[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android ROMs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

Are there any good roms besides Cyanogenmod?

I don't care about features and customization features, for me they just are unnecessary modifications and services that bug bloat my system. I'm looking for something fast with a small footprint close to AOSP. Currently I'm using official CM with ElementalX kernel.
>>
>>57078543
slimrom
>>
>>57078557
>slimrom
How is this ROM slim?

http://slimroms.net/index.php/slim-bean-features

Looks again like some rom that advertises to be close to AOSP but in reality adds a bunch of features that no one really needs.

>New dark theme
uhh, looks nice until it breaks the UI and probably looks like shit when using some non-standard app

>some additional control hub widget
Probably you can't even remove it

>Privacy guard
Just adds the features A6.0 already has on stock

Thanks anyway.
>>
MIUI is pretty smooth
>>
>>57078543
It's CM or bust m8. CM + Xposed will get you what you want most of the time without having to deal with bloated ROMs filled with shitty tweaks out the ass.
>>
>>57080888

trips have spoken the truth
>>
CM is shit though.
>>
what about Pure Nexus?
>>
Paranoid Android is good. It's a bit more polished than CM - but it doesn't (officially) support as much devices. You might see a port or something, but it will never be as good as the real thing.
>>
>>57078543
Look for CAF ROMs. It's basically AOSP with bug fixes.
>>
for my G3 would you recommend CM13 or forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-aosp-code-aurora-forum-t3400800
>>
>>57081378

shit forgot to comment..

for my G3 would you recommend CM13 or forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-aosp-code-aurora-forum-t3400800
>>
AOKP was better than Cyanogenmod, but you don't see it around much any more.
Inb4 faggoty pink unicorn jokes.
>>
I want to install a ROM to increase my performance, any lightweight ROM recommendation?
>>
>>57081401
Just try different ROMs and use the one that all of your hardware works best with. It varies from device to device and ROM to ROM.
>>
File: 1472037602659.png (240KB, 432x429px) Image search: [Google]
1472037602659.png
240KB, 432x429px
>>57081415
You can't go wrong with CM or AOSP.

What phone do you have, though?
>>
>>57081430

thanks anon
>>
Can somone explain to me what a ROM, is it like BIOS or is it the kernel or is it between the OS and the kernel?????
>>
>>57081447
think of a phone ROM as an OS
>>
>>57081447
It's an OS, combined with a kernel.

The "recovery" that you install the roms through is kinda like the BIOS.
>>
I've got a Moto G 1st gen, he's not laggy so I don't plan to buy another one
>>
>>57081415
See
>>57081378
>>
>>57081464
>>57081457
Got it, its everthing in one
>>
>>57081408
Personally, I would pick the CAF ROM and add features I want via Xposed.
>>
>>57078543
What phone after you using? You can usually find a stripped down AOSP ROM. Just AOSP with driver blobs and shit from the ROM your phone came with.
>>
>>57080473
He said close to AOSP, not proprietary iOS themed, ROM from China.
>>
>>57081409
Don't trust Kang builds. They're always compiled by some dude in his basement.
>>
Not OP..and sorry for barging in on your thread but how does this look, /g/? I've had bad experiences with AOSP roms before, so I tend to avoid them.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-l/orig-development/rom-android-source-project-t3357214

This one, sadly has some changes made to it (so it's not /pure/ AOSP), and it comes pre-rooted with SuperSU (!!!) for some reason.

To the OP; give AOSP a try, and play around with xposed so you can set it up to your liking. It's really barebones, but you can add most of the functionality you want with it. Oh, and use phh's superuser instead of SuperSU. I have no idea why are people ok with letting a closed-source app manage something which has to be as transparent as possible like root access.
>>
>>57081601
SuperSU is a dealbreaker. Chinese botnet. Just use Cyanogenmod?? Its very, very close to vanilla ASOP
>>
>>57081601
Why shouldn't it be rooted?
>>
>>57081638
I personally don't have problem with it being pre-rooted - since I am going to root anyway, but why SuperSU?

>>57081637
Yeah, that's what I'm running right now; the latest CM13 nightly, with no GAPPS and with Freecyngn.

Anyway, there are AOSP Nougat builds being made right now, maybe I'll try them out when they get stable enough for daily use - they don't have any changes like the MM "AOSP" rom has, and it doesn't come pre-rooted with anything.
>>
>>57081679
I'm on cm12 lollipop. You don't always have to have the latest iteration of android imo. I have 7.x on my nexus and I hardly notice a difference between cm12.
>>
>still no stable Nougat ROM for the Nexus 5

Goddammit
>>
I've been looking for a good stable rom for the note 3 for months now and haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
Installed Cyanogenmod 14 yesterday on my LG G4. I'm just amazed. I'd fucking recommend CM14.
>>
>>57081702
Yeah, I know, but the added security and the bugfixes are worth it for me.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161015-092901.png (149KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161015-092901.png
149KB, 1440x2560px
>>57081726
Forgot image.
>>
>>57081679
>not wanting chink botnet pre-installed
Do you have something to hide?
>>
>>57078543
Literally anything not based on Cyanogenmod. AOSP based roms have much better performance.
>>
>>57081755
No, that's just common sense. I'm okay with running proprietary software as it is, but that's my phone - I have it with me pretty much everywhere. The potential for abuse is too big. With root access to my phone, think about what the chink on the other side can do remotely. I'm cautious with granting proprietary applications root access, too.
>>
>>57081705
using one right now, doesn't seem to have any problems

yet
>>
>>57081797
Guy who complained about SuperSU a couple of posts here, I can attest. The UI feels so much more responsive and fluid, and so do the apps. Very nice, consistent framerate, too - I didn't notice any stutters like I did on CM.

I would've liked it if there was a better alternative to xposed, though, since it drains some of my battery life, even with no modules installed. It's not a ROM problem either; this has happened on various devices, on various ROMs (stock, AOSP, CM, etc.)
>>
>>57081813
Is it the one made my Poo in Loo? I'm too afraid to use anything made by Indians so I always look at their profile location.
>>
>>57081889
Pure Nexus

I do that too
>>
Just go straight to AOSP.
>>
I'm using a self compiled aosp 7.0 image and ElementalX kernel. Nexus 6
>>
>>57078543
I use Cataclysm for 6.0.1
>>
>>57083567
Didn't Cataclysm die like a year ago
>>
>>57081325
I can see where you're coming from if you mean using nightlies. Using snapshots is the way to go in my opinion. But, I guess it all depends on what device you're using.
>>
>tfw cm exists for a hardware-identical device to mine
>won't flash until it actually exists for mine
>it would work anyway
is this autism
>>
>>57084502
Just change a model checking string in the source code lmao.
>>
Currently on my nexus 5 with chroma rom.
>>
>>57084502
What device?
>>
Are there any custom ROMs for Lenovo s580?
>>
>>57078543
CopperheadOS, AOSPA, CAF
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.