[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phones with stylus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: index.jpg (9KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 200x300px
Searching for a good phone with a stylus, I like to draw, doodle & work on pictures (montage etc).

What are the best options (is the samsung galaxy note serie good? besides the overheating one ofc :)
>>
There aren't many choices

Note 4 if you want mSD & RB
Note 5 if you don't
>>
This green battery indicator... style.
>>
>>57127163
What about Note 6? No stylus?
>>
>>57127304
wew la
>>
>>57127304
In case you weren't joking, there's no note 6. Note 7 is the (failed) successor to the Note 5.
>>
>>57127163
What is RB?
>>
Note 4 is a dope phone
>>
>>57127360
install gentoo
>>
>>57127360
Repleable battery?
>>
>>57127346
Why no 5th note??
>>
>>57127893
Learn2reed

There is no note 6, there IS a note 5 but it sucks. They skipped the note 6 to compete with iPhone (they don't wanna be releasing a "6" while Apple releases 7's... they also wanted it to be on par with their "S"line of phones. Even though the 6th note phone was released AFTER the s7 and s7 edge, people may think it was an older/inferior phone had they called it the "note 6" instead of the note 7. So to be clear, the note 7 is the 6th note phone they've made...

I've owned the note 4 and now own the note 7. I like to doodle on my phone as well, pic related. The note 4 is sort of outdated, their stylus doesn't work as well and the one on the note 7. It doesn't have as much pressure sensitivity but also is more clunky and not quote as comfortable as the note 7 s-pen. You could get the note 5 but that's gonna be a decision you have to decide for yourself, they have no removable battery or expandable memory. It will have better specs than the note 4 though. I can't comment on the note 4's doodling capacity as the s-pen that came with my second one didn't work, but I'm sure it can be done. Just realize that doodling on a phone really isn't as easy as you d think.
>>
>>57128114
The Note 7 is the 7th Note device they've outed.
>>
Hey, guys, what's a good phone to use if you want to draw stuff with a stylus?
>>
File: 1460264001494.jpg (2MB, 2160x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460264001494.jpg
2MB, 2160x1080px
>>57128114
thanks for the infos!

>>57128114
>Just realize that doodling on a phone really isn't as easy as you d think.

yeah i know, i used "Colors!" on Nintendo ds and 3ds XL, it's a bit similar i guess, i also bought it on the play store, but drawing with your finger or those cheap stylus was really terrible,

what soft do you use on your Note to draw? any other graphical app that works great with the S-pen?
>>
what about the LG Stylus 2? the price (new) is almost the same as a refurbished note 4. Did someone try it?
>>
>>57127304
The Note 6 runs Windows 9, not worth it.
>>
>>57128223
I use "sketchbook for galaxy" came with a free trial with my notes, not sure if that offer is still good with older note devices or not but even so the premium features are only like 5 bucks I think. It's a nice app and is optimized for note devices. There's a neat feature called "pen mode" which makes it so when you remove the s-pen the app will only let you make marks on the canvis with your s-pen. So you don't have to worry about making accidental marks from resting your hand on the screen and you can quickly pan/rotate/zoom/use color picker with your fingers and then get back to drawing with your s-pen. I used to use an app called picsart but I really don't think that was intended to be used with an s-pen, I was just using it because I was familiar with it. I used to finger paint on it long ago before I ever had a note device so it was familiar to me. It's more of a all in one photo editing app though so I still use it from time to time just not for drawing.

>drawing with your finger or those cheap stylus was really terrible,
If this was the case then I think you'll be happy with any note device you get. I used to finger paint on a tiny 4 inch screen android and I knew the note phones were far from a professional grade drawing device, but if I enjoyed finger painting on that shitty little android phone I knew I'd be happy with a note. Tbh I don't find the pressure sensitivity to be all that helpful while drawing, it makes certain things more convenient but nothing you can accomplish by manually adjusting brush sizes real quick in the menu. It's pretty hard to get nice even lines as well in one go so you'll probably be doing a lot of chicken scratching to get the correct shape for things. Point is if you're trying to decide between the note 4, note 5, note 7, don't let the pressure sensitivity be the decided factor as imo it doesn't make a huge difference. Either one will be a huge step up from using your finger a shitty chink stylus.
>>
>>57128582
So is note 4 better than note 7 or not?
>>
>>57128710
Lol hell no, wtf? The only thing the note 4 has above the 7 is the fact that the note 7 has an exploding issue and Samsung/android are likely gonna stop support for it so no more software updates. The note 7 is superior in every way to bote only the note 4 but every phone on the market currently. If your not worried about the exploding shit, definitely opt for the note 7. The note 4 vs the note 5 would be a better comparison.
>>
>>57128904
Not only the note 4*
>>
>>57127346
>note 6
>no stylus
>note 7
>no hand
>>
>>57128904
Know any phone that is good for doodling?
>>
File: 1a818gU.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1a818gU.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>57128710
Note 4 is the best phone if you want a phone:

- with a stylus
- that won't burn out
- where you can replace your microSD and battery
>>
>>57128966
thanks man
>>
File: M5Pm0bk.jpg (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
M5Pm0bk.jpg
61KB, 540x960px
>>57128954
Any note phone, the newer the better

>>57128966
Truth
>>
>serie
>touchwizz
>>
>>57126940
I've got the note 4, works well and I put a fatass battery in it. Only problem is I haven't rooted mine yet. I've been putting it off because I don't want Knox to break anything. Don't really care for warranty, I got this for $50 certified preowned because my carrier sees it as obsolete despite it being the exact phone I wanted after Note 2.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Im just concerned because I know with certain phones, a tripped Knox breaks certain hardware features. Android Pay is an example, I've heard tripping Knox on this phone breaks it. I don't use it, but I'd like to have the option at least. And on my friend's Japanese Note 3 with Docomo (he is stationed there), tripping Knox completely broke his NFC in general. Anyone care to chime in?

Pic not related
>>
>>57128904
Too bad it's basically impossible to buy a Note 7 at this point
Even if it was, it's illegal to take them on planes, and it's been gimped by software
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.