[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point to 8k now or in the next 10 years? Seems to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 10.jpg (183KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
183KB, 800x534px
Is there a point to 8k now or in the next 10 years? Seems to me there wouldn't be a noticeable difference unless you're going 60" or higher and sitting really close.

Shouldn't manufacturers focus on improving the quality rather than the density? Get 144hz and HDR to the best it can be. There's barely any media in 4k that's easily accessible right now.

Has anyone here seen an 8k monitor? Any difference?
>>
>>57064023
density IS quality, dumbass
monitor resolution should continue to increase until you can't see aliasing on the pixels
although if video cards can't keep up with resolution increases there's not much point
>>
>>57064023
Anyone honestly concerned with 8k right now is an autist who just likes to feel cutting edge.
>>
>>57064023
4k 27 inch still isn't 300ppi you dip
>>
>>57064023
8k and above is pretty much going to be movie theaters only since they're the only ones with displays that are large enough and close enough to the audience to make the difference noticeable.
>>
>>57064306
>4k 27 inch still isn't 300ppi you dip
Why the fuck would it need to be? Do you sit 4" from your computer display?
>>
>>57064365
Do you not want a nice display on your pc?

I've got a 30 inch 1440p, but if I could upgrade to 4k or higher and get the same performance I fucking would in a heartbeat.

I'm even considering buying a 4k laptop because the screen looks so nice and sharp. You can still see the pixels on a 1080p 14 inch laptop.
>>
>>57064388
>Do you not want a nice display on your pc?
I have a nice display. 300ppi wouldn't make it any nice, it'd just make it worse. I sit a normal distance from the monitor.
>>
>>57064388
Dont, most if not all 4k laptops are capped at 48hz. Atleast before buying make its capable and set to 60hz
>>
>>57064416
>48hz
Ew. Thanks for the heads up. Might see if any 1440p alternatives are out there.

>>57064406
You're either extremely retarded or extremely poor.
>>
>>57064935
>You're either extremely retarded or extremely poor.
Well you're clearly the retarded one and I have NEC displays so I'm not the poor one, either.
>>
The only reason that I'm looking forward to 8K is that 240p, 480p, 720p, 1080p and 1440p all perfectly integer scale in to it.
>>
>>57064036
He means the quality of the pixels themselves, more pixels isn't everything. Color accuracy, viewing angles, contrast, etc.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.