[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LFS/BLFS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: LFS.jpg (20KB, 388x310px) Image search: [Google]
LFS.jpg
20KB, 388x310px
Why have you not yet created your own distro?
What are you, new?
>>
Yes.
>>
because i have more brain power than to fragment the linux community even more
>>
I would, since there is no distro at all that I like
But then I'd probably just come out with an underperforming solution. The problem with linux distributions are precisely that the developers can't keep track of all the intrincacies of slapping a userland on top of the kernel and then adding all sorts of other components, and so the complexity is precarious and breaks everywhere. I could hardly do any better
Plus, with the options available I'd end up with something much similar to almost every other distro minus the systemd
>>
>>57091268
on the other hand I *do* want to do it, but not really a linux distribution per se, but rather, a simplified userland with no glibc atop a standalone kernel. Something like FORTH or lua directly on the kernel
>>
>>57091176
It's just Gentoo without the things needed to make the OS

/g/ can do it but it would take as twice the time to make a good Gentoo OS just for you
>>
>>57091186
What a rebel
>>
Been there, done that. Here's a screenshot of it from four years ago. Bonus points for any of you that even know what WM that is.
>>
>>57093518
I'm pretty sure most people who have more than a fragment of linux knowledge know what wm that is
>>
>>57093567
You'd be surprised. I work with two sysadmins that make $80k/year (plus benefits) and they don't even know what X is. Also, what most people probably don't know is that WM is actually configurable and perfectly usable as a daily driver if you fuck with it enough. Not that I'd recommend that unless you're doing LFS. In which case, write a package manager too before you want to end yourself.
>>
>>57091176

cbf. Have work to do.
>>
>>57093518
What firefox theme is that?
>>
File: raptorjesus.jpg (25KB, 284x489px) Image search: [Google]
raptorjesus.jpg
25KB, 284x489px
I made my own a half year ago. Was pretty fun to do, except, making a package manager was a pain.
>>
>>57093518
Sadly I dont. But what wm is that. I like the minimal, no bells an whistles style.
>>
>>57091176
If you're sane, just use Bedrock.
>>
File: monkey_muchlove_icon.png (43KB, 163x158px) Image search: [Google]
monkey_muchlove_icon.png
43KB, 163x158px
>>57099150
Bedrock user here. It works well.

Still though, if I had more time, I would like to try lfs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.