/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I were sent to Mars, with only one computer (W10), and I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 75812.jpg (299KB, 1481x1365px) Image search: [Google]
75812.jpg
299KB, 1481x1365px
If I were sent to Mars, with only one computer (W10), and I was forced to use the W10 Start Menu, I would return home to Earth.
If there was insufficient fuel to do that, but I could do slight course corrections, I would aim for the Sun.
>>
>>57070016
doesn't look so bad by itself, too bad it has ads
>>
>>57070016
with the fuel you'd need to go to the sun you could take off and land on earth more than 10 times
>>
Unpopular opinion here.

I actually quite like Windows 10. People are biased against change for pretty much anything; I for one, welcome new, fresh-looking layouts.

The problem is the botnet stuff and data miners. If companies focused on improving the product, transparency of source, and improving my experience, I'd gladly use Cortana, Siri, Google Bitch or whatever is the newest gimmick.

But no, they want to mine my private data.
>>
>>57070016
You can install classic shell though.
>>
>>57070016
>but I could do slight course corrections, I would aim for the Sun.
Flying a spacecraft into the sun requires an order of magnitude more fuel than to get back to Earth from Mars. You'd have to slow down your spacecraft by about 24000m/s
>>
>>57070186
>implying a vacuum has air resistance
top kek anon, top kek
>>
>>57070016
You literally can disable them all.
Besides why would you use the start menu when you can do super+r (or windows key whatever+r)
>>
>>57070016
Or you could make it look like the W7 start menu. But i guess if you can't even do that just aim for the Sun, if you have enough fuel for earth just use it to gain momentum and join the Sun faster.
>>
>>57070387
To be fair, classic shell sometimes bugs out.

I still use it because anything is better than the default start menu
>type in a program
>brings up a web search
>brings up everything except the main shortcut
>have to navigate to the fucking program folder just to open something.

Every fucking time I use the university computer. It's retarded. And I get a similar vibe on my own computer.

What were they fucking thinking? Only reason I haven't gone back to 7 is because I don't want to regenerate grub
>>
>>57070544
>hit windows key
>type name of desired program
>hit enter
>???
???
>>
>>57070574
>having to type in a long-ass string just go get to the fucking program I want
>not just displaying all options
and the worst crime of it all is
>collects all my data to make the user experience better
>can't even remember my most used shortcuts and suggest that

it's a fucking disgrace. A lot of the software I use has a lot of shortcuts with the same name, because they are bloated as fuck. Nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>57070585
I agree they could do something nicer, but dude you don't have to type the full string and it takes less than 1 sec to open anything like that.
>>
>>57070620
In my experience, I have to type out the full solidworks shortcut name. Otherwise it instead tries to open
>solidworks composer
>solidworks RX
>Solidworks dildo creator
>solidworks fuck me in the ass

Then it displays the folder for Solidworks and search the web for more results.

Perhaps there is a way to fix it, but I just pinned it to the start menu and called it a fucking day on my own machine. Can't say the same about uni machines.

Believe me, I wouldn't be bitching if it was just a stupid user error but I haven't found a way other than typing out the full solidworks shortcut name.
>>
>>57070653
just type RX then no ?
>>
>>57070653
>>57070670
or type the name of the .exe
>>
>>57070677
>>57070670
Because I don't want to type out "SOLIDWORKS 2016 x64 Edition" when I can just use classic shell, type Solidworks, press my arrow key, and call it a day.

>You're just being overly critical/autistic you lazy fuck
I wouldn't be nearly as mad if they hadn't broken the search function to the point where it is more concerned about giving me website results than files and programs on my PC. It's little things like this that really do nothing but ruin my will to use Windows when I can use Linux or 7 and have everything work, no bullshit.
>>
>>57070544
I just disable web search in Classic Shell on Windows 8.1.
>>
File: what.png (129KB, 595x698px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
129KB, 595x698px
>>57070016
?
>>
>>57070767
Yeah I have web search disabled too. Classic shell is fucking based, I'm glad it exists. It's just so much cleaner and easier to navigate.

I'd argue that a lot of themes integrate better with W10 than the default.
>>
Thanks k god I have LTSB of you are getting that pile of garbage.
>>
>>57070813
>suggested: browse and get rewarded
>>
>>57070502
You have literally no idea what you're talking about. Go play some KSP.
>>
>>57070726
>Because I don't want to type out "SOLIDWORKS 2016 x64 Edition" when I can just use classic shell, type Solidworks, press my arrow key, and call it a day.
Seriously i don't know but on my Win10 if i type solidworks i see "best results" but i can arrow key down to the other results and call it a day.
>>
>>57070502
>Knowing this little about space

It is incredibly hard to hit a large gravitational body with anything.

It would literally take less fuel to fly out as far as uranus or saturn and kill all velocity/momentum and fall directly into the sun from there

(Even still the ammount of minute corrections you would have to make would be staggering, and the ammount of energy it would take to completely de-orbit yourself has literally never been harnessed by man.)
We're talking flying out to uranus, then going from that orbit (wild guess, say 7000 m/s) to zero m/s
At that point hitting the sun would be like throwing a dart and splitting a single mollecule with it.

The sun is far more likely to suck you in and slingshot you around it's ass end out into interstellar space.
Remember the sun isn't stationary, it's hurtling through space very fast as well. All of are speeds in space are measured relative to the sun
>>
>>57073519
All of our*
>>
>>57073519
Dude, if you want to die by Sun you don't have to hit it. Maybe it'll slingshot you around into interstellar space if you were a big celestial corpse or whatever, but a space will fry without any chance to be around it's ass.
>>
>>57074225
spaceship*
>>
>>57070016
>ads in the start menu
Why would anyone think this is acceptable?
>>
>>57070016
>If there was insufficient fuel to do that, but I could do slight course corrections, I would aim for the Sun.+ 0 post omitted.

You obviously don't understand orbital mechanics, play more KSP. It's pretty difficult to just blast yourself into the sun on a direct course without a decent bit of fuel.More likely you'd put yourself in some stupid elliptical orbit with an orbital period of several years.
>>
>>57070016
why not just have nasa upload classic shell to you before you leave near earth orbit?
>>
>>57070031
You can turn it off, dumb.

> Ubuntu includes ads in Unity
> nobody cares
> Win10 includes recomendations in Start Menu
> B O T N E T
>>
>>57075674
>using ubuntu for other than servers
>>
>>57070284
agreed
>>
File: Capturewin10.png (80KB, 644x416px) Image search: [Google]
Capturewin10.png
80KB, 644x416px
>>57070016
Dude, just edit that shit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.