[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xiaomi Mi Air

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: xiaomi.jpg (261KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi.jpg
261KB, 1440x960px
So, are these ultrabooks confirmed good investment of garage?
>>
Extremely good garage investment
>>
Is this a parody post or are there actual chinks here shilling now?
>>
>>57124922
Holy fuck, I just realized how much I fucked up. Yeah, one of those for garage would do well.

*or, garbage
>>
It's the best garage investment you'll ever make
>>
>>57124926
I hate it when someone assumes everyone on here is on /g/ that often to understand its memes and whats going on in terms of accpetable contrarian opinions, whats usual and what not. You might as well respond.
>>
I was actually wondering this myself.
Only found a couple reviews so far in English.
Granted, they're probably full to the fucking brim with spyware and other Chinese goodness.
>>
>>57124913
Locked bootloader. Garbage.
Then again, now that secureboot is fucked, you can install Linux on them with a bit of effort.
>>
>>57125038
And why exactly would I do that?
>>
>>57125058
>windows
>>
>>57125062
You don't seem to understand that outside of this board apperently Linux is unusable for any actual life activity that you would buy a new laptop for.
>>
I don't think people understand the point of these Macbook ripoffs. Specifically everything made Chinese.

The Chinese are trying to appeal to consumers right now, who are consumers? Upper class? No. Actual rich people buy whatever works. So Apple or Samsung. If they're rich and tech enthusiasts, they probably use Apple or Samsung as their main phone still.

Chinese manufacturers are trying to appeal to what's left of the Western middle class. Don't have enough for a Macbook? Want something that looks just as good, is probably made with the same parts by the same underpaid slave workers? Pay half as much and get a bunch of Chinese spyware.

I will admit, they're at least trying.
>>
>>57125112
True. But with all that being said, its a great looking 11-13 inch ultraportable with mad specs and good battery life.
For writing, media, college and light gaming is amazing. Simple as that.
>>
>>57124913
their phones are outright confirmed chinese botnet
no reason to think that this is different
>>
>>57125155
I am not a politician, just a semi-successful fiction author. What do I have to lose?
>>
>>57125175
being a VPN for chinese attack in the event of war
>>
i like this garage better, OP, it doesn't take up much space
>>
>>57125140
Yeah, I'm not saying it's bad.

It's definitely worth the price when compared to other stuff.
>>
I've owned the 13.3" model for a couple weeks now. Ask me anything.
>>
>>57125238
Linux?
>>
File: carlosMencia.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
carlosMencia.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>57124982
Hello Chang
>>
>>57125261
I run windows.
>>
>>57125238
you do realize your computer is literally a spy bot net right. Your computer is literally made by a chinese company that ships from china, they stick stuff into the computer before use. But im not saying break it now but dont buy 100 percent chinese products
>>
>>57125353
But is the BIOS unlocked etc?
Asking more, could you put together a flash drive real quick? Downloading Rufus and ubuntu would be all.
>>
>>57125090
Haha you don't seem to understand it's not
>>
>>57125006
>>57125112
>>57125155
>>57125220
I'll take seven Chinese malwares over one American malware thanks.
>>
>>57125454
false dichotomy
>>
>>57125375
Yes you can install linux on the laptop.
I had installed ubuntu on it before installing an english version of windows.

>>57125373
I can tell you don't use google services and wear a tinfoil hat. Get over it.
>>
>>57124913
Bargain for the price they sell it at China

Scam for the price the resellers ask for
>>
>>57125238
>>57124913
I'm just going to post my thoughts for OP's sake.

First of all, I run Windows on it. I did install Ubuntu for a short time whilst switching between Chinese Windows to English Windows. So yes, Linux capabilities are there. As far as I know it cannot be setup as a hackintosh.

Build quality, superb. Flawless high end macbook standard quality.

Design, perfect. Slim form factor, very small bezels around the screen. White backlight keyboard. Glossy screen.

Keyboard, once again hitting macbook standard. I type at 120wpm so a keyboard can be pretty important to me. The spacing is perfect. Great amount of feedback on the keys although they're low profile. The function keys at the top are so handy, I've never had a laptop with such functionality control within the keyboard. Combined with windows 10 keyboard shortcuts, you can do almost anything with the keyboard alone.

Trackpad, 10/10. Once again MBP have always set the highest bar for trackpads and this one certainly hits it. The big trackpad design allows lots of space to work with. Great multi touch functionality. Amazing feel to it.

Hardware, incredible for what you pay.
Something a lot of people overlook in the specs is the NVMe SSD capabilities. The one that it comes with are pretty standard with average read speeds of 1306.07MB/s and write speeds of 261.28 MB/s. These are still very fast speeds, however if you open the laptop yourself and install a Samsung 950 Pro; you will gain faster reads and quadruple your write speeds. So depending on your usage, this may be a worthwhile upgrade. However for myself it's overkill.
I don't need to go through all the specs, but DDR4 2133Mhz is new to the laptop scene. Very fast memory speeds there for 5-10% lower power consumption than DDR3.
Nvidia 940MX, for what light gaming I use it for (LoL), I hit 160 FPS on highest settings. Which is about what my overclocked 7950 gets these days
>>
>>57125387
linux cant run my CAD sorry
>>
>>57125705
How are the screen's viewing angles?
>>
>>57125705
The i5 processor handles all my usage, from full hd video editing to all my autodesk work.

Battery life, sufficient.
Personally I wish the laptop had a bigger battery. It can last up to 8 hours for me, on the lowest brightness with light usage. But I couldn't perform any proper work on it for more than 5-6 hours at a time. Which in my circumstances is not a problem. If I took it anywhere, I can expect the laptop to last.
Although I wouldn't want to compromise the slim design with a really big battery. It's just not worth it. I love carrying this thing to work, taking it to a friends place and having it just be so portable. I am entirely happy to compromise on battery life for the portability and design aspects.

>>57125728
Viewing angles are great, I've had no issue. Screen is of very high quality. The only thing that bothers me a little is the amount of reflection you can get from the glossy screen.
>>
most blatant locked bootloader shilling I've seen so far

kys OP

shilling shit? ok, no prob, do whatever idgaf
shilling locked bootloaders? infinite war.
>>
>>57125774
Overall I would recommend this laptop to absolutely anyone. There is no better purchase for the price out there. I work in a store that sells 30k worth of tech daily. We go through a lot of laptops, and whilst the warranties are great and everything. I would gladly compromise and buy chink for this particular device. There's just nothing better out there.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.