? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NateG515/saved/#view=twV6hM
>>
>>57140085
"Permission denied."
>>
>>57139997
Thank you fampai
>>
Which one should i get /g/?

Antec neo eco II bronze 650w $105
Antec EarthWatts 650w $130
EVGA GQ 650w gold $130
EVGA G2 650w gold (modular) $150
>>
>>57140108
ah
>>
>>57140131
>EVGA G2 650w gold (modular) $150
>>
>>57140065
Install Gentoo lel

... (;-; )

>fuck my life
>everything is wrong with it
>never experienced joy
>skipped last night posting on 4chan

p-please someone post an anime image
>>
File: 4you.png (193KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4you.png
193KB, 800x600px
>>57140149
fHere man.
>>
>>57140143
cheers, worth it for an extra fiddy bucks?
>>
>>57140085
Careful about what you post, Mr. Geimer.
>>
>>57140161
Thank you Anon. I'm leaving 4chan for now..
>>
>>57140181
yeah, especially if it's your first build
>>
>>57140205
never built a pc before, im just replacing the cheap psu on a prebuilt
>>
>>57140214
still go for that one desu
>>
>>57140222
yeah thanks pal
btw just making sure; i got a fx8150 and 780 ghz, is 650w 'ample' for my 'current' build
>>
I'm taking a look at RFC-2812, and I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. From page 8:
  key        =  1*23( %x01-05 / %x07-08 / %x0C / %x0E-1F / %x21-7F )
; any 7-bit US_ASCII character,
; except NUL, CR, LF, FF, h/v TABs, and " "

But the excluded hex characters here are NUL, ACK, HT, LF, VT, CR, and SP.
So ACK is excluded, and FF is included. I am not sure where the mistake is; is it in the comment, or the Augmented BNF expression? I.e., should it read
  key        =  1*23( %x01-05 / %x07-08 / %x0C / %x0E-1F / %x21-7F )
; except NUL, CR, LF, ACK, h/v TABs, and " "

or
  key        =  1*23( %x01-08 / %x0E-1F / %x21-7F )
; except NUL, CR, LF, FF, h/v TABs, and " "
>>
some copper pegs on my Heatsink have changed shape since I installed it. Should I be worried?
>>
>>57140606
unless they've changed shape to resemble demonic symbols, i wouldn't be worried
>>
>>57140626
uh....
>>
>>57140606
The heat pipes? Those shouldn't be deforming...
>>
>>57138551
Where's JamesDonkey in this?
>>
>>57138551
no zowie gtfo
>>
>>57137526
>>57137543
Try F9(?) to switch to software rendering
>>
>>57139243
Have you tried uninstalling that PTR server thing?
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.