[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too dumb to install arch or gentoo linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1438015447647s.jpg (7KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1438015447647s.jpg
7KB, 250x246px
>tfw too dumb to install arch or gentoo linux
>>
I don't think you are, if you can basically copy and paste terminal commands you can do it. It looks intimidating, but it's really easy.
>>
>>57058844
>he can't follow a simple guide
>>
>>57058844
Good.
>>
>>57058844
>tfw can't be arsed because it'd take time away from shitposting
>>
>>57058844
get antergos
>>
>>57058844
to*
>>
>>57058844
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S55488184#p55502261
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S55899614#p55900778
>>
Try slackware then :^)
>>
>>57058844
That's fine, OP. At least you're not bashing Gentoo just because you're too stupid to install it. Give Debian a go.
>>
Slackware is perfect for slackers like you
>>
>>57059259
I got all sorts of errors when installing Debian. Plus I don't know if it's worth all of that plus having to manually install wireless card drivers. Why not Ubuntu?
>>
>>57058844
Windows XP is harder to install than these two.
Man up you little piece of shit and try until you get it done
>>
what do you get for installing gentoo??

5% performance?

so now it takes 455ms to refresh your favourite shitposting site instead of 475ms

wow
>>
File: 1476156246595[1].png (77KB, 372x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476156246595[1].png
77KB, 372x300px
>tfw too intelligent to install time waster distros like Arch and Gentoo
>>
>>57058894
>copy and paste terminal commands
Then what's the point of even using Arch, especially if you have no need for rolling-release? You won't learn anything different than installing Ubuntu minimal, and you'll just end up with a system that took longer to set up and configure.
>>
>>57059913
>I'm retarded pls rape my face
>>
>>57059740
>Why not Ubuntu?
Try it, there's no reason not to.
>>
people who use arch line to tell people to just come the instructions in the wiki, but it can be much harder than that
when I installed it I ran into a handful of driver issues and it probably took half a week before I had a working system that you could use for "real work"
so in short it's not that easy and don't feel bad for deciding not to use it
>>
File: tard.jpg (71KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
tard.jpg
71KB, 1024x512px
>>57060195
>people who use arch line to tell people to just come the instructions in the wiki
>>
Install sabayon or antergos.
>>
cinnamon mint
>>
>tfw too dumb to fell Linux meme
>>
>>57058844

With that attitude, you will not be able to learn how to install Arch Linux.

Take it slow, and study the documentation meticulously. You'll be fine.
>>
>>57060977
Naw, Arch is just broken, on any given day its probably a 50/50 chance the shitty bash scripts that replace intelligible directions fail to work properly.
>>
>>57058844
READ THE WIKI
>>
>>57058844
Just install Debian, friend. There's no reason to run a meme OS.
>>
>>57059937
this desu ne, i throw in an ubuntu mate iso and have a beautiful functional non-timesink os in minutes
>>
>>57058844
You're not missing out on literally anything anyway, who cares.
>>
Arch is not hard to install. Getting a full featured personal computing environment that works well and doesn't look like ass after the install is the hard part. Tracking down every package you want is a huge waste of time
>>
>>57059962
Now do you see why people always talk about installing Gentoo?

It's not some meme OS, it's a perfectly fine system to use. Even if you don't like compiling everything from source, you could just install some of the barebones stuff you need to run Gentoo, then install another package manager. You can literally do "emerge --ask pacman" to get Arch's package manager (and then just use emerge for system/kernel updates only).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.