[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/ I realize this is not my personal support forum but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 2016-10-17 22h 48m 27s.png (3MB, 1810x911px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-17 22h 48m 27s.png
3MB, 1810x911px
Hello /g/

I realize this is not my personal support forum but I am desperate. I cannot get my Windows 7 machine to recongnize either the SteelSeries mouse or the Deathadder. I've installed and reinstalled the drivers for both mice twice for each one and rebooted dozens of times while trying all the different usb ports on my motherboard (asus maximus IV).

I have used the Razer Deathadder Black Edition for a few years and a few days ago it hit the dust. I was reluctant to upgrade because I've tried to upgrade to the Chrome a few months back but same thing, my windows pc did not recognize the mouse.

What's funny is that the really shitty mice are the only ones that my computer detects. The M$ mouse on the left side, yea it detects it with simple plug and play.

Please help /g/. If this thread is deleted, I can live with that too.
>>
File: 2016-10-17 22h 52m 21s.png (42KB, 673x727px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-17 22h 52m 21s.png
42KB, 673x727px
Also to note, both the SS and Razer light.
>>
>>57124003
light up*

also, bump
>>
File: wXPwallpaper.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wXPwallpaper.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>57124054
last bump
>>
>>57123995
5 bucks says youre either installing the wrong drivers or following the instructions wrong, rtfm
>>
>>57124367
You shouldn't need drivers for Windows to simply detect the mouse.
>>
>>57123995
I have a steel series rival 300 on Windows 7 working just fine.
>>
File: 0ksncPjH.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
0ksncPjH.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>57123995
Probably fucked USB ports. Never have I ever used an OS that requires mouse drivers. Every single Linux distro detects a mouse perfectly fine, so there's no doubt you've got a problem if you can't get it to work on windows.
I know Windows 7 didn't automatically download drivers when I used to use it, but mouse, keyboard, (some) sound devices always worked natively.
Try other USB ports, maybe alternate between front/back? Check if they're even functional, perhaps with a flash drive or just your keyboard. No other ideas.
>>
File: 98c.png (506KB, 583x604px) Image search: [Google]
98c.png
506KB, 583x604px
>>57125337
Also, forgot to mention, these gaymen mice break often as fuck. It's really likely they're just fucking broken.
>ex cs pro
Razer broke every two months, keyboards even more often, plus their mice malfunction speeds are horrible, 400dpi 1.5sens was fucking horrible. SS was more comfy, but never fucking lasted either. Shill out a couple bucks on a zowie (you'll have to check for the best one out atm) or (not sure which one anymore, haven't been paying attention) a Logitech Gxxx mouse. Both of these companies sponsor a lot of players nowadays, find some pro's streams and check for affiliate links or codes to get a discount if you want to save a bit on a product which works.
>>
>>57123995

Gayman mice are the worst.

I've had my Logitech MX510 for 10+ years. Tried switching to some Razer garbage and it broke after about 2 months and I went right back to the MX510, and haven't looked back since.

I wouldn't even say it's that much of an investment to just buy a good Logitech mouse, since you're going to pay more for some shitty Razer upfront, and then you're going to be replacing it once a year.

Bite the bullet and buy a mouse for functionality rather than how cool it looks.
>>
Why do you guys buy fucking Razer/steelseries/Logitech mouses? Just buy a fucking Zowie and call it a day
>>
>>57126492
Logitech mice is good too. Not in the same category as razshits at all.
>>
>>57125468
What region/team?
Zowie is trash and breaks just as often as razer, razer has bad switches and zowie has bad sensors.
>>
>>57126508
this
who tf has problems with logitech?
>>
>>57126508
Still have to install shitty drivers
>>57126608
Never heard of zowie with sensor problems. Mine never had any
>>
>>57126492
Steelseries and logitech are based.
>>
>>57124565
Yes you do, it's a USB mouse. Anything using USB needs drivers on Windows. OP also said he's using 7, which doesn't come with USB drives for anything so you have to manually install them.
>>
the middle mouse will have a broken scroll wheel within 1 year
>>
File: 99x.jpg (164KB, 480x294px) Image search: [Google]
99x.jpg
164KB, 480x294px
i'd like to take this opportunity to shill for my cheap knockoff gayming mouse, redragon perdition

it is substantially less expensive than the logitech/razer equivalents and works very well
>>
>>57127813
Anon, I hope you realize people use mice for different purposes. Sure it may be 100% fine for you if you're not using it for things that require extra precision and performance.
>>
>>57127813
>spending more than $10 on a mouse
Why do you retards fall for the "gaming" mouse memes? They're going to break in less than 5 years anyway, unlike the cheap ones.
>>
>>57127845
but the precision and performance of the mouse I posted is actually greater than or equal to the more established and expensive brands

>>57127846
the mouse i posted cost 35 bucks, i know it's not 10 but it has alot more features than a 10 dollar mouse

find me a 10 dollar mouse with those features and I'm on it

and even if it breaks in 5 years (already lasted 1) it costs fuckin 35 dollars
>>
>>57128020
Highly doubt the malfunction speed is anywhere near any of them.
>>
>>57127707
I have tried installing them, uninstalling, and installing again. Making sure I've deleted every last trace of the previous driver. Razer now uses Synapse, SS uses Engine 3.

If you know something else that can be used as a driver please share.
>>
>>57125337
Both mice work in the BIOS. They move, they click, etc. It's only when I boot into Windows that they don't work.

And just an FYI, I used to use Iobit Driver Booster to update all of my drivers. I tried it again last night when neither mouse was working thinking maybe it would update the appropriate usb or mouse driver, which it did, but mice still don't work.
>>
File: tumblr_ni5gfayVvv1r1cuzoo1_1280.png (1MB, 1254x1771px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni5gfayVvv1r1cuzoo1_1280.png
1MB, 1254x1771px
>>57128227
Have you considered upgrading to Windows 8.1 or 10? Yeah, okay here come the (you)s, /g/ hates windows, but come on, it's obvious you're trying to play games judging from the mice you own. Might as well get a windows version with better ram management and overall performance and be done with it. Play your vidya.
If you're one of those people running win7 sp1 with some deleted kb updates for "privacy concerns" you might as well start dual booting windows for games and Linux for "privacy", just like the rest of this board that's in your shoes.
>>
>>57128020
>features
>LEDs are a feature
It's just a pointless waste of money, you don't even need more than 2 buttons and the middle button for scrolling. Obviously side buttons can be useful but having over 3 of them seems pointless, might as well use a second, tiny keyboard then.
>so what if it breaks
A $5 mouse can last 7+ years, which means $60 and less power spent over 50 years. If yours lasts even 5 years (which is doubtful) that's $350 + power lost due to pointless LED glow. That's almost 6 times less money spent. You're wasting money on placebo/useless features like a consumerist sheep you obviously are. Even if you are a stupid consumerist, you should understand that this just leaves you with more money to spend on more useful stuff. I bet you have a gaming keyboard, motherboard and case.
>>
>>57127707
>using Windows 7,doesn't have drivers for anything USB.

thats bullshit. It handles HID devices plug&play basically. What you meant to say is win XP can't handle USB drivers automatically.
>>
Format and reinstall. Windows isn't worth troubleshooting so I don't. A clean install runs better so I rarely go over a year on a Winbox without nuking and paving. Offline updater handles the updates.

You can also do clean installs then make image-based backups for even faster reloads.
>>
>>57128399

the whole reason I bought this mouse was the extra buttons, i don't care about the lights but they do look cool

>If yours lasts even 5 years (which is doubtful) that's $350 + power lost due to pointless LED glow.

lol

> I bet you have a gaming keyboard, motherboard and case.

you couldn't be more wrong. I don't even have a gaming computer. I'm not even a "gamer" I play League of Legends with my friends.

story time:

I had the standard 10 dollar mouse you love so much. The ONLY time I plugged it in to my laptop was to play League, the rest of the time I just used the trackpad. Eventually the mouse cord got fucked up by the USB and stopped working. So I went to ebay. And I searched for "gaming mouse" because I wanted a mouse with extra button on the side for active items, considering the ONLY reason I was even buying a mouse was to play that game.

Then I found the cheapest one. Not only does it have the side buttons, and yeah I only use 1 or 2 at most, but it has a nice braided cable that isn't going to fuck up and break.

and it only cost 35 dollars. And I'm an adult with a full time job and no kids so I get to do shit like that. Also, that's probably what you spend on fast food in a week fatso
>>
>>57128194
Not sysnapse. Usb controller drivers. As in drivers for your usb ports. As the other anon said rtfm.
>>
>>57128631
>I'm an adult
>I play league of legends
>I use a gaming mouse
>I want 20 additional buttons on a mouse
>non-americans eat fast food
Retarded b8
>>
>>57129014

i actually wanted 6 extra buttons but the razer naga cost 3x more than the one i got

plenty of adults play video games buddy

so you're not american, maybe you misunderstand what 35 dollars is. It takes me roughly 2 hours to earn 35 dollars, it takes you and your family a week
>>
>>57128832
>Usb controller drivers
Iobit driver booster installed a good dozen USB drivers. I have downloaded and installed the ones from my motherboard site. I have downloaded samsung usb drivers for the android.

IDK what usb drivers you want me to download?
>>
>>57125468
>Razer broke every two months
I've been using ONLY the Deathadder model since 2007 and I will say that each mouse has lasted roughly one year before it started to have clicking/scrolling issues. My previous black edition, again, stopped working normally after about a year of solid use. It started double clicking and sometimes NOT clicking when I clicked. I had to open up the mouse and put a layer of tape over the tiny clicker buttons to get it to recognize when I clicked. Later the scroll wheel stopped working and I had to remove it entirely. LOL, etc etc etc...
>>
>>57129123
$17/h is less than average paycheck here unless you're doing manual labor, and even then the minimum is $10/h. Stay mad consumerist retard.
>>
>>57127846
If your mouse lasts 5 years, you don't belong on /g/
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.