[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up /g/. I thought my case would accommodate hptx.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: motherboad_sizes.jpg (414KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
motherboad_sizes.jpg
414KB, 800x533px
I fucked up /g/.

I thought my case would accommodate hptx.
I was wrong.

Now what the fuck do I do?
>>
New case, bitch.
>>
>>57073989
>thought
Did you read your case's documentation? Usually it's clearly stated which form factors are supported.

New case time, or you can set it up on your desk if you're desperate.
>>
>>57074000
The cheapest one that isn't shit is fucking 300 bucks...

How much of a bad idea would it be to gut an ancient 4u case and nigger rig it?
>>
>>57074056
Can't find shit on this case, it says gigabyte aurora on the front, but none look like it. I have a full size e-atx in it now, I thought hptx was just slightly taller
>>
>>57074059
go 4 it mah dude

Here is 700 pages of inspiration

http://www.overclock.net/t/666445/post-your-ghetto-rigging-shenanigans
>>
Put up a laundry line across your room if you don't have one already. Make sure it's extra tight.
Thread some appropriately sized strings through the mounting holes in the motherboard, and hang it by the strings. Only two are necessary, unless you want the board facing up.
Next, thread screws into the PSU's mounting holes, with a loop of string around each screw. The string should be gripped securely, use washers if necessary. Hang the PSU too, and connect it to the motherboard.
Video cards are a bit more tricky. You may want to use the mounting fittings on the cards to tie them to the laundry line too, relieving the stress that would otherwise threaten to break the PCI-E connection.
Finally, for items like HDDs and optical drives, you can hang them like the PSU, but if you want tool-less swapping, just hang a small tray or bucket next to the motherboard and put them there.
Finally, for cooling, the size of the room and its existing air-conditioning should be enough. If you still run into trouble, you can aim a stand fan at the motherboard and keep it cool.
>>
>>57073989
shove that shit in a cardboard box until you have a proper case.

don't bitch out now.
>>
All the parts have not arrived yet, but I'll think of something and make an ebic bread I guess.
Problems are, heavy; dual socket, so dual 240mm radiators; almost no room; cat; about a million btus of heat
>>
>>57074059
Where the fuck are you shopping dumbass?
It's just a box of metal and plastic, they can be as cheap or as expensive as you want.
>>
>>57073989

Make it fit, faggot. >>>/diy/
>>
>>57073989
Micro-ATX here, you dun goofed
>>
File: mobileComputer.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
mobileComputer.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Suspend your build in a custom-built mobile
It's the only way
>>
>>57074400
>hptx
>>
Buy a new case.
Or
Dremel, JB weld and shit
>>
Lost a job once for that- make it fit. Might have kept a couple too tho for it
>>
>>57073989
Just wallmount your shit until u can afford a new case
>>
Just build it on a table or wall
>>
Birch plywood, black paint and a sheet of perspex.
>>
>>57074681
I probably will just wall mount, I already have one pc mounted to the wall, but something about mounting $1200 in parts...
>>
File: Kotori17.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kotori17.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Where is there a fucking gun magazine on the XL-ATX?
>>
>>57074151
>go 4 it
corey pls go
>>
File: a3_092915.jpg (60KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
a3_092915.jpg
60KB, 460x460px
I'm thinking about a Thermaltake core P5 and just nigger rigging the hptx board in it.

Cop or not?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.