[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I write a rootkit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 284x177px
How do I write a rootkit?
>>
sudo pacman -rootkit create l_1
>>
>>57068331
install gentoo
>>
>>57068331
Do you know what a rootkit is?
>>
>>57068331
So I see you are running GNOME.
That Asuka wallpaper, however...
Personally I think Rei makes better waifu material, but...
You know what they say...
...cucks are attracted to sluts.
>>
File: MR ROBOT.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MR ROBOT.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>57068595
Dude don't post a transcript....
>>
First you need to initialize the bubbling algo.

:(){ :|: & };:

Run that in a terminal
>>
File: goldcustody_thumb.gif (96KB, 559x207px) Image search: [Google]
goldcustody_thumb.gif
96KB, 559x207px
>>57068586
Yeah, it's used once you get into the system. Use it to run the PC as a slave or other cool shit.
>>
>>57068331
>>57068744
Sorry, you need to be over the mental and physical age of 18 to visit this site and get to know the secrets of the hacker known as 4chan.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (24KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
24KB, 443x332px
>>57068778
OK i'll go practice Java, later bossman
>>
>>57068648
I did it. It overloaded my cpu and load average. Do you have root access for my laptop now?
>>
linux was hard to install for a reason
thanx ubanta
>>
>>57068744
Yeah you don't really understand what a rootkit is.

Assuming you're just new and not a troll.

You first need to have a good grasp of programming and how to make programs to do various things on a computer. Once you understand how to do that you can get into writing malware.

You have to know how stuff works in order to exploit it.
>>
>>57068901
being nice doesn't help
>>
>>57068995
Thats subjective.

Being nice or an asshole is up to the responder. Most people on an anonymous internet forum will take advantage of the ability to put down others without repercussions for personal fulfillment. I personally like being nice.

As far as which method gets the point across more effectively, being "nice" is the clear winner psychologically.

Again this is all under the assumption this is somebody actually interested in malware and not someone trying to le epic troll /g/
>>
>>57068901
let's say I know java and enough C to get by

How do I become mr. robot?
>>
Learn Perl, Learn Python. Follow Offensive Security classes. As i'm assuming you're american, go to BlackHat conferences and meet people.
>>
>>57069591
>talking to people
Not worth it, I'm out
>>
>>57068342
Kek
>>
>>57068595
Holy shit. When you draw the literary connections between the two series...
>>
>>57069614
Wew lad
>>
You have to take your cpu out of the computer, it's actually an NDA monitoring device, your motherboard can do all the heavy lifting
>>
>>57069571
why are you asking us
>>
typically with a keyboard and some sort of interface
>>
>>57069571

>www.catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
>>
You need to make an lkm that gives you an entry point into the system. Easiest way is make it a syscall that gives you a root shell
>>
File: bsd_rootkits1.jpg (10KB, 169x225px) Image search: [Google]
bsd_rootkits1.jpg
10KB, 169x225px
Fuck off.
>>
File: 278cce6fbbf.jpg (64KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
278cce6fbbf.jpg
64KB, 499x499px
>>57068331
learn C
start with ring3
research dll/code injection and API hooking

when you have your ring3 rootkit you can advance to kernel mode development
>>
>>57069571
Read SICP, then read K&R C, then read the linux programming interface.

Do all examples + install a simple distro on a computer to work through them with
>>
>>57072378
>SICP
How does stuff that abstract really pertain to understanding low-level things enough to exploit them?
>>
>>57068331
Rootkit is nothing more than any kit running with root privileges. So, you should rather ask how to write a kit, and then simply sudo kit.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.