[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kobo glo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20161018_124411.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_124411.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It is frozen on the cover. I tried powering It Off, resetting and factory reset but nothing change. I know looks like broken screen but I don't think it is because
1 I didn't drop it or anything, it worked in the morning and 2 hours later it was like this.
2 I will try to explain as best as I can. It has a switch, one pull it goes to sleep, one pull wakes it up.
Ordinarily backlight should not work while on sleep but now eat it either works or it does not go to sleep mode at all, I can't really tell since the screen is Frozen.
Assuming that I am right and it is not a broken screen, is there a way I can fix it myself?
>>
File: 20161018_121455.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_121455.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Bump
>>
>>57126690
Some e-readers have layers, so you can take the screen apart, but that's not wise if you don't know what you're doing, besides that's mostly for scratched surface.

I'm afraid you can't fix it yourself, and I don't know about Kobo, but Amazon just replaces faulty Kindles with new ones. Contact tech support at the store you bought it.
>>
>>57126820
I'm fucked then, seller on ebay won't replace it.
This is second reader that died on me. Never buying this shit again.
>>
>Gene Wolfe
Good taste OP.
I should point out that I still have a Kindle 4 from 6 years ago that's still working fine.
>>
>>57126871
That always stinks. Get a Kindle Paperwhite, it's the best reader price/quality wise. Amazon also has the best customer service, they'd replace your reader in a few days. I've been using mine since Oct 2014, works perfectly.
>>
>>57126690
Ah yes.

My fellow anon, I am afraid to tell you that you have throughly screwed up. I had the same reader as you have now and treated it like an uncivilized ape would do with a coconut. Some day the screen finally gave in and stopped working.

Let me save some precious hours of your time searching on MobileReads and so. As the fellow anon above has pointed out, an E-Ink display is made up of several layers; what you probably did was return to your former simian self and drop/crush the delicate screen. This is clearly evidenced by the fact that there is a slight variation in the tones around the Sleeping status box. When this happened to me, I hurried over and started disassembling and trying to repair the damage; it was all for naught.

What you will see when you open up the device is a mirror looking surface that appears to be cracked. There's no point in trying to repair it or sent it for a service at Kobo. Either way is too expensive. The only thing that you can do is, hadn't you backed them up, is take out the inner SD with all the books that you have and try to discipline yourself not to be a complete Homo Erectus around electronics.

After that. And only after that. You may buy another E-reader and treat it properly.
An E-reader is no different from a book. You must treat every book as you would with a delicate flower. It is far worse to be a person that defaces books with annotations and folded corners than any of the seven capital sins.

(I will give you something though. You have made a good choice with the brand that you have chosen. Personally I did just rebuy the same reader)
>>
>>57126905
I felt secondhand embarrassment reading this post.

Thanks a lot.
>>
>>57126882
>>57126897
Thanks guys
>>57126905
Did you even read my post?
Really dissapointed in kobo, it was my second reader, i knew how frail this things are and i treated it like a newborn babe, and it only lasted about 6 months.
>>
>>57127035
That's the point.
You stick newborn babies into blenders.
You never put books that you care for into bags.

And of course I did read your words, and may I ask. Did you read mine?

You have told us just now that You have had that device for 6 months now and suddenly it magically just broke down.

Do you think of this board as a place full mentally challenged people?

Do you really think a group of highly cognoscitive individuals will believe that a device pertaining to an ape like You magically breaks down?

Did you really had hopes that an EBay seller would refund you for something that clearly is your fault?

You really need to start treating your belongings with better care. After learning from my mistakes, I decided to rebuy the same Kobo.

I have been using it daily for 3 years and it has been the perfect experience for me. Works as intended.

Of course I haven't dropped it once nor squashed it between other things.

Please think before you post nonsensical words again my fellow simian predecessor
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.