[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 36

File: ahjwbkhbjawd.png (862KB, 1000x610px) Image search: [Google]
ahjwbkhbjawd.png
862KB, 1000x610px
Previously on: >>57108901

Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine using VirtualBox or other software made for this puporse for safety purposes.
1) Use the Live ISO (if your distribution of choice has one) to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything, that way, you can get to experience the GNU/Linux operating system without installing it.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS, this is recommended if you want to know more about the GNU/Linux operating system.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Meet the /fglt/ team:

IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net:6667/flt (6697 for SSL)
If you don't have an IRC client, you can use a web client:
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=flt
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/flt
WEB: http://fglt.nl/

* Resources:
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx, ixquick, startpage, whatever.)
$ man <insert command here>
https://wiki.archlinux.org (Most troubleshoots work on all distros.)
https://wiki.gentoo.org (Please see comment above.)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
https://www.gnu.org

Friends:
>>>/t/707928 - /t/'s GNU/Linux Games
>>>/t/713097 - /t/'s GNU/Linux Training Videos

Copypasta:
https://p.teknik.io/5cGhy
>>
>>57121239
first for slackware supremacy
>>
>>57121239
second for fedora
>>
Posted this just as the last thread closed

Need some help, very new to Linux/programming in general so bear with me.

Had Windows 7 running on my old HP G6 laptop. I had some security concerns (long story), and decided to break into Linux. Originally I downloaded the desktop installer for Lubuntu, figuring I'd go simple over something like Gentoo for my first experience, but apparently my computer hates me. Lubuntu and Ubuntu-Mate wouldn't install, would get stuck at their loading screens. Eventually I decided to do a complete system restore via BIOS, which reverted me back to Windows 7 with no updates. From here, I downloaded plain Ubuntu, which first failed in the same way as the previous installations, but then somehow unstuck and loaded the graphical installer. I got to the part where I would select which part of my drive to install the root system, but after this the installer crashed. I could boot to BIOS but if I let it load anything more I'd just end up with a black DOS style screen with a blinking underscore.

Used another computer to load Debian onto a CD. The installation took, although there is some strange compiling during bootup, something to the effect of denied permissions (I can look again). So here's the real problem.

There's no program to connect to wifi, or via an Ethernet cable. Any time I try to access the network config via the terminal I'm met with permission denied, and was met with this numerous times throughout my attempts to connect at various points. The only network tools I have access to are Network Monitor, permission denied for network interfaces via config too, using the root account. WTF is going on lol, is this just me being babbies first Linux?

BIOS virus or me being reeeeee?
>>
File: 1476141071152.jpg (44KB, 597x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476141071152.jpg
44KB, 597x450px
>>57121239
>no boobs
>>
5th for Install Gentoo
>>
File: Slackware.png (775KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Slackware.png
775KB, 2000x2000px
>>57121266
In the interest of making things more interesting, and because this is an *image* board, I think we should post more images when possible.
>>
File: 1453551894168.jpg (656KB, 2246x3370px) Image search: [Google]
1453551894168.jpg
656KB, 2246x3370px
>>57121284
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
For the retard in the previous thread, Linux doesn't mean "Linux is not UNIX". It's just Linux, it's not an acronym like GNU.
>>
>>57121266
Noice!
>>
A bit confused by this:
Use the command to change the file permissions of the lab4-file1.txt file to

Owner: rw, Group: r, Others: none

Include the command you used in your answer to this question, the command used to confirm the results, and the output of that command.
>>
>>57121353
chmod 640 lab4-file1.txt
>>
On my last installation of Ubuntu I encrypted the /home partition using Ubuntu's out of the box settings from the GUI installer. Now I'm reinstalling it. Is it desirable (or even possible) to encrypt the entire file system? Would that be just as easy for a newbie as encrypting /home? Would it adversely affect performance? Would it be harder to recover if the system breaks somehow?
>>
>>57121306

Meme complete, now help?
>>
>>57121317
Yes it does. According to linus himself you are wrong.
>>
>>57121389
Source?
>>
>>57121306
Memes aside, does he have a point? (I'm legitimately asking.)
>>
>>57121395
Google it you lazy shit. Its well known enough for you to have no excuse for not knowing it.
>>
can't get the webcam on my x220 working. running xubuntu. I have it enabled in bios. please help.
>>
>>57121418
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Linux#Naming

Linux is Linux, it's not an acronym.
>>
>>57121239
>old pasta
>no boobs
:(
>>
File: ree.png (98KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
ree.png
98KB, 828x828px
>>57121305
this. why do people not post images anymore? 90% of posts are only text
>>
How do I set X to use nouveau drives from cli? I accidently my nvidia drivers and cant start x now.
>>
>>57121418
>google
enjoy your botnet
>>57121453
because we have no thumbnails in our filepickers
>>
>>57121364
thanks
>>
>>57121462
>tfw actually don't posts images that often because gtk file picker
>>
>>57121477
No problem. I'm always there for you anon-kun.
>>
>>57121389
>>57121418
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2194919
>I know the name Linux is based on Linus Torvalds name, but I think that's a crappy explanation. So I've decided to rewrite history. In the best hacker tradition, Linux is now a recursive acronym for "Linux Is Not UniX" (the terminating "X" being in the tradition of *nixen ending with a "X"). I think that's a much better origin for the name, and the previous Linus-related reason should be dismissed as an urban myth.

I don't believe you. Find me the source where Linus agrees with you.
>>
>>57121441
You're fucking stupid man thats how it was originally. He changed it to be an acronym later. Are you even trying? This is common knowledge you could have litterally googled it you lazy fuck.
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Linux+Is+Not+Unix
>>
>>57121477
Now that I reread your question it's even better to run:
chmod -v 640 lab4-file1.txt
The -v option makes it output the changes made.
>>
>>57121490
>Im too lazy too google
Holly shit man.
>>
File: rmsfaces.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rmsfaces.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>57121284
1. I think it's weird that Ubuntu didn't install correctly. Perhaps your laptop has poor driver support or something.

2. When installing Debian, it's best to use the netinstall (which is <1GB and gives you a choice of Desktop Environment during installation).

3. You almost certainly need proprietary drivers, and Debian is 100% free software by default. In order to use nonfree firmware and have access to nonfree software, you want to use this "unofficial" ISO:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/8.6.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/

Check out these pages to learn more about Debian's free software stuff:
https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware
https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList
and why this is so:
https://www.debian.org/social_contract
(the nonfree repositories and netinstall are "unofficial" because they break this contract)

>>57121382
>>57121400
4. It is a meme, but it's true. GNU is the OS and Linux is the kernel. Android is a completely different OS with the same kernel. You should say GNU/Linux when referring to the whole OS to remove ambiguity and misconception.

>>57121462
>because we have no thumbnails in our filepickers
Funny because it's true.
>>
what's the gnome extension that will show all open windows in the top panel.
>>
Linux is Linux because some guy hosted the kernel for Linux. That guy simply called the directory "linux" hacker speak for "Linus'" "Linus stuffz". People downloaded it from there and so it got it's name.
>>
>>57121453
Too lazy. 4chan needs to allow uploading of images from urls.

>>57121462
this too
>>
>>57121494
>LINUX Linus Torvald's UNIX (flavor of UNIX for PCs)
>LINUX Linux Is Not Unix
>LINUX Linus's MINIX (MINIX was version UNIX which Linus Torvalds enhanced)

So is it all three you fucking retard? That's just what some dumbass like yourself wrote on thefreedictionary.com, are you going to post urban dictionary next?

Linux is Linux not LINUX, it's not an acronym. Also you said Linus himself said that Linux stands for "Linux is not UNIX" but that's not true because he never said that.

It's not common knowledge because it's not true. Fucking dumb ass.
>>
>>57121523
*for Linus
>>
>>57121462
>not giving google all your banal searches
>>
>>57121266
Slackware is a steaming hot piece of shit
>>
>>57121526
>Too lazy. 4chan needs to allow uploading of images from urls.
get 4chan X newfig
>>
File: screenshot_898_p8yqhL1.png (363KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_898_p8yqhL1.png
363KB, 1600x900px
>>57121516
The only one I know of is MMOD Panel, which has a suite of features: https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/898/mmod-panel/
>>
I want to try going through linux from scratch I'm curious if using a old laptop would make it harder at all.
>>
>>57121523
only correct answer
>>
>>57121535
>Its not true because I said
No, he litterally addressed this issue before. And yes Linux has had multiple meanings
>>
>>57121556
>saving cookies from 4chan
>>
>>57121504
I did google it and everything I saw disagreed with you. You're not right just because you can say "google it and you'll see that I'm right". You don't win by being lazy and confident.
>>
>>57121570
It would take longer to compile
>>
>>57121554
You're a perfect match for it then.
>>
>>57121590
learn2cookie
>>
>>57121564
thanks senpai. All I could remember was it was like taskbar but more options.
>>
>>57121600
Lying on the internet isnt going to help you anon. Especially when I posted proof already.
>>
>>57121584
>No, he litterally addressed this issue before.

False. Find me a single source of Linus himself saying that.
>>
>>57121507

Just confirmed, it's a BIOS virus, most likely a keylogger installed by some dickish family members who are rich enough to have their network security people put something on there. OPSEC is important gents, I will never leave a computer sitting around people I don't know/trust again.

Thanks for the speedy reply doe, this is most definitely a friendly Linux thread. Will return, with working Linux and plenty o shitposting.
>>
>>57121624
Im not going to waste my time arguing with a liar. Looking up the talks hes given at conventions it was during one of them Im not going to spoon feed you something that comes up in google.
>>
>>57121660
>Im not going to waste my time arguing with a liar.
So you are admitting you are wrong?

>Looking up the talks hes given at conventions it was during one of them Im not going to spoon feed you something that comes up in google.
It doesn't come up on Google because it's not true, stop lying.
>>
>>57121639
Pretty interenting. Didnt know a keylogger could cause those issues.
>>
>>57121674
>So you are admitting you are wrong?
Lying about what I said isn't going to help you. Proof has already been posted. It was your choice to ignore it. If you want more then you can looking up the talk your self. I'll give you a hint it was in the late 2000s.
>>
>>57121603
thats really not a problem for me thanks
>>
>>57121523
You're right its a reverse acronym.
>>
>>57121699
What? You really are dumb.

Linux is written Linux, not LINUX.
Linus himself writes it as Linux, the official site and foundation use Linux.
it's not an acronym.

It's also not true that Linus ever said it mean anything other than just "Linux".

It seems you've already realized you are wrong but just won't admit it because you haven't provided this proof that apparently is so easy to find on Google. If it so easy why haven't you provided it? Because it doesn't exist.
>>
It's obvious. Linus names Linux after himself. Everyone who claims something different is brain damaged.
>>
>>57121790
Never claimed it was written with it all capitalized. More lies arent foing to help you.
>>
File: that one image.png (957KB, 1440x787px) Image search: [Google]
that one image.png
957KB, 1440x787px
I need a window manager.
Something that's easy to use (no ratpoison)
>>
>>57121678

I'm unsure if it was purely a keylogger or something like a virtual machine that ran alongside BIOS at startup. I'm just surprised that the /su has permissions denied. Isn't that the point of the superuser/root, to have all permissions?
>>
>>57121878
it was actually his friend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Linux#Naming

>>57121889
Prove your claims.
>>
I really hope newfags don't read this. How could you ever trust a person teaching you something about a topic, who doesn't even know the orgin of the topic's name.
>>
>>57121790
He already posted proof. You just didnt want to accept it. Just like you didnt want to accept that that linux is a unix-like kernel. Which is probably why that old joke was brought out.
>>
File: t.png (62KB, 231x438px) Image search: [Google]
t.png
62KB, 231x438px
>>57121462
works for me.
>>
>>57121931
Plural nigger. This is singular.
>>
>>57121925
Post proof.
>>
>>57121941
>falling for 0/10 bait
>>
>>57121906
Babbies first wm: openbox
Babbies first tiling wm: i3
>>
What would this do in the directory?
ln -s Projects/closed closed-files
>>
Gentlemen. We need to fix the filepicker issue. It can't be so difficult right? I'm sure /g/ has some skilled hackers who fix this shit once for all, right, right?
>>
What is a nice minimal de and wm to run together? I love i3 keybindings and the space it saves, but I don't know if I'm ready for full i3. Plus the look is a little jarring
>>
>>57121991
nothing

man ln
>>
>>57122002
It was already "fixed", GNOME devs are just a bit slow in the head.
>>
>>57122002
whats there to fix?
>>
>>57122018
test
man ln
man ln
man ln
>>
>>57121977
I'm no babby. I liked i3 but I really want to be able to move windows to corners, and resize individual windows wile keeping them tiled.
>>
>>57122018
>>57122029
It actually stripped code tags...
>>
>>57122041
it's a featureâ„¢
>>57122030
IMHO bspwm is the best tiling wm, but not really for noobs, you could try awesomewm
>>
>>57121952
Are you stupid? You want proof that linux is a unix-like kernel?
>>
>>57122087
like unix != unix
>>
>>57122075
i could do bspwm, why is it so great?
Is it more gooder than something like 2bwm?
>>
>>57122087
What? Who's talking about that?

The other retard said that Linus himself has stated that Linux means "Linux is not UNIX", he has yet to post proof.
>>
>>57122106
Thats a long running joke. It was brought up in the last thread likely because of the other retard refusing to believe that linux is a unix-like os. The old joke came from a law suit and people on forums thinking that linux is unix.
>>
>>57122125
Kernel* not os
Im getting sick of typing on a phone.
>>
>>57121639
how in the holy hell did you get your bios infected? aren't them types of viruses extremely rare?
>>
>>57122125
Yeah I know, it's called a backronym (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backronym).

For example GNU actually stands for "GNU is not UNIX", it's its official name but that's not the case for Linux.
>>
>>57122181
Do you have trouble with reading comprehension? Go back and reread my post.
>>
I can't get my usb drive to mount. I get the device and partion from lsblk but whem I try to mount it it says thr device can't be found is fstab. I need to mount this usb drive so I can reinstall x.org from it.
>>
>>57122260
>Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?
Do you? I agreed with you, "Linux is not UNIX" is a joke acronym (called a backronym).
>>
File: 1455045332132.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1455045332132.png
51KB, 657x527px
I'm new to this whole Linux thing and there's something I'm not getting here

If every single distribution out there (Gentoo, Debian, etc) is a distribution based on the GNU/Linux core or whatever, then what's the real difference with all these different packages of the same program for all these different Linux distributions? If I go to a site and it doesn't have my distribution, do I just go to something else?
>>
>>57122319
packages don't matter, they are all the same thing with different snapshot dates. The real difference is pre installed software, and package manager.
>>
>>57122319
Distros like debian and ubuntu have distro specific code and versions of their included packages. On the other had slackware does include distro specific code and focuses on using stable versions of its packages.
>>
>>57122290
Anyone I just want my de to launch again.
>>
>>57122387
Slackware doesn't*
>>
>2 months since I was fired
>still no job
>every day it gets harder and harder
>I had such a good interview today but it won't mean shit because I misread the online test

God, I want to die
>>
So which Linux distro should I install if I want to rice my desktop as much as possible?
>>
>>57122473
Gentoo
>>
>>57122319
pretty much it entirely boils down to the package manager and also how the operating system does updates.

there's rolling release and fixed release. rolling release you get hte patches they day the come out more or less so youget all the unknown bugs and vulnerablities also (one user got in trouble from his ISP because an update bugged a config file and messed up his vpn proxy settings or something).

then fixed relase is where things are tested first by users and developers unitl they're deemed 'stable' before reasinghtem.
>>
>>57122319

Adding onto this >>57122387 anon's post
For example, Libreoffice includes a distro's logo in it's startup splash for certain distros

Gentoo has an option to disable branding like that, but it is enabled by default
>>
>>57122473
Gentoo for USE flags and maximum rice potential
Arch if you would rather have the AUR
>>
>>57122405
Just reinstall them.
>>
http://www.securitronlinux.com/bejiitaswrath/how-to-list-every-installed-package-with-the-apt-command-on-debian/
>>
>>57121239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhB3IKpfTuU
>>
>>57122175

Crazy super rich family that has network security specialists working for their business. We don't really get along (they're amoral). There's data supporting that it's been installed since Sept 3, 2011. They mot likely installed it while I was working (left my laptop upstairs while I worked downstairs).
>>
>>57122665
were they trying to steal your secretes or Something?

I mean jesus that's heinous and now I wonder when i type in password on public places who can get that camera footage, slow it down, and write down every key stroke. Essentially ever public hackable camera could act as a key logger. fuck them assholes man.
>>
>>57122715

Lol welcome to the Hell that is my reality. They're just Sociopaths/Psychopaths who want control over everything. Who knows, maybe they're lurkin' in this thread.
>>
I'm trying to use wget to download all images from a thread and it's not working.

This is what I'm using:
wget -r -A jpg,jpeg,gif,png >>>/c/2767436

I end up with a bunch of empty folders.
>>
bspwm is the Arch of window managers.

Users are pretentious and think they use "the best" without argument. lol openbox, i3, awesome thats for noobs
Requires no programming knowledge, but you can act 1337 using it
Requires sxhkd, so simple
>>
File: desktop.png (153KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
desktop.png
153KB, 1366x768px
>>57122842
It's really more about the user. The same aeshetic can be avhievd on any wm.
>>
Does anyone have the Numix-Square icon theme to share?
>>
>>57122842
I use it mainly because it has plain text configuration, most tiling WMs are really anal about configuration. It has good defaults and decent documentation and I also like the binary-tree window placement.
>>
Sorry about the lack of boobs. Started a new job today and missed my chance for last thread to die.
>>
>>57122833
how about http://www.techpaste.com/2011/08/bash-script-crawl-download-images-web-page/
>>
>>57122833
wget -nv -e robots=off -rHDi.4cdn.org -nc -nd -ERs.jpg,html <url>
>>
Hello /g/entoolmen, I'm a retarded potato and need some help, I'm trying to set up a private server to download some files from remote locations, I was going to use windows server because I got a pirate version from a few years ago, however the pc I'm going to use is probably not going to handle it that well, although, it's only going to be 10 or 15 people downloading those files. I tried Debian a few years ago and got me a server running for a few months, but I've been a wincuck for the majority of the last 12 years, which would be the best linux distro to try? I'll be using a core 2 duo cpu (not at the office, so I can't recall the full name), 4gb ddr2 ram, and 3 500gb hdd's, cause I had those laying around.
>>
>>57122880
>scrot
>not import
>>
File: SWaddict.gif (14KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
SWaddict.gif
14KB, 432x360px
I got the idea behind solving dependencies manually, but still, do packages contain a list of dependecies?
>>
>>57123156
got it
>>
Is there a distro without package manager which is also source based? That would be the ultimative autism.
>>
>>57123214
go look at some slack builds.
>>
>>57123210
>import
>not xwd
>>
>>57123236
LFS
>>
>>57123253
>taking screenshots
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-17_21-35-50.png (8KB, 396x100px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-17_21-35-50.png
8KB, 396x100px
>>57123279
>he doesn't take screenshots
>>
>>57123290
>showing the nsa your desktop
>>
>>57123306
I cover it with foil when i'm not using it. It's okay.
>>
>>57123237
thanks
>>
File: carrot-penguin.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
carrot-penguin.png
132KB, 500x500px
who else /eats carrots/ while linuxing?
>healthy
>not messy at all
>don't get crumbs on the keyboard
>easy clean up
>good for your eyes (specially since you stare at the monitor all day)
>can do a lot of fun things to make them exciting like cutting them into slices
>>
File: owen.jpg (67KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
owen.jpg
67KB, 500x253px
>>57123417
>carrots
>good for your eyes
It remindend me of this movie
>>
>>57121239
My Linux VMs are being really slow on VMWare. The host is W10.
>>
>>57123417
Add ">tastes like shit" to that list
>>
>>57123475
American spotted.
>>
File: american_terror.jpg (56KB, 499x569px) Image search: [Google]
american_terror.jpg
56KB, 499x569px
>>57123475
>>
>>57123491
>anyone that doesn't have a shit food taste is fat
>>
File: fat American spudo bear.png (127KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
fat American spudo bear.png
127KB, 1000x700px
>>57123519
>doesn't deny being American
>>
>>57123454
>The host is W10
Make GNU/Linux the host and W10 the guest. That will fix your issues.
>>
>>57123526
And genital mutilation.
>>
>>57123527
But senpai, muh games and muh visual studio.
>>
File: 1461715390166.png (234KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1461715390166.png
234KB, 1200x900px
>>57123519
>>
>>57123526
I'm not American. Still, carrots taste horrible.
>>
>>57123538
With a PCI passthrough you can have all of those.
>>
>>57122833
wget -H -A '.webm,.jpg,.jpeg,.gif,.png' -R 's.webm,s.jpg,s.jpeg,s.gif,s.png' -rc -nd -Di.4cdn.org -P ${1##*/} -erobots=off --no-clobber "$1"

I had that inside a bash script, so if you want to use it for yourself, replace "$1" with the full URL of the thread, and ${1##*/} with whatever you want the folder name to be (if you ran this like a bash script, that'd be the thread number)

Also, just making sure, did you actually put >>>/c/2767436 into the terminal? Or did you just decide that'd be easier than posting the link.
>>
>>57123507
I was actually going to reply with this image too, but I couldn't find it on Google images. Thanks for posting it.
>>
>>57123560
That CPU tho
>>
File: american spurdo.jpg (120KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
american spurdo.jpg
120KB, 853x543px
>>57123555
>I'm not American.

Lies.

>Still, carrots taste horrible.

Dip them in sugar you malnourished, obese fuck. We know you do that to all your other food.
>>
>>57123582
Raw carrots taste pretty good
>>
>>57123454
If you have pro try hyperv. virtualbox and vmware for w/e reason where being cunts on my system
>>
>>57123579
>not having a dual socket motherboard
stay pleb
>>
>>57123600
It's working fine now. It was being a piece of shit yesterday.
>>
Best Paint alternative?
>>
>>57123555
Notice how he says, "I'm not American" instead of "I'm from France/India/whatever." Full of shit.
>>
>>57123609
>not having a quad socket motherboard
Your poorfag is showing
>>
>>57123626
krita
>>
>>57123626
Paint.NET or GIMP
>>
>>57122106
"One day there will be many false quotations on the internet. " ~ Socrates
>>
>>57123681
Einstein said that, retard.
>>
>>57123208
plz, halp
>>
>>57123812
fuck off retard, use any distro you want.
>>
>>57123868
This is a friendly thread m8, apologize.
>>
>>57123561
4chans automatically replaces internal links newfag
>>
>>57123535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I
>>
>>57121239

All right guys i have this homework and i want to make it fast, but is the first time im doing it so i dont wanna fuck up.

>I have to make a VM of any distro of my choice
>No GUI only Init mode.
>I have to make a web page (easy stuff)
>Program apache with SSH Key Authentication
>No firewall

I know this is some easy shit but im a wincuck (i have a Gentoo VM tho)

Im leaning towards CentOS or Debian, nothing fancy the teacher itself told us to use the most simple distro since is about the SSH stuff mainly.

Should i do it on CentOS? or would it be better in another distro?
>>
>>57123923
use your gentoo vm
>>
>>57123923
centos should be fine. Go full meem and use the gentoo VM for a giggle.
>>
>>57123923
Void Linux
>>
>>57122899
Anyone? There isn't any free links on the internet.
>>
>>57124053
>using icons
>>
Is it safe to download the Manjaro ISO from sourceforge?
>>
>>57124351
I download some isos from there and it's safe, but why you don't download it from the oficial site?
>>
>>57124492
That's where manjaro.org/get-manjaro directed me. Is there a more official host?
>>
>>57123561
I had something very similar to this.
#!/bin/sh
wget --directory-prefix="${1##*/}" --https-only --span-hosts \
--no-directories --recursive --domains="i.4cdn.org" \
--regex-type pcre --accept-regex '.*\d{11,}\.(png|jpe?g|gif|webm)$' \
--reject-regex '.*boards.4chan.org.*' --no-clobber -e robots=off "$1"

I can't remember exactly why half the stuff is necessary, but I had to reject boards.4chan.org to avoid thumbnails.
>>
>>57124516
Tha'ts the official one, so it's safe
>>
I want to encrypt folders within my dropbox folder and have a way to decrypt them smoothly on both osx and linux

what should I use? gpg?
>>
My wireless driver won't work in Ubuntu when I have Secure Boot enabled. What are the security implications of this? What am I risking by disabling Secure Boot? Am I just as safe as long as no one has physical access to my computer?

Why do other distros not need Secure Boot disabled to use the driver? Would using one of those distros with SB enabled be more or less secure?
>>
>>57125317
I dont like that shit. For me it feels like secure boot is an invention of MS to keep their monopoly.

This is kinda related chieck it out and welcome to the paranoic club.:
https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/16/09/21/1516230/microsoft-signature-pc-requirements-now-blocks-linux-installation-reports?utm_source=rss1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed
>>
>>57121425
Is secure boot turned off?
>>
Hello gnu/linux friends,

i have problems connecting my windows work laptop to a linux machine (to access it's database).
It just says cable unplugged, when it's clearly plugged, the both machines are in the same subnet. Work laptop connects with my personal laptop with Win with the same cable and network settings. I think it might be problem with the linux... what can i check ?
>>
how do I install a script in vim?
I already added
"source filename.zip" in vimrc
>>
File: 1472073688448.jpg (100KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1472073688448.jpg
100KB, 1023x682px
Can someone please teach me basics about networking please. I have two questions really...

1) if I have wifi and ethernet, how does Linux pick the interface to use? Where are these settings kept? How do you change them?

2) Say I connect to VPN, tun0 for example, can I send only specific traffic through it and then send other traffic through ethernet, for example? How is that done?

Any pointers or just quick answers much appreciated!
>>
I have installed Debian 8 with Gnome 3.14. When i boot it after about 10-15 second it goes to sleep. How do i about to fix this or at least find what is the issue
>>
>>57126126

>1) if I have wifi and ethernet, how does Linux pick the interface to use? Where are these settings kept? How do you change them?
It doesn't pick it, you choose with userspace tools.

>>57126313

Check the logs. Can you wake it from sleep and use the computer? Then do
journalctl -b 0
which will list only information since your turned the computer on. Look at the timestamp around when it went to sleep.
>>
>tfw no friends or social contacts to do this in front of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMn3xk5mcY
>>
>>57124516
>>57124351

Check the provided hash or see if it's signed. Only by verifying those can you guarantee that it's "safe". No matter where you download it from.
>>
>>57126515
>It doesn't pick it, you choose with userspace tools.
Care to expand anon? I use NetworkManager. Is that what does it? How does it do it?
>>
>buntu 16
>system freezing all the fucking time
>install newer kernel
>freezing no more
>now any fullscreen video in a browser has less FPS than console video games
>read that disabling sna in favour of uxa should fix it, do that
>videos now smooth, system freezes gone
And now Gvim rendering has gone to shit so I had to revert back to sna.
VGA Compatible controller: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics (rev 09)

like what the fuck
>>
>>57126618

Do you mean on a lower level, as in how does NetworkManager work internetally? I don't know. Read the source for that.
If you mean really high-level, as in what the end user would do then it's easy. On the menu when you try to connect it gives you a choice of wired and wireless networks to choose from, obviously one will you use WLAN device and vice versa. If you mean which connection it will prioritize if you're connected to both, I don't know. But I noticed that it prefers the wired one (when I connect my laptop with a cable to get faster transfer speeds).
>>
>>57126772

>internetally
What, I meant internally*
>>
>>57126640

Try not using the Intel DDX driver (xf86-video-intel or however it's called in Ubuntu). Try uninstalling it, removing any Xorg conf files (or leaving them but specifying the modesetting driver).
Apparently some people have better luck without it. See this:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/x11/xserver-xorg-video-intel
>>
>>57126792
I'll give this a go tonight thanks
>>
/r/ good libre chess game
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (76KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
76KB, 480x480px
What's the best way to make a persistent Ubuntu 16.04 USB bootable drive?
Looking to do package updates and installs and make user accounts that remain across reboots. Don't need to update kernel and would like to still have the ability to install from the drive, hence why I don't want to just install Ubuntu to the USB.

Tried creating a liveUSB and creating another ext4 partition labeled "casper-rw". Set persistent flag in grub.cfg, but it fails and goes to the BusyBox/initramfs prompt every boot.
Booting the Try without installing option works fine though.
>>
>>57127009

You most likely want to use the Stockfish engine together with a program that can utilize it like GNOME Chess, PyChess or Scid.
>>
File: 1476715517.png (337KB, 749x419px) Image search: [Google]
1476715517.png
337KB, 749x419px
>tfw on 25GB monthly data cap but apt upgrade needs to download 2GB of stuff after only 2 weeks
Can't believe I fell for the debian unstable meme
>>
File: graph.gif (128KB, 1331x1332px) Image search: [Google]
graph.gif
128KB, 1331x1332px
>>57127840
I think your problem has more to do with it being a rolling release than a problem with Debian.

Any rolling release will download more data than a "stable" or "LTS" distro. More changes are occurring more frequently, and every change is more data for you to download.
>>
I'm using i3wm and i want to display the current song on the i3bar.

I added to /etc/i3status.conf

order += "current song"

current song {
audtool current-song
}

but I got Error: status_command process exited unexpectedly (exit 1)

What am I doing wrong?
>>
File: 1476717712651.jpg (68KB, 543x440px) Image search: [Google]
1476717712651.jpg
68KB, 543x440px
>>57127917
Oh I know.

I initially I wanted to stick with debian stable but some libs and packages were out of date, changing my source.list to unstable seemed to be the most convenient solution at the time.
>>
>>57125991
https://github.com/tpope/vim-pathogen
>>
File: 1.png (45KB, 328x578px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
45KB, 328x578px
xubuntu 16.10, why do I have two network indicators on my panel?
>>
I need to "stitch" together a few PDF files.
What do you use for this?
>>
>>57128282
glue
>>
>>57128299
>glue
https://github.com/jorgebastida/glue
>>
>>57128282

>take video of the screen with the documents open
>extract images from the video
>use OCR software on the images to get the text
>correct the few mistakes by hand
>use imagemagic on the image files to crop the parts which aren't text but images
>arrange the images and text and format it with latex
>export to new PDF

You could have found that out had you just Googled.
>>
>>57128282
pdfunite (likely already installed as it's part of poppler)
>>
>>57128371
Thanks I guess.
>>57128379
>pdfunite
Based anon, didn't even know I had it.
>>
>>57128371
might as well transcribe it by hand at that point.
>>
What is the current version of Chromium on Manjaro? Some updates appeared than they are gone without being applied.
>>
File: 1476683641340.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476683641340.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
How to make something similar to webm in linux?
>>
>>57127840
Debloat your system, remove your DE, install dwm.
>>
>>57129262
ffmpeg
>>
>>57129426
Ok.
How to do it?
>>
File: Skärmbild_2016-10-18_16-17-44.png (376KB, 1273x292px) Image search: [Google]
Skärmbild_2016-10-18_16-17-44.png
376KB, 1273x292px
Yup, that's exactly what I expected your average Fedora user to look like

>It just works
>>
>>57129483
It actually does just work though
>>
>>57129461
RTFM
>>
>>57129514
So does every other distro barring PEBKAC
>>
>>57129515
There is nothing on the fucking manual explain creating whatever this thing called.
I'm not talking about creating webm.

I'm talking about how to take multiple few seconds clips from a file and put it side by side.
>>
File: c201_chromebook.jpg (135KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
c201_chromebook.jpg
135KB, 770x433px
What luck will I have installing ubuntu on a C201 chromebook?
>>
>>57128976

>doesn't know how to use his package manager to find out a package's version in the repositories

Hint: figure out how to do that.
>>
>>57129483

>being rude and bullying people based on their looks
Kill yourself.
>>
>>57129552

It would be way easier to manually cut the clips and arrange them in KDEnlive.
However, with ffmpeg you can automate it once and then just run a simple command to achieve the same result in seconds (you'd have to input the margins for each clip though).
>>
>>57129800
>being rude and telling someone to kill himself
Get lost.
>>
>>57129788
The IRC was helpful at least.
>>
>>57129816

That was the joke...
>>
>>57129808
No problem for me.
Any idea how to do it?
>>
ThinkPad T420 or X220? p-pls respond?
>>
>>57129483
Actually Fedora users fall for the "serious business" distro meme. Using Fedora is an indicator of special snowflakeism, while having no idea. It's just like buying a programming font for $1000 and feeling superior. Fits even more for RHEL users. On top of all this, Fedora cripples itself with "freedom guidelines", which are complete useless, since proprietary drivers are allowed.

There's no reason for Fedora to exist. It doesn't fill any gap and if it would disappear nobody would miss it.
>>
>>57130058
it's purpose is RHEL beta-testing
>>
>>57129832
kys
>>
File: ZS4PxjN.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ZS4PxjN.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
How friendly this thread is?
I'm running manjaro, and after installing "manjaro-system" package.
After boot, it stuck with starting version 221
and a line about blocks.
>>
>>57130247
>manjaro
found your problem
>>
>>57130317
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>57129890

Do what, the KDEnlive way or ffmpeg?

ffmpeg shell script:
>input source video name
>input a start and end time, 9 times for each clip (has to be same length)
>crop each of the 9 clips and save them to your hard drive
>use ffmpeg filters (there must be something for that) to arrange the 9 clips that way
>done
>>
Does
systemctl restart dnsmasq[/code[
flush dns in the same manner as
ipconfig /flushdns
>>
>>57130317
Very friendly it seems.
>>
BSD is superior in nearly every way.
>>
>>57130317
kys dumb memer
>>
>>57130338

Check the service file for dnsmasq. See what it executes under ExecReload. See if that command somehow flushes the DNS.
>>
>>57130345
t. nobody ever
>>
any decent newsreader? which should one pick?

https://packages.debian.org/stable/news/
>>
>>57130402
None. If anything is important enough to be meme'd, /g/ will tell you.
>>
>>57130402
newsbeuter
>>
>>57129926
Do you want 14" or 12" screen?
>>
>>57130457
13"
>>
>>57130337
The ffmpeg
>input a start and end time, 9 times for each clip (has to be same length)
You can select multiple start times?
>use ffmpeg filters
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Create%20a%20mosaic%20out%20of%20several%20input%20videos

When you put it that way I'd have to manually create it.
>>
>>57130472
Dell xps 13
>>
>>57130457
14". so T420? hehe
>>
>>57130457
1336"
>>
Quick question, since I don't have time for distro hopping and just what to install the currently best distro, which is it?
>>
>>57130516
gentoo
>>
>>57130516
Debian Sid
>>
>>57130516
install arch + arch anywhere faggot
>>
How much space does minimal X11 server take, with the most basic window manager?
>>
File: tux-distros.png (576KB, 849x849px) Image search: [Google]
tux-distros.png
576KB, 849x849px
>>57130516
The best is really all user preference. Print this out and throw a dart at it.
>>
>>57130549
This website is 18+.
>>
>>57130481

>You can select multiple start times?
I don't know. If not, just run the cropping command 9 times.
>>
>>57130516

>thinks there's a "best" distribution
Once you have enough time to spare, kill yourself.
>>
>>57130589
>just run the cropping command 9 times.
No need.
the complex filter can crop.
>>
File: 1466513631311.gif (324KB, 401x353px) Image search: [Google]
1466513631311.gif
324KB, 401x353px
>>57130575
>all tuxes just have the logo
>except fedora tux, fedora tux makes serious business
>>
Is ElementaryOS any good or just a meme?
>>
>>57130650
What if you are the meme?
>>
>>57130650
It's good pantheon is good DE.
>>
>>57130650
every ubuntu based distro is a meme
>>
>>57130516
The one i am using
>>
What are the pros and cons of Manjaro in terms of stability and ease of use?
>>
I got a problem.
What's the best DE for Ubuntu? Personal views.
For me it's cinnamon.
Cinnamon gives pretty many bugs on Ubuntu though.

Also, any other distro you could suggest for me? Personal views again.
>>
>>57121564
Teach me how you did that desktop?
Also, I haven't done a lot of research, but is gnome available only as a DE on Ubuntu?
I have it installed that way right now.
And that too, the older version with the applications and places.
>>
>>57132096
Lubuntu or Xubuntu
>>
>>57132137

GNOME is available on every major distribution.

>>57132096

There is no "best DE for X distribution" nor is there a "best DE".
Stop being a retard and needed everything you use to be g approved and "the best".
>>
>>57132173
Just Ubuntu...
I know it sucks, I should've gotten xubuntu
>>
>>57132096

You're an idiot who doesn't even know what he wants from a distribution. A distribution has nothing to do with looks, other factors define a distribution. What you're doing is asking about desktop environments which are distribution agnostic.
>>
>>57130516
Install Void Linux
>>
>>57132185
Replace Cinnamon with XFCE then.
>>
>>57132225
Would there be any possible bugs?
>>
>>57132194
>What you're doing is asking about desktop environments
Obviously. That's what they said.

>distribution agnostic
I mean, not if cinnamon is buggy in Ubuntu.
>>
>>57132239
Yes
>>
>>57132096
Could you describe the bugs you're seeing? Because I was thinking about installing Ubuntu and cinnamon.
>>
>>57132275
Well, I got cinnamon totally because of its looks, but whenever you theme it, unity shows up at some time and replaces the wallpaper.

And don't get me started with title bar theming.
But one good thing I found was that you could move the title bar buttons from left to right, the customization level is high
>>
Been reading Linux Programming Interface and I have a new appreciation for Linux as a kernel. Such an elegant operating system. I now realize just how much stuff is piled up on top of Linux.

Linux ends with the init process; that's where userspace actually begins. I always wondered about this one.

And then there's glibc, which is essentially a collection of C functions that wrap actual Linux system calls. That's where the GNU/Linux meme comes from. What the hell? GNU's libc just copies some shit to some registers while Linux does all the work. Nobody ever said it had to be a C library, even.

I want to set up an environment with nothing except the Linux kernel and experiment with systems programming.
>>
File: cel.jpg (90KB, 615x403px) Image search: [Google]
cel.jpg
90KB, 615x403px
Hey,..

Can i run 16.04 LTS server on a s478 2.8ghz Celeron?

I have an old XP machine i want to repurpose as a home server.

thanks.
>>
File: larry.png (10KB, 282x265px) Image search: [Google]
larry.png
10KB, 282x265px
>>57132344
Try something like lfs, it takes time but all it is is the kernel and coreutils.

I installed it in a weekend and i learned a lot about how everything works together. I might even be willing to help..
>>
>>57132383
Different anon here. That sounds like a fun project. Would there be any downside to doing it in a virtual machine?
>>
>>57132344
>elegant operating system
deprecated actually, microkernel are the future, linus knew that, but still went the lazy way of building a monolithic kernel
>>
>>57130550
Bumping question
>>
>>57132452
Yeah, getting the bootloader to work in a vm might be tricky as well as loooooooooooong compile times, we're talking 10 minutes for each program, for example cat, or ls.

When I did lfs I just chrooted into an external hard drive and added an entry to my bootloader on my main machine.

>>57132470
Are you going to compile it yourself? The reason it's large is cause your os usually installs EVERTYHING you could possibly need. (xkill, synaptics, xinit, xdm, etc)
>>
>>57132344
>That's where the GNU/Linux meme comes from
No
>>
>>57132512
> Are you going to compile it yourself?
I'm setting packages for Slackware here and there but I don't actually know what packages are crucial.
>>
>>57132470
how minimal are we talking?
can it be any X11 server? or are we to assume X.Org?

here's a pretty small implementation
http://www.microwindows.org/
<64k footprint
>>
>>57132535
Well go look at the xorg doccumentation, you can always just install a few and get more if you need them. That being said, slackware does not need to go minimal. The FULL install takes up 2% of my 240 gig hard drive.
>>
>>57132383
Yeah. I really like the idea of creating my own Linux distribution. I wonder if I can automate it.

I'm not really interested in coreutils, though. The coolest part about learning Linux systems programming is seeing new possibilities. What if you implemented a high level programming language directly on top of Linux? You could make your own dream world...

In a way, C is what I described above. It has an abstract machine whose state is mapped to Linux system calls and the underlying processor instruction set. But there's nothing stopping any other language from filling that role...

What I really want to figure out now is how the graphics and human interface devices work in Linux, from a systems programming point of view. How do I get keyboard/mouse/touch/gamepad events straight out of the Linux kernel? Do I just open device files? Can I have hardware-accelerated graphics with OpenGL? How does that work?
>>
File: nigger.png (191KB, 486x601px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.png
191KB, 486x601px
>at work on windows computer
>wish i was home on linux computer
>>
>>57132454
I like microkernels too, but that doesn't make Linux any less elegant. The only thing I really hate is signals.
>>
>>57132558
>2%
>240 gig
Nig, I'm setting up a machine with a 1 gig hard drive.
>>57132547
uhhh halp
What's the difference between X11 and X.Org?
I'm not going to have this machine for remote administration, what can I drop?
>>
>>57132587
ssh faggot
>>
I fucked up trying to separate the pci-slot with my graphics card so I could game in a Windows VM. Now I'm trying to revert whatever I did.
Running arch, I followed both the Arch Wiki guide on pci passthrough as the installgentoo guide. Now I can't boot arch anymore on the graphics card (Since it's separated), only on the IGFX. And I don't know how to fix it, I seemingly undid all the configuration.

Anybody got any tips on how to find the problem? I don't wanna reinstall
>>
>>57132609
local intranet only
>>
>>57132574
You can automate it! lfs has doccumentation on how to make a VERY simple package manager. You could easily create a bash script for future installs and keep every machine up to date with the package manager.

I'm not really framilliar with how graphics, input devices, and other shit like that works because im stupid and lazy, so good luck.

>>57132605
Oh lordey. Why slackware then, and not something like funtoo or crux?
>>
>>57132587
>at work on linux computer
>wish I was home on linux computer
>>
>>57132633
>Why slackware then, and not something like funtoo or crux?
It was just the first distro I remembered as quick and stable. A-a-and it's not like I have any desire to fun with compiling ATM, I just need a system to set it up and work.
>>
>>57132587
>at work doing scene for bbc for poor white cuck 2
>gonna go home and edit on mac computer
>>
>>57132683
Ah okay that makes sense, good luck trying to get it small.

if all else fails just use slacko64, it's 64bit puppy linux based on slackware
>>
>>57132605
>What's the difference between X11 and X.Org?
X11 is the name of the protocol, an X11 server (like X.Org) is an implementation of the X11 protocol

X.Org is the de-facto full-featured real-display X11 server, on linux at least

there's also things like various vnc servers, xming (for windows), XQuartz (for Mac OS), etc, which all implement X11 as well
>>
File: Screenshot_20161018_153002.png (5KB, 537x50px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161018_153002.png
5KB, 537x50px
Woke up to firefox not launching. This is what I get when I launch it from the terminal.

I don't know what the problem is..
>>
>>57121400
Do anybody call homosex as darwin or Windows as nt?
>>
>>57132765
arch? downgrade gtk3 back to 3.20.9
>>
>>57132808
How do I do this? Just a side note, this happens to every gtk3 application.

Now I know why I should be reading the forums before upgrading.
>>
I'm looking at installing Arch. It's been a couple of years since I've done it. Is there any major difference or downside to using Antergos to install the base system, versus installing Arch myself?
>>
>>57132850
pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gtk3-3.20.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

if you don't have that in your cache, you'll need to build it yourself from here;
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/?h=packages/gtk3&id=593dbe0cc59a30b935d6a5fc9fd6473669abee84
>>
>>57132900
Antergos is buggy at best. Install it yourself, it takes about 30 minutes.
>>
>>57132905
God bless your soul. Thanks for helping out an arch kiddie like me.
>>
>>57132900
I never used Antergos, but they removed the "Beginners guide" because installing arch has become extremely easy
>>
>>57132300
What version number of cinnamon are you on? I wonder if 3.0 is buggy.
>>
->
-> >>57133207
->
>>
>install linux
>wifi doesnt work anymore
Any idea why ?
It's an intel 3160.
I'm getting more and more mad.
>>
>>57133383
I didn't bother checking, but see if yours is one of the cards that needs an 8812au driver, if it is, then Google how to install that, there's plenty of tutorials.
>>
>>57133383
First check and make sure your drivers are enabled. Then see if disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS fixes it (this is an issue in Ubuntu). Then google it like the other anon said.
>>
>>57132808

That won't work and might be the cause of his problems. The last time I tried to downgrade GTK3 to a version Firefox has not been compiled against, caused the very issues this >>57132765 guy is having.
He most likely did a partial upgrade or installed a package from the AUR which messed with GTK3 or Firefox.
>>
File: 571ec296af82c.jpg (101KB, 707x536px) Image search: [Google]
571ec296af82c.jpg
101KB, 707x536px
okay so on my debian system my wifi works great with any wifi network. However, I tried cracking a neighbors wifi and was able to acquire his password. All for education purposes, of course.

I am able to connect to his wifi, and my signal is fast, but the internet is unusable. Tried pinign 8.8.8.8 but I am not able to.

Can anyone tell me why a normal wifi works but not this one?
>>
>>57134791
check to see if you're getting assigned an ip address and what the dns configuration is, also see if you can access the router's admin panel
>>
>>57134842
I do have an IP address assigned, which is the weird part. I can sometimes painstakingly slow, which I think is the problem. It's just slow, even though it shows the connection is strong. Other networks are fine.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.