[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone use an external battery charger? I need one for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Does anyone use an external battery charger? I need one for a trip, are they worth it or am I better off taking the time to track down a wall outlet?
>>
>>57092169
I think a lot of them are tedious and don't work well. If you are getting one, make sure it has 2.1A charging. Also, you might want to get one with removable 18650 batteries because those have the best energy density (Panasonic made a 3400mAh version of it and it hasn't been beaten yet).
>>
>>57092169
I traveled overseas and was away from my hotel way longer than I thought. Glad I had one handy.
>>
when you realize how cumbersome they are, it doesnt really help to be carrying it around all the time unless the battery life on your phone is complete shit or you're going somewhere with no outlets for 3+ days
>>
Buy an Anker Powerbank. I usw them very often for my smartphone.
>>
ITT: itoddlers and onecuck users
>>
Anker 10k mAh ones make flights and train rides very bearable
You can pick up a Quickcharge 3.0 one for about $30
>>
>>57092278
well, I'll be in new york and will be walking all day and I just don't really want to have to stop somewhere for an hour or two and charge. I will have a backpack with me
>>
File: 611DiWx1RIL._SL1000_.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
611DiWx1RIL._SL1000_.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
I bought this one for my iPhone.
Built in lightning connector and they also make a different one microusb built in.

Not good for indawoods, but small enough to carry everyday.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Power-Pack-Slim-4000/dp/B00H89AOR0
I've used one of these for maybe 3 years now? still going strong, loving it. I carry it around in my pocket easily wherever i go

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0176HQ1O8/
I've used one of these for about a month and a half to 2 months now, keep it in my bag, also great (i call it a brick because it's fairly large) I easily get a couple full charges on my s7 edge using it (I've actually never dropped below 70% using it even after 2 1/2 full charges before recharging it)

ofc ymmv
>>
I have the Anker PowerCore+ 20100, I use it every single day, lasts several days before needing a recharge.
>>
I used one for my pokemon go needs. It roughly doubled my battery capacity.
>>
I have a brick. A 50,000 maH brick. I've charged it twice.
>>
>>57092458
now that's a rea brick, I've charged my (mini?) brick more often than i need to, generally after every second charge when it could easily pull much more (according to light indicator) going to stop charging it like mad just used to charging the 4A one every other day
>>
>>57092359
>https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Power-Pack-Slim-4000/dp/B00H89AOR0
I'm assuming these are compatible with any type of phone, how much does this charge the phone?
>>
>>57092169
yeah i have one

the 2.1A port charges faster than a regular outlet
>>
>>57092498
On a 3000mah battery, that should get you about 133% of your battery, factoring in the energy loss
>>
Just got this one, and I'm super impressed.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Qualcomm-PowerPort-Charger/dp/B016HNALOI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1476579914&sr=8-5&keywords=anker+powercore%2B

Here's the Quickcharge 3.0 version: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Capacity-PowerPort/dp/B01K6TA748/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476579928&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+powercore%2B+26800
>>
>>57092169
Only when I travel overseas do I walk around all day. That's when I need a power bank.
>>
>>57092498
yes, the Motorola has a built in micro usb cable but has a usb port as well which you can plug it in, it's 4A (multiply by .8 as a general rule for all power packs) and compare to your phone's battery
>>
>>57092527
Looks great but more than I wanna spend for just a few days of use. Looking more for the $20~ range
>>
>>57092532
and the aukey has 2 usb ports* to plug your cables in to charge, the built in cable on my Motorola power bank is definitely my favorite feature about it, makes it super portable

could've sworn i typed that in the original post, mind must've wandered
>>
>>57092549
Gotta spend them dough.
>>
Obviously it depends on your needs. And cheap shit ones are more hassle than they're worth usually.

But any time I'm willing to carry a USB cable and AC adapter with me, it means I've got a bag or something that can usually also include a little power bank. It's saved me when I've done something dumb like stayed up late reading on my phone, and not had enough time to recharge it in the morning. I've saved friends too.

Seeking out a power outlet you can use is a much bigger hassle.

And of course they're great for long trips and camping and such.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Portable-Power-Bank-000/dp/B00LRK8JDC

How does this cheapo amazon one look? One review mentioned it burnt off the plastic but it generally looks good. I like these thin looking ones
>>
>>57092527
I have the quickcharge version. Recommended.

>>57092549
I guess you could get AmazonBasics. I used to carry around their super mini one that could give my phone a half charge, just for emergencies basically. They don't seem to offer that anymore, but the little one worked fine for me, and they have a 5600mAh one for 20$, or 10,000 for 24$.
This one is 6000mAh for 24$, and has built in cables, which some people love: smile.amazon.com/dp/B01A6L85CC
>>
File: photo504522876640143852.jpg (72KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo504522876640143852.jpg
72KB, 720x1280px
>>57092169
nah I just use a decent phone
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.