[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Y700-15isk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pimspecificpicture.jpg (90KB, 986x750px) Image search: [Google]
pimspecificpicture.jpg
90KB, 986x750px
Are these specs OK for a laptop?

8GB RAM
15.6 ''
1 TB HDD
I7-6700HQ 2.6 to 3.5
Graphics 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

$1000
>>
>>57093980
Not at $1000, no
>>
>>57093980
>HDD
>>
Are these specs OK for a laptop?

8GB RAM
15.6 ''
1 TB HDD
I7-6700HQ 2.6 to 3.5
Graphics 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

$1000>>57094065
Any alternatives?
>>
>>57093980

RAM = could be better
15.6 = pretty standard size so I guess ok.
1TB HDD = okay, would install a bigger HDD if it were me.
I7 6700HQ 2.6 to 3.5 = why so slow for what it is? get better
Graphics 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M = KEK KEK KEK, what shit

and 1000 bucks? yea, don't waste your time.

MSI Apaches are nice. start researching there Anon, and good luck
>>
>>57093980
just wait for the the updated model with 1060
>>
>>57093980
i've had bad experiences using Lenovo IdeaPads for gaming, my thermal paste wore out after about a year
>>
The 960m is shit tier,literal trash, and the ram is lacking for a 1000$ comp
>>
>>57093980
>no ssd
> the worst card of the last gen
Nah
>>
>>57093980
I would probably wait for the 1050 models to make there ways into laptops instead of getting the 960m, which is just a souped up 750 ti.
>>
why would you need more than basic specs from a laptop? They are meant to be portable so light weight and good battery life should be important. Maybe servicable parts if you are looking to use it a little longer (still have/use my laptop from 2009). If you want power, get a desktop/workstation. You'll be much happier.
>>
What do you want to do with it? Play video games? Then get a desktop. On the go computing? Get something with a dual core cpu and an SSD, throw out the gpu.

There is literally no reason to get this laptop.
>>
Holy hell that thing is ugly.
>>
I have it, it's not bad. But I'm from Eastern Europe where they don't fuck their customers in the ass with Windows 10, so I had the options to customize it a little bit.

I got a 250GB Samsung 850 Evo and no operating system (FreeDOS). Boots fast, excellent performance for what I need and I can play mid-tier games like Dota 2 or Dishonored on max settings at 60FPS. The display is pretty sexy.

The only reason I bought a 'gaymen' laptop is because I don't have a permanent home in the country I live in, moving around is stressful and I can't build a desktop in my dorm room. Integrated GPU's suck and lag even on movies.

You won't be able to play Doom and gaming at 60FPS sucks. 'Gaming laptop' is an oxymoron as other Anons pointed out, and you'll need an external cooler in the summer as it overheats when you play (you don't want your parts to die within 3 years).

Build quality isn't worse than any other consumerist shit from any brand, but it's hardly a Thinkpad (I have a X201, you can easily tell a corporate from a consumerist build). I plan to get at least 5 years out of it. It's relatively heavy and the battery is relatively weak compared to other other laptops.

It has poor Linux support (you'll need the proprietary drivers for the GTX960M and your subwoofer won't work on any distribution), so you'll need to at least dual boot Windows 8.1 to enjoy your experience. Windows 7 has no USB 3.0 support and the DVD reader is external (which goes through USB 3.0) so you won't be able to install that without jumping through lots of hoops and loops.

Even though I'd probably purchase it again for me, I wouldn't recommend it to you as you probably can't get the same deals I was offered. I'd say build a custom Sager/Clevo - it can have a dGPU without the stupid gaming branding, and you can save $100 on the shitty W10 licence. Then you can buy a $10 one from ebay for W8.1. Or try the laptop recommendations page from Logical Increments.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.