[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /g/ tell me about computers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: COMPUTER.png (359KB, 682x408px) Image search: [Google]
COMPUTER.png
359KB, 682x408px
Can /g/ tell me about computers?
>>
they compute

install gentoo
>>
mine's black
>>
Mine is green
>>
>>57130316
Don't you fucking lie to me
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (240KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
240KB, 1920x1281px
>>57130329
>>
>>57130047
mine is beige
>>
File: pi.jpg (18KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
pi.jpg
18KB, 500x351px
>>57130047
mine is black
>>
>>57130316
That's not a creative color
>>
They can count to a 50 in a blink of an eye.
>>
They'll print a picture and then tell you the time
>>
>>57130047
I don't know much about computers other than... Other than the one we got at my house, my mom put a couple of games on there and i played...
>>
>>57130047
A computer is a device that can be instructed to carry out an arbitrary set of arithmetic or logical operations automatically. The ability of computers to follow a sequence of operations, called a program, make computers very flexible and useful. Such computers are used as control systems for a very wide variety of industrial and consumer devices. This includes simple special purpose devices like microwave ovens and remote controls, factory devices such as industrial robots and computer assisted design, but also in general purpose devices like personal computers and mobile devices such as smartphones. The Internet is run on computers and it connects millions of other computers.

Since ancient times, simple manual devices like the abacus aided people in doing calculations. Early in the Industrial Revolution, some mechanical devices were built to automate long tedious tasks, such as guiding patterns for looms. More sophisticated electrical machines did specialized analog calculations in the early 20th century. The first digital electronic calculating machines were developed during World War II. The speed, power, and versatility of computers increased continuously and dramatically since then, to the point that artificial intelligence may become possible in the future.

Conventionally, a modern computer consists of at least one processing element, typically a central processing unit (CPU), and some form of memory. The processing element carries out arithmetic and logical operations, and a sequencing and control unit can change the order of operations in response to stored information. Peripheral devices include input devices (keyboards, mice, joystick, etc.), output devices (monitor screens, printers, etc.), and input/output devices that perform both functions (e.g., the 2000s-era touchscreen). Peripheral devices allow information to be retrieved from an external source and they enable the result of operations to be saved and retrieved.

/thread
>>
>>57132726
tl;dr
>>
>>57130612
dhmis
>>
>>57132751
tl;dr: computers compute
>>
>>57130047
DIGITAL STYLING
>>
I call my computer "Peeve".
>>
>>57133176
DIGITAL DANCING
>>
>>57130047
They can count to a fifty in the blink of an eye
>>
>>57130047
I put stickers on mine.
>>
File: COMPUTER.png (194KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
COMPUTER.png
194KB, 500x278px
>>57130047
WE ARE IN THE UNIVERSE
PLANETS LIVE INSIDE THE MOON
A ROCKET SHIP CAN GO TO SPACE
A ROCKET SHIP CAN GO TO THE MOON
>>
I'm a computer
A computery guy
Everything made of
Buttons and wires
>>
My dad is a computer
>>
File: 0_0.png (179KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
0_0.png
179KB, 500x395px
>>57130047
if only we could find more information on this topic anon-kun ( ^:
>>
>>57130047 Magic
>>
>>57132726
>/threading yourself
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (87KB, 1024x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
87KB, 1024x755px
>>57130047
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=schoolhouse+rock+computer
>>
>>57134345
HEY THIS IS FUN
>>
Carefully organised metals with plastic shells
>>
>>57130047
>Can /g/ tell me about computers?
Unlikely.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.