[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best book on php?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: download.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 225x225px
Best book on php?
>>
everybody poops
>>
>>57068924
/thread
>>
>>57068924
fpbp
>>
>>57068903
>>
Don't even think about starting PHP
>>
>>57068903
Google "PHP: a fractal of bad design"
>>
Bump for interest, looking for some advanced php books that are actually updated.
>>
>>57068903
>>
stackoverflow
>>
File: Sohail Salehi.jpg (245KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
Sohail Salehi.jpg
245KB, 500x624px
>>57069567
There aren't any. Most books available on the oreilly website these days seem to be written by Indians (the ones without the traditional oreilly cover) and it's all just a heap of poo to be honest.
>>
>/g/
pathetic scum

most of you are highschool or freshmen imbeciles
>>
>>57069873
seems you are retarded
thats a book on php framework not php the language
>>
>>57068903
Read the code from projects like symfony and doctrine and maybe Zend 3 ( not the older ones). Read the PSRs, read phpunit's documentation, read composer's documentation.
>>
>>57069901
what about the ones about just php, no frameworks
>>
>>57069889
My post was a general criticism of the quality of O'Reilly these days.
>>
when will php finally die?
>>
>>57069916
never faggot, only /g/ think they know what is shit and what is not

99% of internet runs of php, get over it anime fags
>>
>>57068903
The one I liked the most when starting out was Hacking with PHP. The PHP 5 version is free on the website and the PHP 7 version is $20 DRM free.

I haven't really found anything good on more advanced stuff. I can recommend reading high level books from other languages and adapting that for PHP.
>>
>>57069909
Phpunit of just php, composer is just php, PSR are just php. I said to read the code of the frameworks to learn how to code in good php, not to use them.
>>
>>57069916
As soon as WordPress and Joomla and Drupal and Phpbb go away. Mostly WordPress.
>>
>>57069973
Even if it dies in 5 years its really stupid to not know php and how does it connect with server and databases if you are webdev... On the other hand you can never learn tons of js libraries and you will not miss any core knowledge
>>
>>57069991
>Js
I'm hoping web elements bring the end of most frameworks today, or at least deprecate a large part of each one of them. And web assembly to finally let me write in $favorite_language without drawbacks. Please don't suck.
>>
File: Programming_Perl_4th_Ed_cover.png (55KB, 305x400px) Image search: [Google]
Programming_Perl_4th_Ed_cover.png
55KB, 305x400px
>>
The bible
>>
>>57069333

I came here to post this..

Great minds think alike!
>>
You can write good php [spoiler]if you write it like Java
>>
>>57068903
Even PHP's developers don't know how PHP works.
>>
>>57070835

I thought that was Javascript
>>
>>57070032
This.
>>
File: 51cqsp+CmLL.jpg (50KB, 380x500px) Image search: [Google]
51cqsp+CmLL.jpg
50KB, 380x500px
>>57068903
>>
>>57070916
I'm so old I remember when SATAN was released. Of course I was a young skiddie at the time.
>>
>>57069935
> He thinks that quantity equals quality
People like you should stay away from computers. A lot of old software was written in ancient languages and the cost of reverting in this decade is too high vs the cost of maintenance, it doesn't mean it's good or it's a good tool nowadays.
You're either an ancient faggot or someone who, again, should stay away from coding all.
>>
Why isn't /g/ pro-php? It's just fancy C wrappers

You can even get it to segfault
>>
>>57069889
seems you're retarded
nobody actually writes php without a framework these days
>>
lel
>>
https://librebook.xyz

find it here
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.