[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a programming job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

>current senior majoring in Comp Sci
>good GPA, 3.2
>0 personal projects
>0 connections to people int he industry
>0 networking
>0 internships

How do I get a programming job? Am I just fucked?
>>
Yep, you memed up pretty hard.
>>
Are you proficient with any programming language at least?
>>
>>57072844
suck dicks for money on craigslist
>>
austin?
>>
You answered your own fucking question. Why don't you work on all those 0's
>>
>>57072885
Java and c++
>>
start doing personal projects
contribute to open source projects
start going to meetups on various technologies you're interested in. It's a great opportunity for networking and companies sometimes show up and recruit there.
>>
>>57072844
You're not fucked, anyone that cares enough CAN get a job.

However, you've made it incredibly difficult for yourself. You don't even have school projects? Those count, I promise.
>>
>>57072844
Depends on where you live but you are the last person they will pick so good luck.
>>
>>57072844
Try sucking on pencil like the girl on the picture.
People usually pay for that
>>
>>57072844
do you have some kinda sick portfolio?
since you're an attractive woman you would have a pretty easy time getting a job on sex appeal at a start-up.
>>
>>57072951
How do you know?
>>
>>57072844
>3.2
>good GPA

LMAO, fucking pathetic
>>
>>57072900
I find hard to believe than you're proficient with a programming language yet have no personal projects. Never made something neat and put it in Github?
>>
>>57072900
Trick question. You're in college with no industry or oss experience. You don't know shit about those languages
>>
>>57072844
>3.2
>good gpa
Is this b8? I mean I was able to get a job with literally nothing but I had a 4.0 from a top 5 university.
>>
>>57072844
First of all 3.2 is not a good GPA. Second why do you have no internships/networking/contacts. Literally put in an ounce of effort.
>>
>>57072844
There is only one thing you can do in your situation.

Buy a skirt, kneesocks, a tank top, makeup, a shitload of estrogen and dye your hair in some neon color and then claim you are genderfluid
>>
File: photo.jpg (66KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
66KB, 900x900px
>>57073020
>>57073007
>>57072989
>mfw GPA doesn't exit in my 3rd world country
>I can tank on all test and pass with the minimal score and it's still fine
>>
>>57073067
>tfw GPA 3.2 is way above the average in my country we arent given a B just for attending
Just kill me now
>>
>>57072844
>>0 connections to people int he industry
>>0 networking
>>0 internships

this is basic shit needed for any job, at least get your ass on LinkedIn and lie about yourself to get some Job offers thrown your way to start interviews.
>>
>3.2
>Good GPA
You can't even get an internship from AMD with that GPA.
>>
>>57073106
>tfw grading on a curve with C as a mean in my country.
>tfw getting 3.5 is good enough to be top 10 of the department and get on Dean list.
>>
>>57073050
This is literally the best solution.

I wish I was kidding but this would seriously get you hired over some dude with a 3.8 and internships
>>
How about you
>Make some personal projects
>Get some connections to people in the industry
>Start networking
>Do an internship
>>
>>57073050
im pretty sure a guy in my anime club did this, except he was a CE. maybe he just decided he was trans right when he needed an internship
>>
Just apply to work for the federal government. You could be a psychology major and they'd still hire you as a computer programmer.

We just hired 2. One was at least an IT major. The other was a freaking librarian. I'm training them both. Programming is easy.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.