[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refurbished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

What is /g/s opinion on refurbed electronics?
Specifically laptops.

Good value? Trustworthy?

Was gonna buy a refurbed dell latitude 15 from the dell outlet. Any better trustworthy places? I live on the UK.
>>
The less moving pieces in a refurbished unit, the better chance it'll last a long time like a new unit I'd say.
>>
>>57074846
Would you suggest to avoid HDDs? What about these factory certified refurbs?
>>
>>57074830
What the fuck, is that woman holding a fucking plastic bag filled with water with a straw in it?
>>
what does a mexican flea market have to do with this
>>
>>57074894

probably a fish
>>
>>57074894
>>57074896
Just came up when I typed refurbished electronics
>>
>>57074894
Yes, I've seen that in a couple of shitty South American countries, namely Peru and Boliva. They have a plastic tub full of juice and they fill little plastic bags with it.
>>
Laptops should be good, provided you go for a model line that has a track record of business use. They're made to be reliable and repairable, and there are plenty of spares and expertise available.
And if you do come upon a lemon and can't return it, you can easily get the parts to repair it by yourself, or just sell it for parts.
It's a much better deal than a new computer, and sometimes they literally don't make them like they used to.
>>
>>57075210
This
Bought my D830 for $30 and use it as my primary business/travel laptop. It's great and upgradable
>>
File: gaseosas-o-sodas-en-bolsa.jpg (54KB, 456x417px) Image search: [Google]
gaseosas-o-sodas-en-bolsa.jpg
54KB, 456x417px
>>57074894

Mexican here. nYou'll never know the privilege of drinking a baggie soda (any flavor you like)

Its stupid in a way yeah, but i did it a lot as a child.

>Thread related:

There's a few flea markets here and there that are worthy enough of spending some shekels.

I bought a hyundai HTSP850 set of speakers for aroud 7 USD and works and sounds perfect 2 months ago.

I also bought years ago a Japanese Game Cube for les than 20 USD (this was when the GC was cutting edge around 12 years ago) the laser was bad but i replaced it...played a bunch of games there.

I also bough in mid febraury a Clarion EQS744 equalizer, its currenlty installed in my car...shit was 1 or 2 USD because it had no cables and the seller didn't know if it worked.

Precisely this night theres a flea market i have gone only one time...but i saw a guy with a bunch of audio hardware and i thinkg i saw one of those Sony recivers with HDD and a touchscreen...also some retro looking receivers...if this thread is up i would gladly post the findings.
>>
im about to drop 800 burgerpoints on a refurb xps 13.
is ebay a reliable reseller?
>>
I just can't imagine using a used laptop.

All those oily fingers on the keys...

And that shit leaves a mark and seeps in you can't undo it...
>>
>>57075350

If the laptop is dirt cheap a new keyboard and even a touchpad would be nice.
>>
>>57075278
Cool stuff dude would love to see the findings
>>
My stuff:

iPhone: Refurbished
Laptop: Refurbished
Desktop: Refurbished
Printer: Refurbished
MP3 Player (Zune lol): Refurbished

No issues
>>
>>57074830
Just go to cex there's a zillion in the uk
>>
>>57074830
I started to buy refurbished a couple of years ago because i can get mid-high end stuff at low prices, my thinkpad and phone are still going strong.

Unless it's something like a mouse, keyboard or headphones/earphones of course.
>>
>>57074894
What's wrong with that faggot?
>>
manufacturer refurbished is great
they almost always replace all the externals so it feels brand spanking new

"seller refurbished" obviously just means someone sprayed some cleaner on a well worn thing with 10 dead pixels
>>
File: pissbottle.png (288KB, 871x449px) Image search: [Google]
pissbottle.png
288KB, 871x449px
>>57074894
>>
>>57074830
"refurbished" is just used electronics that's been cleaned up at the shop.
>>
>>57078330

often times they are unused and returned to the manufacturer, then sold as refurbished
>>
Just bought an Asus 970 mobo, AMD FX 8320, and 8gb of corsair ddr3 for $120 shipped. I loves getting used hardware from tech forums, good honest enthusiasts who care for their hardware.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.