[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV as a monitor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: b&w tv.jpg (137KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
b&w tv.jpg
137KB, 1400x787px
Is anyone using a regular flat-screen LCD TV as a monitor? There's a guy I know who's selling a 32" Samsung TV for cheap because he's moving and I'm thinking about using it as a monitor. It has HDMI and VGA input.

I have no use for the TV since I don't watch it but how well does a TV work as a monitor?
>>
if you intend on using it for more competitive games fast paced games then the input lag will be a little much just for normal browsing and youtube it will be just fine
>>
I'm currently using a 32" Sony TV on my main rig, HDMI. I constantly play competitive games such as DotA and CS:GO, haven't had any problems and I play at a rather high MMR in both.
>>
>>57109839
i think it mainly just depends on the tv i have a friend that does that just fine but my old 21 inch flatscreen lagged like a bitch
>>
>>57109819
>>57109879
Another guy told me that TVs are limited to 30Hz. That true? I'm starting to think that it will be unsutable for anythign other than browsing.

>>57109839
How do you connect? With HDMI?
>>
>>57110037
some are but not most, just check the model first. I'm using a 2006 samsung as my main display and a normal monitor for gaming, because the input lag really is so great that I can't even aim at other people in FPS. I even went into the service menu to turn off postprocessing shit but it didn't make a difference.

TV will work fine, I would connect with HDMI, but it may not be suitable for games or precise work.
>>
>>57110037
Some go up to 120 or 240hz, but many of those only accept 60hz input and smear it. Be sure to read up on that, and if you can't turn off the smoothing at all with your particular model, don't buy. Mine accepts only 60 hz though.
>>
I have a desktop that I use a 32 TV as primary monitor and it's nice for playing League of Legends on a big screen, but actual computing is a drag and if I'm browsing the internet, typing or something I use the tiny monitor next to it

the TV is also way brighter than the monitor and pretty annoying to stare at, but I still can 'compute' with the big monitor. WIth the resolution topped up text is almost unreadable, it looks a little better at 1366 x 768 but that's baby tier and annoying in 2016

it's nowhere close to being optimal or good, but I guess technically it works
>>
>>57110037
>Another guy told me that TVs are limited to 30Hz. That true?
i've yet to see a tv that can only do 30Hz
any modern tv will do (at least) 60Hz, old PAL crt sets might only do 50Hz
>>
>>57110348
I think it has to do something with the limitation of <2.0 HDMI. HDMI2.0 is not that common.
>>
>>57110084
>because the input lag really is so great that I can't even aim at other people in FPS
fuck off
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.