[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battery life thread, with a twist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Beat_This_Kids.png (239KB, 2901x2576px) Image search: [Google]
Beat_This_Kids.png
239KB, 2901x2576px
Ok, let's see what your hardware is capable of. Get a movie that matches your screen resolution so it's pixel for pixel - my Galaxy S7 Active has a native resolution of 2560x1440 so I grabbed a 1440p version of TimeScapes (awesome flick) h.264 encoded with a stereo AAC audio soundtrack.

Charge the battery to full, set the display brightness to ~50% and start playing the video in whatever video player you want set to loop that video again and again and don't mess with your device till it gets to 1% battery (you're allowed to check it from time to time, of course).

When you're done, post the screenshot of the power usage overall and then the SOT (screen on time).

See if you can beat this, you might, but I doubt it. Snapdragon 820, hardware decoding with MX Player Pro, 4000 mAh battery.

A few minutes shy of 15.5 hours of SOT.

Let's see what you can do, kids.
>>
You fucking idiot.
>15.5 hours

Yeah, people will totally do this shit.
>>
I'll post my results in 12 hours, after it the topic gets culled.

Lel.
>>
itt: some iphone users post, but the thread dies before anyone else finishes
>>
I still get 5hrs SOT on my htc one m8

That is with me being fickle about when I'm using wifi/cellular data, gps, screen brightness, etc
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-03-24-23-52-08.png (258KB, 1920x2008px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-24-23-52-08.png
258KB, 1920x2008px
I get a longer SoT if I just watch a continuous video. About 20-22 hours IIRC, but I'm not about to do this.
>>
>>57080762

So, what device is that exactly and how large is the external battery you're using?
>>
>>57080788
Note 3 with zerolemon 10k.
Forgot to mention.
>>
>>57080797

Yah, it had to be something like that to get that kind of overall runtime and SOT, not bad at all.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160316-141106.png (85KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160316-141106.png
85KB, 1440x2560px
S7e. Just average usage, not about to do a whole video play thing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.