[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engineering project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20161010-WA0000.jpg (131KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161010-WA0000.jpg
131KB, 1200x1600px
Me and my flatmate have to do an engineering project (we study aerospace engineering). It doesn't need to have anything to do with planes, but we should be able to build it with autodesk inventor. We were thinking about boring stuff but didn't come up with any interesting non-electric mechanisms. Do you guys have any good ideas?
>>
>>57113567
Elaborate first: Is this merely mechanism design or will you also be prototyping/machining parts?

Why does the mechanism need to be "interesting"?

What is the learning goal - lighweight structures, CAE, something else?
>>
Design a jet engine that you can sell to the chinese
>>
make a plane with an odd amount of wings
>>
>>57113697
It's more about the designing part. The idea behind the project is to make us familiar with the program und thought process when creating a (new) mechanism. It does not have to be innovative or new though ( not even useful) but since we will be working on it for half a year, we would at least like it to be interesting / a bit challenging ( also for grades).
>>
1. Design a rocket that doesn't explode every 3 launches.
2. Sell it to Elon Musk for billions of dollars.
3. ???????
4. Profit.

I get 75% off of the deal for the idea, you get the rest.

Sounds good?
>>
>>57113773
>und
Design a train wheel axle that can support the weight of 5000 jews
>>
>>57113776
Bet no-one ever thought about this before. If I get a billion you can have 25%
>>
>>57113809
Kek, we're German. 80 years late though
>>
>>57113776
>not wanting to sell more than one rocket
are you a retarded?
>>
Make a crossbow that stores the energy in a flywheel instead of a bow.

Maybe to charge it, you can have a stirrup on the front that you put your foot in, then yank the crossbow up, kinda like a lawnmower rip-cord.
>>
>>57113854
You're selling the design of the rocket, not the whole fucking rocket.

You can design it easily at home using a desktop PC and test aerodynamics and shit through cloud computing. Then, sell it to Musk.

Actually building the rocket would require a fugton of infrastructure and money. Not affordable for a student.

So, who's retarded here? REKKKKKT
>>
>>57113921
The point of a flywheel is to slowly build up speed, not to rip it up all at once.
It'd be something you'd have to manually rotate up to speed using a lever or something
>>
>>57113921
Better than the train axis but I'm not sure my prof wants us to create any war equipment, I'm in kind of a cuck uni
>>
>>57113962
Just tell him it's to kill white males
>>
>>57113567

Hyperloop.

Then call a press conference, say "Elon Musk" a few times and wait for investers to shower your with QE money.
>>
File: IMG_20161017_150439.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161017_150439.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
Design a chair where you can switch from sitting to standing/leaning in the chair.

As they say sitting is the new smoking
>>
>>57114068
Hexical and conical gears, pretty fun to work with in 3d software
>>
Make some random gears. They look cool.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hikaruyoza/haguruma-guruguru?utm_term=.xplyoq9lb#.ol3bj2kRa
>>
>>57113727
Fucking lel. This.
>>
>>57113727
3rding this. Call it the topkek
>>
>>57113567
Not doing your homework, faggot.
>>
>>57113567
Make plasma weapons
>>
>>57113567
You know of the SR-71?
Modify it so the turbine engine can eject allowing higher flow rates to climb into the SCAM region.
Sure ejecting a huge expensive engine is questionably stupid as that part is needed for take off. But at top speed it is just extra weight and an air flow obstruction.

In short make faster plane regardless of functional costs.

>>57113727
add more wings
bonus point if is is asymmetrical with an odd number of them
>>
>>57115286
Why eject it, why not block it off? Is weight the concern, or just the drag?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.