[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile phone culture has ruined the internet. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

File: lonley is the new selfie.png (275KB, 540x322px) Image search: [Google]
lonley is the new selfie.png
275KB, 540x322px
Mobile phone culture has ruined the internet. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>57064449
>Mobile phone culture has ruined the internet
yeah, and Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1BsARrd.jpg (62KB, 606x880px) Image search: [Google]
1BsARrd.jpg
62KB, 606x880px
>>57064449
Most people aren't /g/ dwelling autists
>>
And privacy, and socialization, and humanity.

If you own a mobile phone, you're an idiot, end of story.
>>
File: 9cnv4f3n9khx.png (425KB, 589x539px) Image search: [Google]
9cnv4f3n9khx.png
425KB, 589x539px
Internet was ruined because everyone started using it, so yes your partly correct.
>>
>>57064449
[le ghetto laugh face] BRUH
>>
>Prove me wrong.
But you're mostly right.
>>
>>57065432
>That image
Not even gentoo is like that. Compilation is mostly automated on gentoo. And on normie distros like ubuntu you don't have to compile at all. Maybe add PPAs if you're on LTS.
>>
>>57065432
That Twatter post has my skin crawling. Disgusting. #GasBogdanBotezatu
>>
>>57064449
>Mobile phone culture has ruined the internet. Prove me wrong.
The only thing it has "ruined" is the design of some sites to accommodate for smaller screens. Everything else would be the same way even if we were still stuck with desktops+laptops. Let's not pretend everyone in the western world didn't spend a lot of time on the net before there were smart phones.
>>
>>57064449
>Mobile phone culture
Wut
>>
File: 1475108607817.jpg (10KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1475108607817.jpg
10KB, 300x295px
>>57064838
>If you own a mobile phone, you're an idiot, end of story.
You're a special kind of autism aren't you?
>>
>>57064449
I don't know about ruined by itself, but it sure didn't fuckin' help. I wish gook would ban all phone posters.
>>
>>57064449

Android and iOS fanboys are the only examples I can give you since those two groups alone are the biggest cucks of the tech world
>>
>>57065432
>it's a "linux is BSD" episode
>>
People want something different than you do; doesn't mean it's bad or ruined now, just that your preferences don't align. The world shifts and evolves, and tech is one of the most disruptive industries right now.
>>
>>57067450
Change is not always for the better. The most common choice is not always the best choice.

And "good" is defined in relation to a goal. If our goal is an educated, enjoyable, prosperous society without hunger, violence, or any misfortune for the unwilling, then the current state of the internet is definitely bad. Never has so much misinformation, divisive chaos, hatred of every flavor, and outright violence been spread so far in such a short timespan.

We need to turn back the clock and make the internet a safe space for nerds and academics again. No poorfags, normies, niggers, or durkas allowed.
>>
File: qkwlJhi.png (330KB, 629x365px) Image search: [Google]
qkwlJhi.png
330KB, 629x365px
>>57067085
>>57067117
>>57067448
>>
>>57067641
>qkwlJhi.png
>https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmemes/comments/4zjm4u/happy_25th_birthday/
you have to go back
>>
>>57067641
>I'll make my own cake
That sounds very Linux-like. Fork/clone everything!
>>
File: VLC.jpg (91KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
VLC.jpg
91KB, 1024x576px
>>
The web has ruined the internet.
>>
File: 2007 shit.jpg (429KB, 1477x1941px) Image search: [Google]
2007 shit.jpg
429KB, 1477x1941px
>>57067772

The web was fine until pic related. It's now an ad infested, centralized corporate nightmare that is in danger of rapidly becoming the new TV, i.e. a medium for brainwashing and controlling the unwashed masses with a nice handful of ads thrown in for your subscription fee.
>>
>>57067188
No. He's right. Nobody needs that crap, watered-down internet, connected all the time, radiation, exploding, peice of shit technology, designed by jews to get rich off of normies like you and most of the population. Enjoy your pathetic "huge" 5-inch screen, you thumb-swiping, consumer, piece of shit.
>>
>>57068531
Edgy lord
>>
>>57064449
I can't prove you wrong, because you're right.

This place it would improve significantly if we banned phoneposters.
>>
>>57068531
But how am I gonna browse 4chan when I'm not at home?
>>
>>57068879
I'll say that if you are barely at home then from your laptop
otherwise you don't
there might be some justified uses for smartphones, but shit-posting while you wait for the bus ain't one of them
>>
>>57069041
>shit-posting while you wait for the bus ain't one of them
What else can I do? Play shitty mobile games?
>>
>>57065432
>self censoring

what a faggot
>>
>>57067085
>being this autistic about a joke
>>
>>57069104
the first step to make your life less petty, trivial anf inconsequential is to realize that your life is one big whirlpool of emptiness

take 5 minutes and think about this for a sec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c

Then disable internet from your phone for a day and just leave calls and text messages
>>
>>57069196
You think people who use 4chan receive calls or messages?
>>
>>57067808
I'd put it two years earlier in 2005, since that's the year Youtube was founded.
>>
>>57064449
not just the internet, it's ruined the world; well, not ruined but it's a worse world than it was before
>>
>>57069208
... you're right. Maybe leave calls in case of emergency? I still have a dumb phone for emergency calls and the casual phone call

I've called 911 4 times this year, I want to stop using any cell phones at all, but I have a little of bad luck
>>
What's the problem with using 4chan from a phone anyway?
>>
>>57069336
if you have to browse from he phone that means you're outside/ bored/etc

therefore less likely to contribute and more likely to shitpost
>>
>>57069345
Thats not completely true, if i acess it from my pc it is because i wanna read the threads and maybe contribute or not, but it's the same outside when i'm using a phone
>>
>>57069250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqanNlzgwz4
>>
>>57069361
It is because to contribute you need to be able to type easily and include sources and links or maybe use photoshop or other software.

cant do that on the phone
>>
>>57069041
>>57064449
>>57064838
>>57068531
ITT: neets in mom's basement who dont need mobile phones because they're never mobile
>>
>>57069385
If i needed to do that(photoshop,links etc) i woudn't reply from a phone in the first place, i don't like to shitpost i don't see any fun in it.
>>
>>57069400
Where do you think you are, faggot?
>>
File: 150304_consumer-internet1.jpg (762KB, 900x2002px) Image search: [Google]
150304_consumer-internet1.jpg
762KB, 900x2002px
>>57067808
>>
File: 1473352817090.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1473352817090.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>57069152
>making a joke that wrong
Usually jokes are funnier when they actually make sense. Linux is unrelated to what he was saying entirely.
>>
>>57069414
ITT: neets in mom's basement who think everyone on /g/ is a neet in mom's basement
>>
>>57067085
>>57069152
>>57069431
You're all fucking failures.
>>
Is this the K. Mandla thread?
>>
>>57068531
lmao autistic hipster thinks he knows shit.
>>
>>57069486
>>
>>57069400
>everyone who disagrees with my opinion is a $X in $Y who dont need $Z1 because they're never $Z2
If always fun to exchange opinions on the web
>>
It's not so much mobile phones, but devs deifying touchscreens, even on devices with a keyboard and precision pointing device.

I know this is the next evolution, that even the mouse was a new thing that "ruined computing" once as well.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
>>
>>5706444
No. It's true.

See: phoneposters
>>
If you are outside, life should be stimulating enough that you don't need a miniature computer to distract you. Don't give me that "emergency" bullshit. Every god damn structure has a phone in it, and you can use that for an emergency. Most people don't even use them as phones anymore, why are they still calling them that? They are used to shitpost and take blurry hi-res underexposed snapchat photos of bullshit that nobody will ever look at, and to jerk off at work. We should start treating phones like the yellow star of david and start gassing all these useless zombies. Then murder the phone companies taking advantage of these morons, then kill all bankers, then murder every politician and then live happily ever after.
>>
>>57069421
>Microsoft
>Yahoo
What?
>>
File: 21107114.webm (163KB, 806x472px) Image search: [Google]
21107114.webm
163KB, 806x472px
>>57069385
Even the shallowest participation is significantly worse via phone.

Things won't get better.
>>
>>57064588
I unironically agre with both. Prove me wrong
>>
>>57070250
autismus maximus
>>
laughing hard, all the computer users point out flaws in phone culture and all the phones can do is resort to typing "neet, autismo, edge" lmao
>>
>>57070335
He created Israel and destroy white countries. Now you must pay 3billion dollars per year to jews.
>>
>>57064449
actually, social media culture is what ruined the internet.

Phones were just an accessory to the crime.

Mobile phones before social media were just fine, and self contained.

But with the revolution that smartphones brought to mobile internet, that meant easy access to social media on the go. And that is what killed the internet.
>>
>>57069232
youtube in it's origin was perfectly fine. it was just a video sharing site. it started going down the drain when Google Bought it in 2006, though changes didnt start to be felt till 2007 anyway.
>>
>>57069232
Early YouTube was comfy as fuck

Bring back star ratings
>>
File: 1474576536420.png (452KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1474576536420.png
452KB, 785x757px
I'm posting from a phone on the train

Come at me cucks
>>
it has ruined a lot more than that
>>
No, what actually ruined the Internet was not mobile tech. If you seriously want to imply that the iPhone/Galaxy somehow made the Internet worse, you might as well go back to your Thomas and his Friends Blu-ray collection.

What really ruined the Internet are assholes who want to censor what we can say.
>>
>>57069232
original youtube was closer to liveleak than what youtube is right now. you could find videos of pretty much anything on there. after google bought it they just turned it into a shilling and advertising service.
>>
>>57065432
the fact that is considered difficult or an unnecessary set of steps is why people are fat and stupid

look at the ingredients of a store bought cake and you see toxic and estrogen-laced ingredients like soybean oil, soy lecithin, canola oil, enriched bleached wheat flour etc.

You can literally make those ingredients into a cake mix in 10 minutes and bake for 1 hour and you will be assured you know what is in your cake, leading to healthier overall lifestyle. In fact, although I don't make cakes, I make breads and egg-bread variants like banana bread, using whole wheat flour I ground at home. No ingredient in the cake has more than a single ingredient itself. As a result I not only know the exact composition of my cake and can exclude any unhealthy ingredients, I can substitute more healthy options (honey for sugar, whole wheat for white wheat, sunflower seed oil for soybean oil, etc)

this is entirely analogous to gentoo which I also run. If you want to eat garbage and use a garbage OS be prepared to be both physically and mentally unhealthy as the corporate taskmasters may decide.
>>
>>57071490
yeah, and why is there a much larger push for censorship nowadays? because every brain dead moron has access to internet all day in his pocket. many of them will even support censorship so that they don't have to see things which might offend them.

before you had to have a PC and make time to access the internet. if you were a careless idiot your PC would get filled with malware and become unusable. now you could give a smart phone to a niglet in africa and he could figure out how to access the internet.

smart phones are nothing but interactive toys designed for retards. everything is made to be as simple as possible and require little to no effort to set up on the user's part. so now you have people that without smart phones would rarely if ever even try to access the internet access it throughout the day.
>>
>>57067163
underage detected
>>
>>57071557
Normies in general are terrible for anything.

I remember once at a family gathering the conversation ended up going towards connecting to the internet. Can't even remember how it did, but I ended up basically describing how a BBS would work, how you'd basically telephone someone through a computer.

My sister and her partner asked if this was still possible, to which I said it was, but that no one does it now because of always-connected broadband, and even dial-up internet superseded it.

They were terrified at the idea that people were just doing this by themselves. That they would be able to just connect without any company or government making sure it was OK.

Normies love phones because it turns the internet in to television, with the Facebook channel, and the YouTube channel, etc.
>>
>>57071557
>What is Windows XP
>What is Ubuntu
>What is OS X
>What is Windows 2000

Easy as shit computers existed before smartphones and fucking up your smartphone is just a four foot drop away.
>>
>>57071802

>hurr durr, these things are totally equivalent

No.
>>
>>57071890
Uh, yea, they kinda are.

Compared to OSes where you have to type out fucking commands, a typical person using XP is really not that different from from iPhone user.

Stop pretending that modern computers are that much harder for normal people than smartphones.
>>
File: fellel.jpg (83KB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
fellel.jpg
83KB, 1280x696px
>>57067085
seems like that joke strikes a nerve.
>>
>>57071963
PewDiePie is the best ever. If he ever released his video content on BL I would totally buy it.
>>
>>57069196
>Louis C.K.
please go to alien-land or /b/
also you need to be 18+ to be on this site, so in turn, just go back to alien-land if this applies
>>
>>57071936

Um, no, they kinda are not. You're making a stupid comparison.

Just because these OSes you mention were simple to use, they still necessitated someone being in front of a computer and dealing with the expense, maintenance and burden that using the internet on a computer requires. Compare this to a mobile device that just works with little to no concern for all the pitfalls that computers bring is so far removed your attempt to make both analogous is pretty ridiculous.

The whole point of mobiles being easier to use compared to computers is explained wonderfully by >>57071557

>before you had to have a PC and make time to access the internet. if you were a careless idiot your PC would get filled with malware and become unusable. now you could give a smart phone to a niglet in africa and he could figure out how to access the internet.

>Stop pretending that modern computers are that much harder for normal people than smartphones.

Computers aren't "difficult"; mobiles are just make the internet so much more accessible. The the barrier to entry and the availability at any time of the day that makes even fucking children able to use the internet in seconds.
>>
>>57064449
I'll agree to that. More and more I find myself comparing how searches are handled via mobile and via desktop. I used to think that when searching for things via my phone would return closely to what I would see from a desktop environment. Not really the case. Everything seems to be organized by local ads and not by my actual search criteria. I know there is a desktop mode which does help but then ads become so fucking intrusive I can't access the site I'm looking for information from. Not a huge fan of the separate search functions of mobile vs. Desktop but most folks don't seem to be bothered by it so I can't expect anything to change.
>>
*western mobile phone culture
ftfy
reminder that mobile phones were just fine before you could use the internet on them with lots of network data. it's the normalfags that ruined it.
>>
File: 1468597879033.jpg (82KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1468597879033.jpg
82KB, 650x650px
>>57071557
>many of them will even support censorship so that they don't have to see things which might offend them.

This thread recalls us how 4chan stupid mods are liberal about freedom of speech: http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S55480713

I guess an insecure idiot will ban me and my entire university for that, you've got the insecurities you deserve dude, pic related. Though I recall a Reddit user summoning Reddit admins about mods shadowbanning people based on their opinions.

I primarily meant to say that Freenet made an uncensored darknet without spam or trolls by an adequate implementation of a Web of Trust.
>>
>>57070353

Would banning phone posters make posts like this less common? I don't know if you people ever make real comments or this is all you ever "contribute" but I think it's worth banning all phones to see if it cuts down on the virtual litter.
>>
>>57072514
every thread that i've seen started with image.jpg has been shit. same goes for posts. this is just the ifaggots. can you imagine how much shit is posted by other mobile retards?

there is absolutely no reason why mobile should be allowed to post. they are only able to re-post images and usually write pointless short posts because typing on a phone is tedious.
>>
>>57072630
>there is absolutely no reason why mobile should be allowed to post. they are only able to re-post images and usually write pointless short posts because typing on a phone is tedious.
THIS
>>
>>57071521
Good post, +1.
>>
>>57071521
>estrogen-laced
citation needed or >>>/x/
>>
you suck
>>
>>57069421
;_; where do we go now sweet, child of mine?
>>
>>57069546
To be clear, you realize there are literally people in this thread who said that they don't need a mobile because they don't go out and that therefore phones are retarded, right?
>>
>>57069421
>Yahoo
who the fuck still even uses yahoo?
>>
>>57065432
>butter

disgusting, what the fuck
>>
>>57064449
attention-seeking ruined the internet
mobile phones just made it easier
>>
>>57071075
Exactly
>>
>>57071521
Nice one, thanks for the read.
>>
>>57074733
he's using the butter useflag
>>
>>57064449
Incorrect. Normalfag social media ruined the internet. Smartphones simply enable this.
>>
its like the banning guns debate. while I believe that banning phones will make the world a better place, faggots are still going to find ways to kill the internet because they are uneducated faggots, nobody loves them, and they have no talent, skill, or usefulness in real life to contribute anything to the greater good of humanity...so they fuck it up for the rest of us.

same solution i believe should exist for both of these problems. societal reformation. No monetary systems, passive eugenics, forced higher education, and removal of banks, advertisers, politicians, and all other similar businesses such as insurance and restaurants. It will force humans to become smarter, govern themselves, actually able to create their own food, not be poisoned by ads and marketable goods, and not be poisoned by imaginary green paper. And Cars should go too. everything would be closer together and you wouldnt need them in the first place.

but thats a long way away (even though we have all the ability and time) humans are fucking lazy and stupid.
>>
>>57064449
The internet was shit before people could use it on mobile phones. The only thing that's changed is the specific ways it's shit.
>>
>>57077025
What you're describing there isn't the reformation of society, but the complete abolition of society.
>>
A good reason to spend less time on the internet tb͏h
>>
imagine the post quality of this site if mobile IP ranges were banned
>>
>>57065432
my daily cringe quota, met in one twatter post
not too rare
thanks
>>
>>57069486
>I'm better because I don't care
>>
>>57070375
>implying being a phone user and computer user is mutually exclusive

???
>>
>>57073580
Its a fact soy increases estrogen
>>
>>57069232
Youtube partner program started in 2007 though
>>
>>57067498
>We need to turn back the clock and make the internet a safe space
Kys.
>>
>>57064449
>Prove me wrong.
But iCan't

- Sent from my Oooga Booga
>>
>>57071521
I genuinely thank you for making me feel guilty about my shit food choices since it moves me towards improving my diet.

I eat healthy to your degree only when I have the time and still eat garbage on the go
>>
>>57073580
the plot thiccens: womyn is stronk and xx, which is basically /x//x/

brb, visiting the reptilians
>>
>>57064449
>MUH SEKRIT CLUB
The internet didn't get "worse", you probably just began to realize how shit it was around the same time that mobile devices gained traction.
>>
>>57070766
Hitler's ideas weren't bad, just the way he implemented them and lost was the part he did wrong.
>>
Giving everyone a voice was a mistake.
>>
>>57080129
It gets worse with larger user bases
For a good example, see this fucking site
It's very difficult to moderate large communities unless you have a proper business model
>>
>>57080348
The song remains the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
>>
>>57080931
yes, that's another great example
it's a pretty simple rule where community size has a negative relationship with quality
>>
>>57064449
No, you're right.
>>
>>57069104
Maybe spend 5 minutes of your waking life just thinking about things without distractions.

Jesus fucking Christ...
>>
>>57074715
tumblr, flickr, old people still using yahoo mail...
>>
>>57065432
kek

all yall motherfuckas lack dat self awareness
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.