[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Microsoft_Lumia_logo.svg.png (54KB, 2000x925px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_Lumia_logo.svg.png
54KB, 2000x925px
What went wrong?
>>
nobody gave a single fuck about it, and it ended with 0 support from third party app devs
>>
For me: Nothing.

I love my Lumia more than any phone I have ever previously owned and I don't use apps since I only use a phone for work and emergency contact. What apps MS provide are more than enough for me.
>>
>>57131975
not as cheap and open as android
not as prestigious as iphone
>>
>>57132009
Yeah, but why? Why do Microsoft doesn't take the biggest part of the mobile market share if it is the most used desktop os?

>>57132041
Microsoft Lumia phones and Android Phones have the same price.
>>
>>57132009
>nobody gave a single fuck about it
Not true, Europeans kept buying because >Nokia
>>
>>57132086
>Microsoft Lumia phones and Android Phones have the same price.
But they are not the same value.

From Hardware to Software.
>>
I dropped my 640 and the screen cracked, that's what went wrong.

Will upgrade to HP Elite x3 or Acer Jade Primo, will see these days what I can get them for. Maybe even a Lumia 950, they go for dirt cheap these days, and still impressive specs.
>>
Smaller selection of apps compared to other alternatives in the market.

I think that's pretty much it, most people I talk to say that Windows Phone 8 was pretty solid and that they had no problems with it. Although the ones who changed to Android/iOS did it for the bigger stores and because it was what most of their friends had.
>>
>>57131975
First of all the logo
>>
>>57132086
because that would make too much sense
>>
>>57132086
>>57132701
it doesn't make any sense, unless you're fucking retarded. microsoft has a large desktop market share because of legacy code, which they have 0 of in the mobile space
>>
>>57131975
No apps
>>
>>57131975
no apps
M$ waited too long to get into the mobile market there is no way they will ever catch up to android and IOS
>>
>>57132086
chicken and egg scenario

m$ waited too long to enter the mobile market

no apps and nobody wants to buy hardware that runs an OS that has no apps and no developers want to develop apps for hardware, /OS that has no userbase, they are screwed , there is literally nothing they can do
>>
>>57131975
Microsoft themselves are putting all of their efforts on killing it
>>
>>57131975
Nadella happened.

He has been actively killing the mobile division for months. No support from Microsoft means no apps and that means no customers.
>>
>>57132805

pretty much this

Microsoft has to hope that Android OEMs go MAD and destroy each other.
>>
>>57131975
Way too late.

WP7 was garbage.

Took forever to release WP8.

Took forever again to release Windows 10 for Phones.
>>
>>57131975

Dunno, just looks like someone used the bucket tool in paint to change the background color. That or it's just some weird intentionally shitty font. Have no clue about the blue blob on the M.
>>
Windows 10 Mobile is God tier. But the no apps is a real drag.
>>
>>57131975
Microsoft. They're just incompetent idiots.
>>
>>57131975
>Microsoft
>>
>>57133677
>WP7 was garbage.
and it never got updates
>>
>>57133738
Name one advantage it has over Android or iOS.
>>
>>57133738
are you serious ? having a 640 with win 10 m and is full of bug
>>
I'm waiting for Surface Phone.

Right now I'm split between Google botnet and Microsoft's botnet. Ultimately Microsoft is more useful to me because I do much more on my computer than my phone. Chromebooks are shit compared to proper Windows.

So if the Surface Phone is good, I might go over fully to Windows. I like the secure and low memory footprint UWP apps, I like the concept of Continuum.
>>
>>57133849
Updates
>>
>>57134418
Tell that to my 1020 or to the owners of HTC M8.
>>
>>57134757
>Tell that to my 1020 or to the owners of HTC M8.
Sure.
Just get both of them to the same place at the one time.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.