[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible to hack a standard wifi connection atm ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 00601396-photo.jpg (68KB, 566x552px) Image search: [Google]
00601396-photo.jpg
68KB, 566x552px
When I was younger I heard that it was easy to crack a wifi spot with a wep key, is it still possible with the actual keys ? (wpa or something like that) ?
>>
>>57083932
If they're weak and you have a good GPU
>>
>>57083932
WEP is easy
WPA and WPA2 not so much, takes way longer to do
>>
>>57083932
WEP is piss easy.
WPA takes more research and planning for hacking, or a supercomputer for cracking.
>>
And I guess everybody use backtrack for do this kind of stuff ? Each time I search about crack a wifi, they all speak about it .
>>
>>57083932
WPA isn't two difficult.
WPA2 Enterprise, hasn't been cracked yet. 2 step using RADIUS is no fucking joke.
Better to log into their wifi using a guest network and try to shape packets in hopes of by-passing the trunking. If they have a shitty config, you might be able to open ports/get in.
Though, I wouldn't count on it.
Social-Engineering is still the best way to go.
>>
>>57084035
This, also check if they use WPS pin, pretty common here in Europe and won't take you more than 10mins to crack.
>>
File: 8325803285.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8325803285.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>57083932
It's very possible
>buy phone
>leave a note on their door
>"This is [ISP], unfortunately you were not home for our technicians. We've received complaints about someone's internet router broadcasting on the wrong radio frequency, which may lead to legal repercussions. Please call [phone number]"
>when they call you give them the option of people coming out to their house or just going through a few checks there
>they'll say they want to do the checks over the phone
>tell them to reset their router
>ask them to read the numbers on the back
>I'm in
>log in as admin and change password/router settings to what they want
>Thank you for your time

Pic related, it's me btw
>>
>>57084188
you're a very bad pepe
>>
>>57084188
>Using physical social engineering instead of just running SET to set up a fake login and just wait for someone to give you the password.
>>
>>57084188
thats not a bad plan
it screams autism but it might actually work if the target is normie-tier or below in technical literacy
>>
Someone knows how could I get the public IP of a modem by its SSID or MAC adress. Is it possible?
>>
So what's the easiest way to get into locked wifi on Android?
>>
>>57084320
no, idiot

>>57084327
type in the password
>>
>>57084320
the MAC address is tied to its public IP via the ISP, thats how they keep track on who gets what IP for both static and dynamic addresses.
the ISP probably has a list on that but cant help you much further than that because I don't know any more than this
>>
>>57083932
aircrack-ng
>>
>>57084320
Are you on the same network as the target?
If you are on the same network, it's the easiest thing in the world. If you are outside the network, that's a different beast.
>>
>>57084035
"Cracking" Enterprise (without 2 factor) is pretty easy anon, all you need is a radius server and a wpa supplicant to create a fake AP.

Their phone or themselfs then login to your fake AP and sends their password in NTLM format to the radius server which you then logs and cracks.
>>
>>57083932
WEP is shit-easy.
WPS is shit-easy (did it with a BananaPro in a day)
WPA/WPA2 is no joke.

Reaver is usually the way to go
>>
>>57084115
>10 mins to crack
Are you high? Even if it does do more than 1 pass a second, there are over 10K pins to try. You're lucky if you get it in 10 mins
t. got a pin in 3 hours on a good day
>>
>>57083932
WEP is easy.
>>
>>57084115
>>57085960
>WPS easy
depends on the router. Some are shitty. then it will not take long.
Updated ones will lock you out if you're retarded like you are.

>>57085984
the last digits are just a check for the first ones. Thats not the reason why it can take long.
>>
>>57084521
A lot of enterprise wifi uses certs to verify the identity of the server.
>>
>>57088356
It's 10000 AFTER you subtract the checksum digits. Otherwise it's much more.

As for WPS being easy, it does indeed depend on the router. The best one I've seen locked me out after 1 failed attempt and unlocked an hour later. That was fucking horrible
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.