[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GRAPHENE BATTERY LITERALLY WHEN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: note-7-fire-crushader-reddit.jpg (251KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
note-7-fire-crushader-reddit.jpg
251KB, 1600x900px
GRAPHENE BATTERY LITERALLY WHEN?
>>
>>57080706
They should take all the burnt Note 7s and put them in an art museum.
>>
>>57080706
>>
>>57080814
Why will it take so long?
>>
>>57080848

jews
>>
>>57080706
Graphene batteries can do everything except reach the god damned market.
>>
They exist already. There's a Chinese factory that is making then, albeit large ones. There's graphene enhanced batteries, though, which easily fit in phones.
Mainly production is what was stopping it but various companies are into phase 3 production factories which means large scale commercial production.

Bring on the golden age.
>>
>>57080706
When Robert Murray-Smith releases his graphene battery. Google his name and watch his YT videos. Guy is pretty smart and determined.
>>
When will we have some breakthrough in battery technology?
>>
>>57081919
OP here thanks senpai looks good
>>
>>57082187
I've been following the guy for years now. He's really great.
>>
>>57080706
There is no way to mass produce graphene yet. Until that problem is solved, it will never happen.
>>
>>57083219
>implying
>>
>>57083246
Then show me.
>>
>>57083270
Oh yeah, just a second, let me just pull industrial secrets from my ass
>>
>>57081919
Looked up his videos and apparently he isn't working on graphene batteries anymore. Seems like there was some shady business with Edison and he's not allowed to work on that technology.

He seems to be making good progress with hemp batteries though, and if that works it looks like it could be much better for mass production than graphene anyway.
>>
They already have something similar right now. About 1/3 the capacity but charges very quickly.
http://www.paperbatteryco.com/
>>
>>57080706
Apparently silicon will beat graphene to the market.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plugged-in/stanford-start-up-amprius-aims-to-mass-produce-high-energy-lithium-ion-batteries/

Also there is no "graphene battery", it's just one component, lithium isn't going anywhere.
You need an anode, cathode and electrolyte.
Usually graphene is used for coating the lithium layer on one of the electrodes.
>>
>>57080706
How did he take this picture if his phone is on fire? Lol, made u think (:
>>
>>57083727
Thanks for the insight bro
>>
>>57080706
>GRAPHENE BATTERY

but i thought they were not batteries , i though they were super capacitors?
>>
I rather hydrogen fuel cells replace batteries.
>>
Graphmeme LUL

>Leaving a lab near you in 40,000 Anno Domini
>>
I'd rather have miniature thorium reactors. They'd be so small you wouldn't even notice any radiation in a case of a meltdown.
>>
>>57084602
>no radiation
Well then that'd mean no energy, wouldn't it?
>>
>>57081307
If you are talking about Turnigy, there is no proof that they actually use graphene. It is almost certain that it's just a marketing name.
>>
Graphene supercapacitors when?
>>
Phones with nuclear fission reactor, when ?
>still cooler than a note 7
>>
>>57080706
Higher energy density = bigger and more spectacular fires

Enjoy your literal bombs
>>
>>57080706
>GRAPHENE BATTERY LITERALLY WHEN?
>>57081934
>When will we have some breakthrough in battery technology?

The fuck? The easy and obvious solution to this shit is bring back removable batteries and you people can't even fucking... JUST KILL YOURSELVES RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57088306
This, removable battery was the best.
>>
>>57080706
First off why would a graphene battery be better?

Also fun fact, the more energy dense batteries get, the more damage they will do when they explode.
>>57080848
Scaling new battery tech up from the lab is hard. It's one thing to make a tiny battery in the lab, it's another to make a million of them
>>
>>57088261
>>57084602
Never. Critical mass is too large to fit in your pocket. Neutrons emitted would fuck up the electronics and you
>>
>>57083527
what with Edisons fucking scientists?
>>
>Having 10 Farad super capacitor in your pocket
Gee that sure will be alright
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.