[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cbg/ - Chromebook general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: chromebook-logo.png (16KB, 736x172px) Image search: [Google]
chromebook-logo.png
16KB, 736x172px
What are you using /g/?
>>
used to have a toshiba chromebook, patched the firmware and replaced chrome os with arch. was a good little laptop for a while. but replaced it later on with a thinkpad. much more statisfied with it. you can still do a lot of professional office work on chrome os since overleaf.com exists.
>>
>>57111463
Does anyone have an HP Chromebook 13? How is it?
Thinking of getting one. It would be a nice little upgrade from the 11 (G1)
>>
CR-48
It's good for Pandora and notes.
>>
>>57112531
I heard they're still updating the CR-48, which is crazy if it's true. Is it true?
>>
>>57112547
All Chromebooks still receive the same updates.
One day it won't be able to handle new shit by any means, it's struggling enough as is, but it still works well enough with the newest release of ChromeOS
>>
>>57112560
Holy shit!
>>
>>57111713
>patched the firmware and replaced chrome os with arch

Is this something you can do with most/any Chromebooks, or only specific machines?
>>
Are there any brands which are better than others or worse than others?
>>
>>57114177
There's so few on the market (compared to windows machines) that it's hard to judge by brand yet
>>
>>57113821
Only specific models are supported. Afaik its one dude in his basement writing these.
>>
File: samsungchromebookpro_header.png (480KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
samsungchromebookpro_header.png
480KB, 1024x512px
>>57111463
Anyone else excited for the Samsung Chromebook Pro? Seems like I've finally found the perfect Chromebook for myself.

>>57114177
What are you exactly looking for.
>>
Acer CB14.

I use it for pathfinder character sheets.
>>
File: 1476718873293.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1476718873293.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
Why do you people even want chromebooks when you can just pick up some cheap chink tablet from aliexpress for equivalent performance and half the price and slap a bluetooth keyboard on it to get the complete laptop experience?
>>
Pixel 2013.

So comfy
>>
>>57115539
>Getting a chink tablet that you have to waste time debloating all the preinstalled garbage off of and being forced to use a crappy Blutooth keyboard that you have to keep charged.
>>
Dell chromebook for $200.

Lightweight
Able to boot into Ubuntu and Kali via crouton and switch back and forth on a wim.
Able to play counter strike on it.
Terminal is efficient.

If you invest 6 hours into it its well worth it for the price. Also the chrome OS isnt that bad for day to day surfing.
>>
File: 0oafY1R.png (455KB, 698x767px) Image search: [Google]
0oafY1R.png
455KB, 698x767px
Just bought an Asus C201. I finally switched to a chromebook because, after a few years of using desktop linux, I was doing most of my programming on my digitalocean droplet with ubuntu server installed. My laptop gradually broke down, and when it came time to buy a new laptop, I realized that 99% of what I do is via the internet, either through a webpage or through an ssh terminal, so I decided "why would I need anything more than 4gb ram and a 16gb ssd?"

Definitely the most cost effective option for me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.