[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fonts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Roboto.png (61KB, 868x715px) Image search: [Google]
Roboto.png
61KB, 868x715px
What fonts do you use, /g/? I realized that I've been a pleb and haven't went through my browser font settings since my last OS install, so I'm looking for some good options.
>>
Some of the ones I've been looking at so far:

-Helvetica Neue (not free or open source, but always a decent choice)
-Roboto
-Droid Sans
-Open Sans
-Ubuntu
-Fontin-Sans
>>
Using Ubuntu for browsers

werks fine here
>>
>>57112691
>What fonts do you use, /g/?
This question get asked a lot. Check the archive if you don't like the replies you get here.

https://rbt.asia/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=font&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
>>
Apparently Mozilla's open source font Fira is highly praised by typography nerds. I honestly didn't even know it existed.
>>
>>57112691
The only good answer is mathew carter's Charter.
>>
>>57113027
And Adobe has Source Sans and Source Code that are open source and supposedly pretty good.
>>
For Windows (10), is it a good idea to go with FreeType/mactype? I honestly can't tell if there's any reason to bother with them.
>>
>>57112691
That's an ugly R.
>>
>>57112691
Comic sans
>>
File: 1475273939420.png (838KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475273939420.png
838KB, 1600x900px
Comic sans. Unironically
Hab an old screenie
>>
Roboto
Noto (fallback)
Terminus (terminal)
>>
>>57112747
>-Droid Sans
>-Open Sans
These.
>>
>>57112691
Ubuntu fonts are pretty good. So are the Droid ones from Google. DejaVu fonts are okay. I also have to use MS core fonts for school. Calibri is actually pretty good looking for documents.
>>
Im not an autist so i use this
>>
OP here: still following. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll definitely be picking up most of them. I think I'm going to choose Fira Sans as my main font.
>>
>>57112691
I've been using adobe garamond pro on my ereader

Anyone have other font suggestions?

I tried googling for some good reading fonts, but all I get is spammy top 10 bullshit links google is fucking worthless these days
>>
>>57114551
Basically what you already see here.

A lot of what you like for heavy reading is personal preference, but I prefer Helvetica-esque fonts. So that or, if you're able to get what is mentioned in the thread, something like Fira Sans.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-17-16-24-15.png (151KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-17-16-24-15.png
151KB, 480x854px
>>57112691
Default Windows fonts, Segoe UI and Arial they are, I think. They look okay and I don't care enough about them to actually go through the pain and effort to change them throughout the entire system and all programs.

I use a tweaked Overlock on my phone. I just like it and all it took was replace one or two files in /system/fonts.
>>
File: site.png (680KB, 1210x680px) Image search: [Google]
site.png
680KB, 1210x680px
>>57112691
many sites look terrible with custom fonts. theres text over text and buttons are not where they should be or text is too big
>>
>>57115823
Most normie sites look even worse if you don't allow scripting or whatever it is they do to offload 40% of the page onto 33 different fucking websites.
>>
>>57115823
It's better to stick to defaults: put your preferred fonts in the settings to use when sites don't specify. You're better off doing the rest on a case by case basis with Stylish or something or else you'll end up with that clusterfuck. There aren't many times when I genuinely can't stand the font a site is using nowadays, anyways — people tend to stick to the same few things all over.
>>
>>57114179
>comic sans
>elementaryOS
>"Call with furry"
>skype
>windows 10 iso
>real name as username
>fucklong and useless hostname
oh lordy anon that's some finely crafted bait
>>
>>57116608
Wasn't b8 at the time. Ive changed a bit of stuff. arch theme and decent icons. Not to mention i dual boot windows 10 for my wife
>>
>>57116639
>dual boot windows 10
>for my wife
>forcing your wife to use proprietary software
>not giving her her own user under a proper GNU/Linux distribution
I'm calling the cops.
>>
>>57112691
terminus

for everything
>>
ITC Avant Garde
>>
San Francisco Regular
>>
>caring this much over the default fonts

consolas masterrace reporting in
>>
>>57112691
Ubuntu on my PC and phone.
>>
Arial, Arial Narrow, Courier New, Myriad Pro, IMPACT.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.