[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

encryption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 150x84px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 150x84px
Reminder that there are people on this board right now that think there exist encryption that is safe to use, but easily breakable.

We are in the presence of true idiots /g/.
>>
>>57059025
Using asymmetric encryption to provide access to a trusted third party is not "breaking" the encryption.
>>
>>57059025
on another note, is brutus the best software to crack a lost password for a truecrypt volume which one remembers parts of the password?
>>
>>57059048
>the shills have already arrived
You can then sell the access to the highest bidder. Why would I trust any entity when history has shown such power is abused 95%+ of the time?

Make sure to fill out those logs and time sheets to get your hourly salary.
>>
>>57059110
I'm not arguing in favor of it, I'm just saying you/OP used the wrong word.
>>
>>57059048
Lololololololololol why use encryption if you are giving the information to someone you don't know?
They are human, you are introducing one more weak link.
And that's not even talking about the fact that it won't remain secure, if a backdoor like that ever was secure, for very long. You really don't think about this to much do you? You just say
"Welp Jim Bob, they didn't catch that NIGGER faggot terrorist. Mr police officer man says they coulda if only them math nerds woulda let em have That there backdoor. Yep, gotta fight the terrorists. Yep."
Hahahahahahaha get btfo you basic bitch.
>>
>>57059135
>you are introducing one more weak link.
That's the intended mode of operation. It is supposed for trusted party to be possible to fuck your shit up, otherwise it's not a trusted party. Breaking encryption is something else.
>>
>>57059128
I see what you mean but there's some legitimacy to OP's claim. Do you accept the following statement to be true:

>If it has backdoors, it is easier to break.
>>
>>57059165
When someone finds out a key to your encrypted data and uses it decrypt it, that's not breaking encryption.
>>
>>57059154
>trusted party
And how do they remain "trusted"? They must get vetted frequently which means the databases that store the stupidly large amount of information have to be externally audited, Introducing yet another weak point. I can keep going. You are very simple aren't you?
>>
>>57059220
They remain trusted by being able to fuck your shit up. Please, anon, pay attention.
>>
>>57059230
They already can. They can enter my room and ask for my password at gun point. So they already are trusted, no need to add an extra dimension to that friendship.
>>
>>57059278
That's not a past of the encryption/decryption procedure, though.
>>
>>57059154
There is only one trusted party and that is yourself.
>>
>>57059372
>>57059372
Agreed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.