[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/. What are the odds of getting caught pirating if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png (89KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png
89KB, 2000x1333px
Hey /g/. What are the odds of getting caught pirating if you're on IPT without a VPN? I am aware of several people who got fucked for downloading the leaked GoT episodes, but that's another story.
>>
>>57094220

Just don't do it. Not worth the risk.
>>
been using it for years without a vpn and haven't gotten a single letter, and i downloaded those GoT episodes right as they were released, but i hit and ran those because i knew it would be a complete shit storm.
>>
>>57094220
IPT? VPN?

ICUP LOL!
>>
>>57094271
Good call with the h&r because people got fucked up pretty bad.
>>57094252
But it seems that the odds are very low. I was curious about the reasons why it's not worth the risk. Before I started getting into private trackers, I received a couple of letters from the ISP but not much more. Now that I've been on private trackers for at least 2 years, I have not gotten a single letter to date.
>>
>>57094318
any time something leaks early i always hit and run them, seems to have worked so far
>>
>>57094220
I've been downloading FUCK tons of torrents everyday not one letter you're fine OP
>>
>>57094325
Yeah, plus you can zap and I have a great ratio so it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>57094334
Thanks for the info. Private trackers?
>>
>>57094318

Well, I personally don't think it's worth the risk, so I VPN up. I have an easier time to justify the cost though as I travel a lot for work & never use motel wi-fi without it.

99% of the time you may get away with it, but when the bastards do catch you and they're trying to make an example, they tend to fuck peoples lives up completely. Sledge hammer on an ant.

If I can avoid the courts, I always do. Rather just play it safe.
>>
>>57094399
Very good point. What VPN service do you use? Does it slow down the connection?
>>
>>57094455

I use IPVanish. Costs me $12/month and I can get 1MB/sec sometimes, depending on the torrent. Seeing as it was my first VPN service, I was surprised how fast it is. Found I can run only 2 torrents at a time without trouble though. Not sure if it's my DSL router shitting out with the overhead or if they cap how many ports you can have opened.

When you're picking one, just make sure you read their privacy policy & find out whether they maintain logs. I would never use any that have any connection records. Not even meta.
>>
>>57094546
Thanks man. I'll definitely be checking that out.
>>
Get PIA
>>
>>57094313
>ICUP LOL!
PEN15
>>
>>57094581
>PIA
has a 40$/year deal going on right now, just re upped LOL!
>>
>>57094660
That shit is good mayne, even includes a proxy.
>>
File: WITHPIA.png (455KB, 1769x738px) Image search: [Google]
WITHPIA.png
455KB, 1769x738px
>>57094674
I should note that one of their midwestern servers is inside chicago, so it's pretty much down the street
>>
>>57094762
You might as well have it running always, better than regular as far as latency.
>>
>>57094546
>paying that much for 10Mbit
>>
>>57094783
Netflix and other VOD refuse to work, as well as my online gayming, its also the middle of the night right now
>>
Firstly, stop using the term "pirating" for copyright infringement.
Secondly, it's not illegal to download such content. It's only illegal the moment you distribute it AKA uploading/seeding.
>>
>>57094799
>gaming thru a VPN
how fucking retarded are you
>>
>>57094799
Yea one of the reasons why I don't use my VPN all to often is because of this. Sites like G2A won't work, and 4chan won't let me post.
>>
>>57094793

I live in Australia you insensitive faggot.
>>
>>57094808
>Firstly, stop using the term "pirating" for copyright infringement.
*tips fedora*
>>
>>57094372
Not him but I pretty much only use public trackers and very rarely do I use a VPN.
Never gotten a single notice and I doubt I ever will.
>>
>>57094811
>You might as well have it running always
I stated some reasons i dont do such a thing, the question now is no longer how retarded I am, but how retarded are YOU?
>>
>>57094818
>and 4chan won't let me post.
have to join the k00l kids klub to do that
>>
>>57094824
*tips menorah*
>>
>>57094823
So?

>>57094372
most private trackers dont allow VPN/proxy
>>
>>57094843
Fuck chinese moot
>>
>>57094823
since u dont seem to want to answer and i want to go to bed, ill just tell you it doesnt fucking matter where you live. you're paying almost double what other VPN providers charge and you still get shit speeds.

and before you go "BUT AUSTRALIA IS EXPENSIVE" dont buy a fucking aussie VPN then you retard. literally every provider have colocation around the globe.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.