[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have to buy new headphones every year because the sound in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1466740156593.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1466740156593.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>Have to buy new headphones every year because the sound in one speaker starts cutting out

Why does this always happen? Is this an easy fix? How much should I be spending on headphones to get ones that don't break so often? I'm not an audiophile so I only spend around $20-30 on them
>>
amazon com/gp/product/B0042A68R8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sennheiser HD 518 Headphones

Got them almost a year ago on sale for $65. Worth every penny.
>>
File: 913921_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
913921_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg
64KB, 1000x1000px
>>57065931
these are the best headphones. Have them for over 3 years, nothing broke!!!

A4tech Hs-50
>>
Learn to solder? It's so easy a chink toddler in a sweatshop could do it.
>>
>>57065956
fuck off shill
>>
File: descărcare.jpg (7KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
descărcare.jpg
7KB, 252x200px
>>57065985
Wot!?
>>
Get a soldering iron and go crazy
>>
>>57065977
>>57066017
The cables in headphones (at least in earbuds) are not just copper with rubber insulation. They have their own coating that insulates them and makes them hard to solder and makes solder joints not very strong. I'd recommend buying a pair of headphones with a replaceable cord.
99% the problem is in the jack. I'd recommend the monoprice headphones, they take a regular 3.5mm cord so it's super cheap to replace.
>>
>>57066056
In my experience it's the connection between the speaker and the cord, not the jack. would headphones with a replaceable cord not have this issue?
>>
>>57066056
>They have their own coating that insulates them
You just burn that off
>>
>>57066056
Eh, I just dip the fucker in soldering paste to burn the enamel off and solder sticks fine. Never done a full recabling because I'm not sure what kind of cable would be suitable.
>>
>>57066106
The problem you described is the other connection of the cord. The connections on both ends of the cords get tugged on and the wire will slip out of the jack and stop working on one side. The connections inside the headphones don't move and are unlikely to go bad. To answer your question, getting headphones with a replaceable cord will fix your problem. The monoprice dj style headphones are probably the best cheap headphones around. They are kind of creaky and uncomfortable but the sound is great for the price.

>>57066139
I know but when a jack goes bad you have to reconnect multiple wires to a new jack (I cannibalize it from another pair of earbuds that broke or soemthing) which means you have to re wrap all of them and it is unsturdy and ugly. I just said fuck it and bought some wireless earbuds, I only use headphones at my desk.

All the headphones I've owned that are meant to be user repairable are the ones that don't break anyways.
>>
You're probably listening too loud. Turn down the volume.
>>
>>57065931
I had this problem 3 years ago, it was my headphone input that was broken.
>>
I've had these fuckers for 2 years, they're asscheap and hard to break, sound quality is decent, and excellent if you consider the price.
>>
>>57066203
I've had some problems like that guy described, the connection itself didn't go bad, but there was stress wear in the part that anchors the cable inside the can (a literal knot on the cable, fucking Sony) so I had to snip it from the knot and resolder it to the driver. Used a zip tie instead of the knot to anchor it with less stress the cable.
>>
Get ones with a replacable aux cord
>>
>>57065931
I bet you're fucking careless with your earphones, aren't you?

>not unplugging and wrapping your auxiliary cord the right way (the under-over method)
>not storing the cord in an eyeglass case after using a twist-tie to keep it from tangling
>not dismantling and spot-cleaning the earphones weekly
>exposing them to humidity
>not using an amp
it's like you're trying to destroy everything you love
>>
>>57066203
>I know but when a jack goes bad you have to reconnect multiple wires to a new jack (I cannibalize it from another pair of earbuds that broke or soemthing) which means you have to re wrap all of them and it is unsturdy and ugly.
I bought a few Jacks and heat shrink tube for cheap. It's neat and fairly sturdy.
Even a salvaged jack can be made presentable with some shrink tube and maybe some epoxy.
>>
>>57065931
Its a short.

Easy to fix with a soldering iron, wire strippers, glue and a $3 rca jack.

Chop off old end, strio wirez sand/burn the inner wires, solder it into the connector, then glue it all together.

I had to do it to a $200 pair of buds.
>>
>>57065931
>Not soldering on a new wire.
That's a good goy!
>>
>>57065931
Stop treating your stuff like shit
>>
>have to buy new headphones every fucking month because of reason op noted
kill me
>>
File: 20161014_132736.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_132736.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
These fuckers are almost two years old. I use them daily and stuff them in my pockets when not listening to music.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.