[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Note 7 Situation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

If you bought the Galaxy Note 7 what is your next move?

The Note 7 is without a doubt the best phone out right now. In fact it's good enough for most of us to consider risking it catching fire in our pocket.

It's truly heartbreaking to have to get rid of it.
>>
The note 7 really smokes the competition
>>
Note 7 owners literally blown the fuck out
>>
>>57075222
>best phone out right now
>literally explodes
>can actually kill you
>globally recalled

The shilling is strong in this one.
>>
>>57075315
Says the obvious non note 7 owner
>>
>2017
>Amazon releases the Galaxy Note Fire
>>
Throw it in the bin before the feds find out you have an impromised explosive device.
>>
>even the FAA is getting in on the action

Will samshit ever recover?

>sent from my iPhome 6
>>
>>57075347
kek
>>
the best phone out there is shutdown. what are you guys getting to fill the void only a note 7 can. Idk what to get anymore.
>>
>>57075367
Samsung makes everything from skyscrapers, to 1000 foot cargo ships, to robots, to fit cross crops,and so on.

>implying they won't be fine even if they're phone division shut down
>>
>>57075554
>he thinks their other divisions won't feel the repercussions of systemic corporate greed, ignorance, and irresponsibility as the legitimacy of the entire brand is called into question
>implying
>>
>>57075315
>shilling
>for a phone that's been discontinued
>>
The awesome thing is that I got the gear fit 2 for free which I sold for $120. So its basically like they paid me $120 plus a $100 bill credit just for using their phone for two months.
>>
Was flying the other day. The announcement literally mentioned to turn off your note 7 and do not charge it. It's really pretty bad.
>>
>>57075222
If I had one I'd turn it off and store it, it's a collectable now!
>>
File: IMG_0010.jpg (213KB, 850x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0010.jpg
213KB, 850x1063px
>>57075249

Fpbp
>>
This whole Note 7 thing really burns me up.
>>
>>57075367
>iPhome 6
is that a chinese clone?
>>
Taking back all the times I called Note 7 owners poorfags.
>>
>>57075520
OP3
>>
>>57076581
this
>>
Are there any aftermarket batteries available for the note 7?
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>57075520
google pixel
>>
I'm gonna switch for the S7 Edge since it's basically the Noe 7 without the pen. Other than that, I'm considering the LG V20
>>
You complete moron. You're not endangering only yourself. Nobody cares about that. You can hurt other people with this shit
>>
>>57078747
>pixel
>anything but shit tier
wew lad
>>
>>57078793
and no HDR display.
>>
Insert charger. Open Google Chrome. Livestream own death. Profit.
>>
>>57078867
I honestly can't believe that people are walking around in 2016 carrying anything other than an iPhone. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
>>
So will there be a note 8 or did they kill off the entire "note" name because of this.
>>
Honestly considering the V20. It'll be an inferior phone, but it's the closest thing in terms of specs right now. It's unfortunate, the Note family has been excellent to me, including the 7. It sucks even more because there's no phones worth my time with pen input, either.
>>
I'm not exchanging it

they'll probably stop checking the phones in a while on airplanes and really the chances of it exploding are too small I mean there are a ton of stupid people. How can you guarantee they werent absolute morons when handling their phone?

Anyway, unless the surface phone runs full windows theres nothing in the market that interests me. I mean fuck, using the note to take notes on classes on onenote is god tier, whenever I dont have my surface around, I can still do homework.

Also assuming samsung doesnt gimp my phone, which hopefully they won't
>>
At least the Note could set the bomb. iphone would just not respond
>>
>people unironically buy phones with touchjizz
>>
>>57079617
>app is free on Google store
> look it up on apple store
>the same app costs $24 on AS

yeah, nah go eat cock faggot
>>
>>57080490
I JUST WANT A PHONE WITH A PEN REEEEEE
>>
>literally a s7e with a stylus pen
>literally a downgrade compared to s7e
>literally blows up

It's the worst phone this year besides iPhone 7 and pixel.
>>
>>57079676
Yep going with the V20 too for the same reason. At least I get to keep the free 256GB SD card. Also get to have those B&O headphones free when I get the V20 with T-Mobile.

I just hope it doesn't get bootloop issues or battery life problems like my G4.
>>
>>57080517
>app is free
With ads
With troyans
With botnet

Is the worst version
>>
>switch to fiancee's phone plan
>She end's up getting a new phone because there was a buy one get one so why not
>this shit happens
>now we're stuck buying two fucking phones because fuck samsung I don't want s7 or s7e
Might have to get an active because you can't even get a fucking note 5 anymore from them.
>>
>>57080616
not really, no
>>
File: 79dFoRjD.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
79dFoRjD.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>57075222
>>
/g/ is so delusional that a phone exploding still won't make them just buy a fucking iPhone like a sane person
>>
The s7 got a small update I guess, more options for the always on display, can put in your own picture in a little box now.
Dunno that it or anything else really compares to a note though.
>>
>>57080936
What about the Macbooks that caught fire?
>>
>>57075222
>The Note 7 is without a doubt the best phone out right now.
It's a fucking portable bomb.
>>
I was seriously hoping the Samsung engineers would find the issue and fix it. I was hoping to get a Note 7 after this all blew over.

I might get a Oneplus 3 instead.
>>
>>57080470
You deserve to have it blow off your testes fuckwad.
>>
>>56973708
>>
>next move

superior pixel phone
>>
>>57075222
Never charge the battery more than to 90%. This way it won't catch fire
>>
>>57075222
>being emotionally attached to a PHONE
>>
How badly do you think Samsung regrets not having replaceable battery right now?
>>
>>57076934
>>57076581
>best phone
>sub-par camera
Yeah no
>>
>>57075222
Its fatal flaw is not the battery, but the locked bootloader. The phone is basically obsolete before arrival.
>>
Quick question... Are there any upcoming phones worth the wait? Because right now there's nothing that comes even close to the specs, and those that do are hideous (V20 and its godawful display) or retarded (iPhone 7)

I might get an Xperia XA, it has regular specs but the design is the closest to a note and that Bravia layer really makes it nice even though ips...

>>57082330
>not being emotionally attached to a phone
Get a load of this fag.
>>
How many of those actually exploded?
30 out of tens of millions?
Fucking drama over nothing, you act like every single one is going to explode eventually even though it's not even 0.1%
>>
>>57082394
>tens of millions
the phone was barely out, the number is 2.5 million I believe
>>
>>57082394
>>57082404
Yeah I looked it up, 35 claimed to have exploded out of 2.5 million shipped phones.
That means only 0.001% exploded.
Or, on average, you have a 1 out of 100,000 chance that your phone is going to explode.
You guys act like everyone's phone is going to explode even though it's more like winning a lottery. You hear about it, but you'll never get it yourself.
And even if you do, you get to join some sick lawsuit.
>>
>>57082114
Power of atom in your pocket ;-].
>>
>>57082361
Is there any good cameras on the market, if none of them have phone function?
>>
>>57082430
More like a chance to get free vasectomy ;-].
>>
>>57082449
Non-sequitur. People use their phones as their main camera these days, so a good camera is an important component of a smartphone.
>>
>>57082430
>Or, on average, you have a 1 out of 100,000 chance that your phone is going to explode.
Trouble is, you don't know in advance which one is going to ignite. If one goes off in an overhead locker at 15,000 ft it doesn't matter if it's yours or someone elses; you're dead.
>>
>>57080523
LG G Stylo
>>
File: Note 7 demonstration.png (934KB, 1260x709px) Image search: [Google]
Note 7 demonstration.png
934KB, 1260x709px
>>57082430

>And even if you do, you get to join some sick lawsuit.

If it goes off in the wrong place, you're dead.
Or you're going to lose your testicles or something.
It's not worth it.
>>
>>57082430
Holy shit samcucks are this deluded.
There are about a hundred cases at least. And those are just the reported cases in the US. There may be many more.
And since the reason hasn't been found, all phones are at potential risk. It might just be a matter of time.

>And even if you do, you get to join some sick lawsuit.
More like, you will be sued if you harm other people. Samsung has officially stopped production and recalled the phone. If you insist on still using it, it's nobodies fault but your own if you get hurt.
>>
>>57082380

I don't think they do at all, because even after replacing the batteries phones still fucking blew up. There are deeper issues with that phone than the battery.

I don't even get why you people are so obsessed with a removable battery anyway. Why do you want thicker phones for no purpose?
>>
>tfw lg v10

I really don't get why some people shit on lg. I've never had a single issue with their phones in the past 10 years.
>>
>>57083049
>>57083198
this
>>57083761
if you use this and get hurt, at this point you cant sue, you're right.

i really wanted a note 7 :/
>>
>>57080936
Don't iPhones explode too?
>>
>>57082390
Bump for this.
>>
Samsung is still dominating the market with the best phones out there and one little mishap wont push shit companies to the front

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy N
>>
>>57075222
It's pointless to keep it, even if it doesn't explode. Samsung isn't going to push any updates on it and I doubt that they're going to release the source either. Also the note series is probably kill. IMO they'll simple push a "Pro" version of the upcoming galaxy S8 which will have an s-pen.
>>
WENT TO AIRPORT AND THERE ARE LITERALLY ANNOUNCEMENTS SAYING DONT TURN ON A NOTE 7 DONT CHARGE A NOTE 7 ON A PLANE.

AND THST SHIT WAS TRANSLATED INTO THREE LANGUAGES

FUCK YOUR NOTE SEVEN
BUY A GALACY EDGE YOU RICH MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>57083116
As far as I know its just a shitty rubber pen.
>>
Reminder to comepletely block updates for your Note 7 as some carriers are remotely bricking them.
>>
>>57086369
Package Disabler Pro all the way, bruh.
>>
>>57075222
Are there any other smart phones that can take 2 MicroSD cards?
>>
>>57080630
>fiances
jej
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.