[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you even consider buying a phone without CM support? Me: no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 7

File: 16k6kg4.jpg (13KB, 499x290px) Image search: [Google]
16k6kg4.jpg
13KB, 499x290px
Would you even consider buying a phone without CM support?
Me: no
>>
CyanogenMod went to shit after CM11
>>
>>57129822
Me neither.

>>57129863
Yeah but it's still way less shit than bloated stock roms unless it's a Nexus or something, but then i wouldn't buy it either because no mSD slot.
>>
I'm ok with the close to stock Android that comes with Sony Xperia phones.
I can remove what I don't want.
>>
Ok, triggered. Lets do this.

CM sucks. I'll say it. It sucks. It sucks because the entire company, for the most part... doesn't even exist anymore. There is no "official" CM at this point. It's all community ports and uploads with a common base.

CM has two pros:
1. It's basically stock
2. It updates itself

This keeps it patched, which is a big plus from other roms but I just can't get CM to be as stable as a custom rom built by a small team.

Each CM release isn't checked painstakingly by the devs. They're ported to each device and taken on a whim.

Smaller Roms like Genesis for the G4 are made by people who are usually focused on one ROM, on one device... and it usually shows.

I like CM, but yeah... it sucks for stability these days, but damn if it doesn't stay updated.
>>
>>57129957
But you will get stuck to the android version Sony decides to support.With CM you can be perpetually up to date

>Smaller Roms like Genesis for the G4 are made by people who are usually focused on one ROM, on one device... and it usually shows.
Every supported phone has a dedicated developer though
>>
>>57130016
>perpetually
>>
File: contributors_cloud_new.png (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
contributors_cloud_new.png
1MB, 3000x3000px
>>57130002
>CM sucks. I'll say it. It sucks. It sucks because the entire company, for the most part... doesn't even exist anymore. There is no "official" CM at this point.
What "companies" do you know that develop OSes for Android smartphones that replace stock ones? (Also, CM was never made by a company, but there was an intention to made a commercial version based on it by Cyanogen Inc and people still up to this day dumbfoundedly consider that CyanogenMod==Cyanogen Inc.)
http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogen-inc-and-cyanogenmod
tl;dr: CyanogenMod isn’t going anywhere
>>
I have one.
Couldn't care less.
>>
>>57129822

Why buy a new phone only to have to put a poo on teh loo OS onto it to make it barely usable?
>>
>>57132679
Check this photo >>57131118. It contains the names of the CyanogenMod contributors. Now count the "poo on teh loo".
Yeah, right, that's exactly how a stupid parrot you are.
>>
I have an M7 with xposed and literally have no reason to use a custom Rom
>>
I never considered buying a phone not supported by CyanogenMod. (excluding Nexus, OnePlus and older Motorolas).
I've refrained myself from buying the Redmi Note 3 Pro until CyanogenMod become available for it.
>>
>>57134066
>no reason
Have an up to date OS with security vulnerabilities patched. There's you're reason
>>
>>57129822
Custom roms made a lot of sense 4 years ago, when most manufacturers had crappy roms, but today oem roms are mostly functional.

Rooting is still very handy though.
>>
Could anyone give me some guidelines on porting CM to a device? I've got a mid tier LG, and of course it isn't supported
>>
>>57135001
This
>>
>>57135001
Example guideline for LG G2:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_d802
>>
>>57134357
>There is you are reason

Get a load of this guy
>>
File: ogimage-tf.jpg (74KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ogimage-tf.jpg
74KB, 1200x630px
All android phones I've had have no builds. Bring Your Own Phone plan could work, but tracfone phones come with triple minute/text plan and are generally cheaper than anything else on the market.
>>
>>57129822
OP: Please validate my decisions.
Anon: No.
>>
The only phones I'd consider buying have no CM support.

>>57136389
You can put a Tracfone SIM in any unlocked phone. I'm pretty sure they go through AT&T so phones locked to AT&T should work as well
>>
>>57134357
except CM can't patch security vulns that involve binary blobs or need OEM's bootchain keys.
http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cm-13-0-release-znh5y
>>
>>57137404
Only within the last year did they start shipping sim cards for GSM with ATT, otherwise all their smart phones used CDMA through Verizon. I've yet to look into ATT coverage, but I'll probably go with it whenever i do decide to upgrade.
>>
>>57137457
except you wont get ANYTHING patched with stock
>>
>>57137601
but OEM ROMs aren't allowed to fundamentally break Android's security model like CM does and sign everything with non-secret certificates:
https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/22694/
>>
>>57137596
That's entirely false, TracFone's had GSM service for years.
>>
>>57134973
>4 years ago, when most manufacturers had crappy roms
still applies nowadays
>>
>>57129822
Yes. Just not an android phone.
>>
If it's not on the 'official' Cyanogenmod list, forget it. Not because I necessarily want to use Cyanogenmod, but because I know there's a root method, a custom recovery, and probably some other roms available. The other things it has to have are a downloadable stock rom, a way to flash it, a removable battery, and removable storage. I won't buy a phone that lacks any of that.
>>
>>57134177
I'm literally browsing this thread with CM on a redmi note 3 pro
>>
no. cm is outdated garbage. just use stock
>>
File: lolwhatafag.jpg (24KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
lolwhatafag.jpg
24KB, 400x250px
>>57129822
>buying GSM phone with proprietary radio that has full access to IO
AHAHAHA, who am I? A cuck?
I'm not, but you are!
>>
>>57134177
You're stupid.
>>
>>57129822
No. After my s5 dies I'm getting a note 4 unlocked with cyanogenmod 14, gonna be great
>>
>>57129822
i choose the phone then see if it has cyanogenmod
>>
is there a particular phone that gets CM update more often than others?
>>
>>57141122
No, it usually is the phones with the most popularity.
>>
>>57139517
Tracfones first Android offerings were released in 2012 and they were all CDMA through Verizon. In 2013 they introduced a Bring Your Own Phone plan that allowed select CDMA phones(I suppose ones that were from Verizon, but I recall that even having limitations).

Not until mid 2015 did they release an Android phone with GSM, and in july actually release sim cards for BYOP plan: http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2015/07/gsm-activation-kit-for-tracfone-byop.html

Maybe you could have always ripped your sim card out of a dumb phone and thrown it into a smart phone? I think you'd be lacking features if it worked at all. Or maybe I'm retarded; but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
>>
>>57130002
android is basically dead at this point.
CM is manjaro tier ROM, but it is the best one there is.
CM is fine if all you do is run free software, so that is what I elected to do and have a nexus phone on the side so I can still view my paychecks and stuff on an updated device.
>>
>>57141336
Fuck off apple shill
>>
Yes. I am posting from one now.

LG G4 LS991 is great stock, with nova and acdisplay. Only complaint I have is there's no root for the most recent MM update, so I can't block ads at the host level and I can't hide the status bar clock on my home screen without hiding the whole damn bar. Other than that, stock functions better than CM does (tested CM on the international version of the G4, and it's not as good. Especially losing the advanced manual camera functionality)
>>
>>57141336
You're basically retarded at this point.

Android has the largest market share and Apple just saw a hugely unprecedented amount of iPhones being returned. This is one of the best years for Android pretty much ever.
>>
>>57129822
MIUI
>>
>2016
>CyanogenMod

People still use this crap?
>>
>>57141624
What are you using in 2016, ye mighty memer? Please enlighten us.
>>
Cyanogen is DEAD
>in b4 "No it isn't, it's just pining for the fjords!"
>>
>>57142006
Build your own AOSP rom for your device, its the least botnet and not that hard. Or if you have an older device like a note 2 install replicant.
>>
>>57142055
How's AOSP less botnet than CM? How's CM a botnet at all? Did you check the sources, cause you know, they're available and you could also build CM all by yourself. Please elaborate.
>>
>>57142053
No it isn't.
http://review.cyanogenmod.org
>>
>>57129822
CM is alright, but I wish there were more custom ROMs out there. I'd kill for a Galaxy S3 ROM based on Android 7.x with overclocking support.
>>
>>57142114
CM has gone corporate and is now being
funded by Microsoft, which has implemented
large scale surveillance systems in the past
with telemetry. It is not far fetched to say that
CM has already snuck such a surveillance
system into the source code or will in the
future for their own or Microsoft's special
interests.

Although Google has the ability to make a
large scale surveillance system in android
, the android source code has been thoroughly
audited for such systems being in place. Also
Google has no reason to put a backdoor into
their OS like Microsoft when Google is already
collecting lots of data through services such as
youtube and G+. Also Google would not want
to put a backdoor and have it be later found
and ruin Google's reputation since Android is
competing with Apple's iOS.
>>
>>57129822
No.
>>
>>57141336
>android is basically dead at this point.
Please tell us how the most used OS in the world is basically dead.
>>
Can I install AOSP on my S3, or am I stuck choosing between CM and an outdated version of TouchJizz?
>>
>>57142177
>CM has gone corporate and is now being
funded by Microsoft
Not CM, that's the late Cyanogen Inc.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/07/report-cyanogen-inc-to-layoff-20-of-workers-may-pivot-to-app-development/

>It is not far fetched to say that
CM has already snuck such a surveillance
system into the source code
Good, point it out, friend, the source code is available to check by you or by anyone smarter than you.

>Google yada-yada
Although it doesn't have any relevance in what you're trying to say, CM comes without any Google services by default.
>>
>>57142288
>Not CM, that's the late Cyanogen Inc.
Yeah but Cyanogen is linked to Cyanogen Mod
and has control over both projects.
>CM comes without any Google services by default.
So does a pure AOSP rom.
>>
>>57142280
Yes you can install AOSP on the S3. Just look under the Original Development section in XDA for a good AOSP rom. However, I suggest you build a AOSP rom yourself to make sure your rom wasn't bugged by someone. If you want to go full freetard and dont care about features I suggest you install Replicant OS.
>>
>>57130002
It's not about CM, any custom ROM will do. It's about the manufacturer letting you use your software.
>>
>>57142288
>>57142623
Also,
>Although it doesn't have any relevance in what you're trying to say,
What the second paragraph was proving was
that Googles AOSP is much more trustworthy
than Cyanogen Mod's ROMs.
>>
>>57142646
Thanks.
>>
>>57142696
No prob, I have nothing else to do as a NEET.
>>
>>57142623
>(You): CM is a botnet
>(Me): Proof?
>(You): Two convoluted replies spouting hearsay and unrelated things (>>57142177 >>57142623)

Since we're going circles here and you clearly lack comprehension and reading skills, let's keep it simple. Answer this question in as fewer words as possible: what's your argument proving that CM is a botnet?
>>
>>57142857
I'm not saying there's proof that CM is a
botnet, however I am suspicious of one
implemented in CM, and that's why I dont use
CM. But that's not my only argument against
CM, just my main one. CM has too many
preinstalled apps such as Apollo, and has too
many features which most people wont use,
making the rom bloated. By building your own
AOSP rom you have control over whats
installed on your phone and have a minimal,
secure rom.
>>
File: 484320954380954270.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
484320954380954270.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>57142006
> He uses CM unironically
>>
>>57131118
Are there any women at all
>>
>>57142962
>I'm not saying there's proof that CM is a botnet, however I am suspicious of one
Finally. That suspicion could very easily be proved in an open-source project isn't it? Yet no one (including you, according to this last post) came to this conclusion.

>too many preinstalled apps such as Apollo
Most people expect a functional OS out of the box. That includes a minimal media player. Apollo can be easily excluded from being installed or uninstalled at any later time. What are the other "many" apps that bother you? The camera app or the file manager, maybe?

>too many features which most people wont use, making the rom bloated
What features bother you? I guess you're talking about the extra settings that any power user loves and makes CM so special. Being customizable and exposing settings to the users can't be called bloat.
>>
>>57143293
>That suspicion could very easily be proved in an open-source project isn't it?
CM isn't fully open source, and has alot of proprietary components outside of drivers made by CM. While AOSP is 100% open source, its just the hardware drivers from manufacturers which have proprietary blobs.
>Most people expect a functional OS out of the box. That includes a minimal media player. Apollo can be easily excluded from being installed or uninstalled at any later time. What are the other "many" apps that bother you? The camera app or the file manager, maybe?
But why include those features when you can just include F-Droid and have people install their preferred applications.
>What features bother you?
I can't remember because the last time I used Cyanogen was in 2013 on my note 2, but I know that my AOSP rom that I have built for my OnePlus 2 has all the features most people need. Name one feature cyanogen has over AOSP that is useful to the average person.
>>
>>57142962
>bloated
ahh, the magic word that, when uttered, allows me to safely ignore you from now
>>
>>57143435
>CM isn't fully open source, and has alot of proprietary components outside of drivers made by CM.
What components in CM are proprietary?
>>
File: BTFO.jpg (17KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.jpg
17KB, 300x289px
>>57143466
To bad you can't filter me because I'm not a tripfag and my IP changes every 6 hours because cable internet.
>tfw Can't stop me
>>
>>57143530
https://github.com/nvllsvm/freecyngn
>>
>>57141429
>>57141556
>>57142203

Anon is right
sure a lot of phones run android and this is never going to change. But the philosophy that is android is essentially dead. A large number of phones will never run a truly unified OS. Android will continue to be butchered further and further in the future. Fragmentation will continue to increase.
And soon between fragmentation, homebrew roms and vendor tweaking, we'll have phones running such vastly different versions we probably wont even be able to call them the same os anymore.
we'll soon end up back right where we were when every vendor had their own proprietary rom

then someone will step into that mess and claim everything. sadly it looks like that will be apple
>>
>>57142723
Say, since you're a NEET like myself, glue would I go about building my own AOSP ROM?
>>
>>57143435
>CM isn't fully open source, and has alot of proprietary components
Vague and untrue again.

>But why include those features when you can just include F-Droid and have people install their preferred applications.
As I said, most people expect a functional OS out of the box. Some of them don't even know they need a media player until they want to play a mp3. The answer is for convenience and helping the not-so-knowledgeable.

>Name one feature cyanogen has over AOSP that is useful to the average person.
Themes support.
>>
>>57143572
Google could fix all of this by adding a agreement in there license of Android saying that the manufacturer must provide updates for the device until it does not meet the minimum requirements of the next update. And create a central update server for all android phones.
>>
>>57143572
>anon who said "android is dead" is right
>sure a lot of phones run android and this is never going to change

son, are you retarded?
>>
>>57143614
>CM isn't fully open source, and has alot of proprietary components
>Vague and untrue again.
https://github.com/nvllsvm/freecyngn
>As I said, most people expect a functional OS out of the box. The answer is for convenience and helping the not-so-knowledgeable.
That's what the stock rom is for, the not-so-knowledgable. If you are able to root you phone and install a rom, you are able to install the tools you need yourself.
>Themes support.
Can be installed separately. And if you really need more features, you can install them modularly with xposed.
>>
>>57131118
>CM was never made by a company

Google: One Plus One Cyanogen

Enjoy the shit show
>>
>>57143621
google themselves won't even keep a phone updated past 2 years.

android suffers from device fragmentation as well as os fragmentation

with manufacturers pumping out a dozen newmodels every few months, they can barely figure out how to keep everything up to date.
this is why apple continues to keep their products up to date far into the foreseeable future.
as shitty as apple marketing and for all thier OS flaws they have always been very good to their consumer (at least from he consumer's perspective) and their business model allows them to do that.

just see how this entire thread is about buying something that you know you can expect support from. thats always going to be a leap of faith when buying most android devices
>>
>>57143659
did you even read the post? or do you just have burgerland levels of reading comprehension
>>
>>57143676
That's why we need more single device manufacturers like OnePlus.
>>
>>57141336
>android is basically dead at this point.

I wouldn't say that.

Android just split into two groups. This isn't like the old days. China themselves are in the mix now.

Now we have:
Google
LG
HTC
Moto
etc...

vs.

Blu
Xiaomi
ZTE
OnePlus
etc...

China is keeping android alive. The bullshit that people get sick of with larger companies is nearly if not completely avoided by using an offbrand phone.
>>
>>57143687
yep, i agree
i hope one plus continues to do well and doesnt even shit the bad

the big manufacturers should take a note from oppo and spin off divisions to manage their flagships alone.
>>
Cyanogenmod is good, anyone who says otherwise is just a memester who needs to get the fuck off my board!
>>
>>57143595
http://forums.androidcentral.com/incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/45907-how-build-your-own-completely-stock-aosp-rom.html
This is the guide I used, I recommend you install a ubuntu based distro in a VM for this because the build process is a little messy and it will be hard to clean up and remove all the build tools. Plus many of the guides show the build process on a ubuntu based distro.
>>
No.

I got a Sprint LG G4, and it never got CM, so I had to get a Samsung S5 so I can use CM (the G4 also started to get issues with the stock ROM).
>>
>>57143674
>freecyngn removes components which either contain or require proprietary components of Google
Those proprietary components come not from CM but from that Google that you trust more.

>If you are able to root you phone and install a rom, you are able to install the tools you need yourself.
CM was made with the intent to be easily used and installed by anyone. It even has an app that once installed in stock takes care of everything for you.

>Themes support.
>Can be installed separately.
Like many other things. You originally asked for "one feature cyanogen has over AOSP that is useful to the average person."
>>
>>57143756
I use Manjaro as my daily driver. Is it still worth making an Ubuntu VM?
>>
Seeing how CM makes my s2 run very smoothly in 2016, no I wouldn't buy a phone without CM support. Right now they are my savior.
>>
The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57143807
>CM was made with the intent to be easily used and installed by anyone.
Why would the average not-so-knowledgable person install cyanogen when they stock rom has everything they need
>You originally asked for "one feature cyanogen has over AOSP that is useful to the average person."
Your right, but what I forgot to add in my original argument is that extra features can always be installed though xposed if needed. Also I dont see how themes are useful when the stock android theme is already aesthetically pleasing.
>Those proprietary components come not from CM but from that Google that you trust more.
I'll get back to you with some more research, that was just what I found with a quick google search.
>>
>>57143833
Yes, because the guide is very confusing when doing in on an arch based distro since package names are very different.
>>
>>57143903
>Why would the average not-so-knowledgable person install cyanogen when they stock rom has everything they need
>I dont see how themes are useful when the stock android theme is already aesthetically pleasing.
That's, like, your opinion, man. Fact is that many people do/think otherwise.

>extra features can always be installed though xposed
Again: "like many other things". Again: "useful to the average person". Also convenience, out-of-the-box experience.
>>
Been running CM ever since I got my first Android, a Galaxy S3. It's pretty much the only dealbreaker for me at this point with how good phones are getting. Using a Oneplus 3 now and I'll probably keep using this for years.
>>
>>57143659
>did you even read the post?

oh i read it, but i didn't feel like getting into pointing out why the rest of the post is retarded, so i settled for pointing out that it has nothing to do with the posts it is replying to.

It really was a trainwreck
>>
CM was pretty good for a while. I used it for my old galaxy s3 and OpO (obviously). Nowadays the stability just isn't there. CM on the Op2 doesn't support the laser autofocus, the fingerprint reader, etc. and crashed every day or two
>>
>>57143676
Blackberry did this and they failed. Because the goal is to sell handsets frequently, not sell good handsets.

Because as fragmented as the OS is, it's still unified by apps that work on most(80%) of stock phones, and everyone and their grandma can get one and have a reasonable expectation that their apps work. Until that changes, android's massive slew of cheap phones will sell.

The problem isn't fragmentation, it's that companies don't give a fuck about a product once it's out the door.
>>
>>57144351
everything you've mentioned caused fragmentation
>>
>>57129822

Nope.

I use my devices for a long time (4yo+ sgs3 atm). Since it's connected to the internet I want my security patches.
>>
>>57144526
>sgs3
won't be long soon dev will abandon it, the only good cm support is nexus line up(galaxy nexus getting snapshot cm13 a month ago?) and oneplus.
>>
>>57139517
I'm pretty sure that Tracfone's plans are being considered separate from the Walmart-Tracfone stuff like StraightTalk, right?
StraightTalk has had GSM SIMs for years for their BYOP plan. Tracfone just started.

>>57137596
AT&T coverage is okay in most places. But if you live in the very rural USA, you're probably SOL.

Definitely figure out a way to actually verify the coverage at your house and frequented locations, before you invest in any phone and service plan or whatever.

And I mean find someone with an AT&T phone and have them walk around there with you and 'can you hear me now' type test. AT&T (and everyone else) lies about their coverage.
>>
>>57144526
should have bought an iPhone.
CM isn't secure:
https://copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta
>>
>>57144574
CM support for gnex is shit.
it was completely abandoned multiple times and has serious bugs.
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-6017
>>
>>57129822
CM is just a start. It's a prerequisite for a phone's purchase. I can only consider a phone to be worthy of purchasing if it has custom kernels for CM/AOSP. It means that people care and the phone is open. Because there are unofficial CM builds based on stock kernels(for closed down pieces of shit phones) , and oh boy do they such. CM by itself is pretty bare-bones settings-wise and has some bloat apps, but it's a solid base for other ROMs - CM derivatives tend to be less buggy than pure AOSP derivatives(though the latter ones can be a bit smoother but as of CM13 I see no difference). CM kinda fucked up with weather providers but it's not their fault.
>>
>>57144032
>That's, like, your opinion, man. Fact is that many people do/think otherwise.
Deflecting instead of a counter-arguement
>Again: "like many other things". Again: "useful to the average person". Also convenience, out-of-the-box experience.
Custom rom users don't care about convenience and out-of-the-box experience. If they did they would have stayed with the stock rom and not go through the hassle of installing a custom one.
>>
>>57144639
what are u talking about? my galaxy nexus have latest snapshot build cm13, yes it slow with gapps full installed use a pico/nano/micro instead, everything works beside screen getting burned and battery almost ded.

official cyanogen is here
https://www.cmxlog.com/13/maguro/

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=maguro
>>
>>57141303
I never said anything about Android, I was saying you could put a regular TracFone SIM in an Android phone. Android phones don't need special SIMs, dumbass.
>>
Wouldn't buy a phone with cm
>>
>>57144676
>"Opinions" The Post
Done arguing with you, I've got better things to do in my life.
>>
>>57142149

This just today, just for you:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/19/cyanogen_and_monopolies/

>Who killed Cyanogen?
So Cyanogen IS dead...

>Last week there was barely a murmur after Cyanogen Inc scaled back its ambitions. “Throwing in the towel” may be harsh – but the Android software company said it would henceforth be trying to interest phone makers in useful bits and bobs of code, rather than a platform alternative to Google, a customisable firmware.

>It’s all a far cry from 2013, when money poured into the venture, which set out to commercialise a hobbyist fork of Android that Steve Kondik had created out of boredom in 2008. If you recall, rumours swirled that Google had failed in a buyout bid, and that Microsoft wanted to invest (later denied). Cyanogen Inc was the hottest ticket in town. Three years on, the rationale behind that investment frenzy seems absurd.

>The logic behind investing in Cyanogen was a confidence that the firmware engineers could out-engineer Google and create a superior, richer code base that the world’s ODM’s would then flock to. But the flaw was the supposition that Google would cheer on this rival, in some noble Corinthian spirit of sport. The investment assumed Google would continue to release its best work as open source – to encourage fair play – and not migrate critical open code into its own proprietary binaries, which is how it actually responded. The VCs also assumed Google wouldn’t attempt to copy CyanogenMod’s best features and make them part of Android. And that Google wouldn’t try to leverage its market power and contracts to steer OEMs into the one true Android, which was Google’s. All would be fair play, and may the best Android win!

LOL!
>>
>>57143572
I disagree. Google is making an interesting move in which they're going to create one unified OS for all things. ChromeOS and Android are basically going to be merged together, which is something I can't wait to see. They're starting small right now. Android is adopting the ChromeOS update method. After the update to N, it'll be a seamless, painless process. It'll update in the background, apply the update, and tell you that the next time you reboot your device it'll be updated. No more restarting into download mode with Andy the Android and waiting for it to update, then reboot, then the "Android is optimizing app x out of x" box keeping you from using your device.

It updates, notifies you, you reboot and immediately enjoy the newest version.
>>
>>57144786
>I never said anything about Android
This thread is about Android, you cock gobbler. On top of which there are numerous postings pre-BYOP era of comments like this:

>Tracfone GSM phones always come with a sim. The sim serial number and the handset serial number are already tied together. [...] There is no mix and match with any other phones. It just gives a rejection message and you can't get past that first screen. The menu locks up.

>New, unused tracfone or Net10 sim cards are the same.
The sims will not work without the Tracfone or Net10 firmware present on the phone.

>You cannot swap active sim cards in Tracfone and Net10 phones like you can with other gsm carrier's phones. Tracfone and Net10 phones have proprietary firmware in the phones that will only recognize their sim cards. Also, their sim cards will not work in any phone that does not have their firmware in it.

It seems like you're talking out your ass. If swapping out tracfone SIMs was all it took, I'm pretty we'd all have been doing it. Inb4 "hurpdaderr werks on my machine."
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.