[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

deezer-downloader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

Hey, /g/,

I found a tool on github to download Deezer songs in 320kbps and Im trying to find out wether the files are truly 320kbps or are they upscaled.

I have done a comparison between two songs, one which is downloaded from deezer using this script and the other one being a torrented 320rip.
I will post a few screenshots and if anyone is good in spectral analysis could take a look.

https://github.com/reversing-research/deezer-download/blob/master/deezer-download.py
>>
>>57102102
Fuck, wrong image.

Well, the left one here is the deezer downloaded, and the right one is from a torrent.
>>
>>57102132
Same here, left is deezer, the second one is torrent.
>>
>>57102102
>mpd+npcpp
master race
>>
Same stuff again.

Deezer one seems more like V0 or 192kbps
>>
>>57102153
ncmpcpp*
but yes, its a great combo
mpd is love
>>
I wouldn't be convinced that they're 320, but the difference doesn't look consciously noticeable t.bh
>>
>>57102629
Thats exactly why I have been asking. Its probably upscaled from 128kbps or something
>>
>>57102102
https://www.reddit.com/r/trap/comments/2bifbx/transcode_spectral_study_a_primer_on_spectral/

ignore the fact it's on reddit, this will answer all of your questions

but it's not like you can tell the diff between V0 and 320 anyways
>>
File: 1327280893169.jpg (26KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1327280893169.jpg
26KB, 384x288px
>>57102234
>bloated client/server architecture just to listen to music

Fucking linuxfags overcomplicating things
>>
filesizes should be similar if they are both 320, although these look closer to something like 256
>>
>>57102685
the state of non-retarded music playback software is seriously bad in linux

cmus is alright
deadbeef is barely developed, but it's the closest thing linux has to foobar
>>
>>57102685
Chances are its still much more lightweight than whichever music player you use on Windows.

>>57102704
I dont think filesize matters in this case, since they both take up 320kbps.
I think a transcoded 192kbps to a 320kbps will have about the same filesize a real 320kbps would have (of the same song)
>>
>>57102753
>Chances are its still much more lightweight than whichever music player you use on Windows.

tbqh as a linux user, we don't have anything that matches foobar in terms of ease of setup, use, and performance. i'm sure ncmpcpp only uses like 2mb of ram but foobar only uses 10mb and who gives a shit at that scale
>>
Are you people pretending there isn't a massive selection of media players on Linux right now?
>>
>>57102847
Foobar is definitely one of the best Windows music players.
However, mpd is a music server, and a really good one. I often find myself using MPDroid to change music on my pc (usually from my bed kek).
I have also tried the f2k remote, but it was just too unstable and buggy for me.
Also, ncmpcpp is a terminal based client so I ususally have it running in a tty so I dont clutter my X when doing something and so I can easily switch to it at any point.
Another advantage is the great tag editor and the fact that when you learn the keybinds its much faster to navigate through your music collection and play files than in a graphical interface.
Foobar, on the other hand, is much more extensible with its other plugins.

Basically, both have its advantages and if you dont care about having a server or running the client in a terminal, something like foobar is probably a better option for you.
>>
>>57102153
>>57102234
ncmpcpp is shit with spotify
>>
>>57103041
>cmus
>ncmpcpp
>deadbeef
>spotify
>vlc
>mpv

that's everything that's usable
>>
>>57103267
>banshee
>tomahawk
>clementine
>audacious
???
>>
>>57103062
>I often find myself using MPDroid to change music on my pc
How do I get MPDroid to work? I can connect to my http stream from another computer, but MPDroid keeps giving me ECONNREFUSED
>>
>>57103323
Did you set up the settings correctly such as the port and stuff?
Is the mpd server running?
And are only you trying to remote control it or stream the music on your phone?
>>
>>57103452
Yes to all of those
I'm streaming from my desktop, and like I've said, my Thinkpad can connect to the stream just fine, but MPDroid doesn't want to connect to it
My settings on MPDroid are:
Host: My desktop's IP address (192.168.0.14; not like it matters, but for the sake of disclosure)
Port: 6600
Streaming host: 192.168.0.14 (i.e. same as Host)
Streaming port: 8000
Streaming URL suffix: nothing
>>
>>57103495
Could you paste your mpd.conf?
>>
>>57102102
>https://github.com/reversing-research/deezer-download/blob/master/deezer-download.py
holy fuk thank you for showing me this, I remember copying the downloaded mp3s from the deezer cache on my phone to my pc, only to find out that they are all fugged ub by their "encryption".
>>
>>57103683
https://git.io/vPiMG
>>
>>57103683
>>57103833
Wait, I'm retarded, that's the config from my Thinkpad
https://git.io/vPiMl
>>
>>57103875
kek, I thought so
Your config seems fine tho
The stream is enabled, right?
Can you just check 192;168.0.14:8000 in your browser on your local network?
>>
>>57104017
Yeah, it gives me a download for the stream
>>
>>57104071
Did you try using vorbis as the encoder instead of lame
>>
>>57104071
Also, try getting to the stream from the browser on the phone you are trying to get MPDroid working on.
>>
Deezloader, DeezerDownloader3.1.jar and now this
>>
>>57104143
Strangely, steaming works on VLC, but not MPDroid
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.