[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck You Intel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: latest[1].jpg (31KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
31KB, 300x225px
I've been searching for three days and two nights why every game from modern MMORPGs to old indie titles runs at the same low framerate on my pc. Turns out they run just fine in fullscreen windowed, so why not in proper fullscreen? The reason is more than a decade of stubborn retardation:

Intel HD Graphics vsync is shit. It is unmitigated, unapologetic, unusable shit, and you can't turn it off! You could before, but somewhere around 2002 Intel decided that "the ability to turn vsync on and off isn't needed in today's sofware", so what if it's needed even 14 years later!

Apparently the only way to run games properly at full screen would be to install ancient drivers with a still functional Intel HD Graphics Control Panel that had all the basic functionality of their competitors, but where are you going to find them from when Intel itself claims it doesn't store it's old drivers? Hell, I'd say they're lying about that because not even having a copy of their own old software would be retarded thing to do from any corporation, but in the light of what they already I'd consider that entirely expected from them!

It gets even dumber though: As people have complained about this for over dozen years, the response of Intel has been that it's their fault because laptops aren't for gaming. Right, so this 3D-ACCELERATOR CARD which would be perfectly fine for the games these people play, isn't for games, so they break the options needed to make it work. Fuck you Intel, fuck you so very much!
>>
>>57114338
>gaming
>laptop

Pick one.
>>
>>57114338
There is no 3D-ACCELERATOR CARD you dumb fuck.
>>
File: quake1[1].jpg (79KB, 640x480px)
quake1[1].jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>57114368

Gaming laptops are overpriced shit, but even regular laptops can play less-demanding games.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 460x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 460x489px
>>57114338
/G/ isn't your personal rant blog post
your fault for buying a laptop with only intel graphics for "gaming"
>>
>>57114338
wait are you complaining about the intel graphic chipset who don't support open gl 2.0 ?
>>
>>57114415

Right, 3D-accelerated card. Hope that typo didn't entirely confuse you about the point of the post.

>>57114428

I didn't buy it for gaming, but it would be a reasonable use for something that has all the hardware requirements for it. A machete isn't for cooking, but if it bent on contact with a loaf of bread it would be reasonable to be disappointed with it.
>>
Wtf u talking about?

I got a 2012 notebook with only integratad HD4000 and it can reach 200+ fps easily in low demand games on Full screen.
>>
>>57114475

I have Asus V3 112P. Again, not bought *for* gaming, but should be able to run some games if the vsync didn't shit on them.
>>
File: cover for ants.png (137KB, 256x370px) Image search: [Google]
cover for ants.png
137KB, 256x370px
>>57114338
You can still play every Adventure game ever.

AKA the best genre in gaming
>>
File: DSCN1380.jpg (552KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1380.jpg
552KB, 1600x1200px
>need glide wrapper so the horizon doesn't disappear in a 17-year old DX7 game

thanks intelbama
>>
>>57114338
Here is some Intel.....shit inside Pahjeet.
>>
>>57114815
This was the first computer game I ever played
>>
>>57114815
To be fair, you need a glide wrapper so Diablo 2 doesn't run like shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.