[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freelancing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: punchcomputer.jpg (134KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
punchcomputer.jpg
134KB, 425x282px
Any other freelancers here that make enough money to pay their bills? I'm about to give up and I'm starting to think all of the "successful profiles" on sites like Upwork/Elance and the likes are fake.

Finding work as a web development freelancer is virtually impossible. Everyone wants some Punjeet to do quality work at $2/hr. Sure, they're just going to slap Bootstrap on a site, load it up with WP plugins and call it a day but who cares right? They got it "done".

Craigslist is a literal joke. People are asking for $10-12 hour developers who also design websites that will also be their personal technical support for their clients. How the hell do people make it in this profession as a web developer? Upwork is a joke. People post jobs then never log in again. Elance lures people in with fake profiles of people making six figures a year hoping you'll buy some of their stupid credits.

If I had the money, I would move to where my friend lives where there's jobs a plenty for this field. He tried doing some side work freelancing and couldn't get a job to save his life if he had to. He's currently in a career field making 80k year as a programmer and has no idea what he's doing. He googles every project he's given.

TLDR - How the fuck do you get jobs as a freelance web developer?
>>
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/employment/elance.html
>>
>>57128434
you just dont.
>>
>>57128434
>web developer

Bruh, your "skills" are a dime a dozen. Everyone and their mom can do webdev. The amount of places that actually need webdev and can't just use squarespace are pretty small, and they usually want an in-house team.
>>
>>57128434
>>57130489
Also, are you on LinkedIn or anything like that?

Getting a starting client base is one of the hardest things to do as a freelancer. You need to get your name out there first. It would probably be easier to transition from full-time work to freelancing because you can make connections.
>>
>>57128434
What is your end-goal regarding your career?
Why did you choose to be a freelancer?
>>
>>57128434
Freelance programming is a dead end.
>>
>Finding work as a webdeveloper is virtually impossible.

You are oficially the most retarded person ive ever seen. Seriously the the fucking market is flooded with webdec everywhere.

The problem mostly lies in you are just complete trash since even a monkey can do webdev and you are prolly just a sad normie who thinks he can do anything special.
>>
i am actually doing it right now as we speak

>working for warehouse company
>in charge of maintaining their inv. dbms
>also in charge of setting up a hybrid bc/rfid scanning audit system
>all i do is browse g all day
>get paid 25 an hour
>complain to boss that they need to fix logistics before we can crack some eggs
>been here 2 months

pretty comfy i come to work sit down then get up draw on marker board, browse g. then go see local bdsm on backpage, then go home repeat.
>>
>>57128434
In my experience you have two options:
>Monetize your own work
Basically, horn your way in on a known quantity niche, build up something, pull in traffic, then hire someone to maintain it once you're making sufficient profit off it to cover costs and keep something for yourself. You can also sell the page to someone else if they think it has potential rather than milk it.

>Volunteer to Network
This is essentially the same principle as unpaid internships except the volunteer group won't hire you, someone who appreciates their work will. Basically you want to pitch in with a small-ish but useful volunteer endeavor and use that to show you have talent. Network through people you meet there or clients and donors to the organization. Eventually you'll have people notice your good work and you can add them to a list of people who can vouch or make connections between you and a potential contract.

Both of these things are financially risky, but that's what being in business for yourself is all about. If you don't want that risk, take a 9 to 5 job. I have been self-employed for nine years, mostly doing the first option. Some years are super-lean and my kids don't get anything that Christmas. Other years we're doing great and socking lots of money.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.