[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your parents/grandparents use computers? Do they now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1476405787046.jpg (1MB, 2025x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1476405787046.jpg
1MB, 2025x3000px
Did your parents/grandparents use computers?

Do they now?
>>
>>57065524
No and they're dead.
>>
Yes. My grandfather worked for a phone company and my father bought us a commodore 64
>>
No
I gave my grampa my old desktop PC with Encarta on it and he was fucking blown away
>>
>>57065524
No. They're dead now.
>>
>>57065524
didnt it turn out only 1 of the 3 girls in that movie were actually black? And even then she was mixed or something and looked white
>>
File: Katherine_Johnson_in_2008.jpg (612KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
Katherine_Johnson_in_2008.jpg
612KB, 1020x680px
>>57065524
>>57066907
Why wouldnt they have an actor that actually resembles the real woman?
Kinda makes me think
>>
>>57065524
My Grandfather and Grandmother on my Fathers side were total macfags in the PPC days.

On my moms side they never really used computers.
>>
>>57066926
>White woman
>>
Parents are deaf, they were hot shit on what eventually became web cams, bought in early.
>>
>>57065524
Why does she get fatter the more she goes to the right.
>>
My grandfather and grandmother both have their personal computers, which they use daily. In fact, my grandmother just ordered herself a new computer.
>>
>>57065524
My grandma uses a computer more than my parents.
>>
One of my oldest customers helped write a program which crunched weather data back in the 60s.
>>
My grandfather was the lead technician for the first Computer Honeywell used for their production factories.
>>
they cant even switch inputs on a televison or save a contact on a cell phone.
>>
yes, but now she still doesn't get that you dont have to have the mouse cursor in the scroll bar to scroll
>>
>>57067051
no he wasnt
>>
>>57067088
Why so contrarian anon?
>>
My mother was taught basic in the 80s but doesn't remember anything.
>>
>>57065524
My 80 year old grandmother uses a laptop with Windows 10 and a Moto E get with it faggots
>>
Gramps used to work for xerox, forced him to retire. He uses computers nowadays for facebook crap and fantasy league football. I installed mint on his machine after seeing the pile of crap that was win10. Recently he was going to take it to a computer tech to fix some problem with it, the guy said there was a virus and recommended to install win10 for a fee. So I updated his system, fixed some debconf error, and installed chromium with ublock, https, and the pepper flash player, everything worked fine afterwards. I told him to ask me for help first, before taking anything to a shop.
>>
my grandmother did, I took it away from her because she did nothing but made me buy ink cartridges and give phishers her passwords. she didn't want to pay for the ink and other shit so i just told her its broke and threw it away after taking her 5 ms response monitor.
>>
>>57065524
My grandparents are all dead.

On my mother's side they never really did, one of my uncles gave them a computer but it was some 80s/early 90s piece of shit and they never had internet so of course they didn't use it.

On my dad's side my grandmother used a computer(he gave her a decent laptop he had) and the internet, mostly for recipes and such and email and would share photos from her digital camera and print photos and whatnot as well as using it for music and the like (she died in 2002 though), but she was much more cosmopolitan than my mother's parents. My grandfather on my dad's side died in the early 90s, I don't know if he ever really used computers much, especially since he had alzheimers for a good bit before he died too.

My parents both obviously use computers. My mother eventually went back to grad school for BIS or some shit but had been using computers for most of her career anyway. She has the normal consumer computer shit, smartphone, laptop, some streaming box for the TV, etc.

My dad is (was) a petroleum geologist, though he retired during the recent downturn, and used SGIs and other workstations and shit since back in the day doing seismic and whatnot. He seems to have gotten a bit behind the curve now, but still has an iPad or a kindle tablet or some shit, personal laptop, work laptop, home workstation, personal phone and several work phones all modern smart phones, etc. Plus either the amazon thing or the apple tv or some shit connecting shit to his TV and all that. Basically he knows his shit and constantly bitches about how kids these days that he hired don't know how to do crap, and that fucking around on Facebook and the internet doesn't mean you know how to use computers well, that sort of thing (he's not wrong obviously).

Also, my parents (and thus myself and my siblings) have had computers my entire life and I'm 32 now.

sorry for the life story lol
>>
>>57067111
no he wasnt
>>
>grandma and grandpa are in their late 80s/early 90s
>they figured out how computers work and never have to call for help

>mother in her 60s
>still won't accept why computers work the way they do, always demanding I help her with the most basic shit like clicking yes for software updates

fucking boomers reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Mom started using computers in 1998 with AOL, dad and grandparents never used computers

Mom still uses AOL..
>>
Yes, my grandfather loves to play chess, and grandmother was an op of some ancient Yamaha. I also just ordered a thinkpad for my other grandma.
>>
>>57066926
Because that would be racist to imply that white people do anything of value. Hollywood is only allowed to appreciate black people these days.
>>
>>57067503
What I was saying was the main character of the movie, Katherine Johnson, is the woman I posted a picture of.
They purposely hired a typical black girl for 2/3 of the women depicted in the movie, black washing them.
They got Mary Jackson depicted shockingly well (image wise, I haven't seen the movie so I cant say about her acting or role being one well). But the other two women are blacked more than they appear in real life.
>>
>>57066981
she is growing stonger
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.