[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Report says Samsung will abandon the “Note” brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: gsmarena_002.jpg (39KB, 728x438px) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_002.jpg
39KB, 728x438px
http://www.gsmarena.com/report_says_samsung_will_abandon_the_note_brand-news-21035.php

>Russian site Hi Tech Mail.ru reports about a source which claims that the South Korean manufacturing giant is considering the abolishment of the “Note” brand, due to the most recent events of the Galaxy Note7 being recalled due to battery explosions, twice.

>We have to face it, the reputation of the Note brand has been destroyed, not to mention all the negative attention Samsung has been receiving because of the faulty smartphones. The Note brand will never be looked at the same way as it used to. One of the industry’s best-selling phone lineup has been laid to rest for good and Samsung has to keep looking forward.

RIP Galaxy Note. Press F to pay respects.
>>
>>57058817
noted.
>>
SAMSHIT IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
they'll just replacement with a phablet with a different name
Scrote maybe
>>
File: Galaxy-Note-7-vs-S7-edge[1].jpg (227KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy-Note-7-vs-S7-edge[1].jpg
227KB, 1600x1200px
>Literally fucking up so bad you have to kill off an entire brand

Impressive.

Though let's be real here with how fucking phablet-sized their Galaxy phones are anyway the difference is basically just the stylus. The Note brand was doomed the minute "muh screen size" became the main selling point of flagship phones.
>>
>>57058876
Interestingly, the S7 Edge is larger than the Note 1 and the same size as the Note 2. The Note 7 is literally only a mere .2 inches larger than the S7 Edge.

They could just merge the Note into the mainline and put a stylus into new mainline phones, and it would probably be seen as a benefit.
>>
Who cares? They'll just make the edge the new note. They'll continue making phablets because there is a strong market for them.
>>
Serves them right for not testing their batteries.
>>
“The problem seems to be far more complex,” Mr. Park said in a phone interview. “The Note 7 had more features and was more complex than any other phone manufactured. In a race to surpass iPhone, Samsung seems to have packed it with so much innovation it became uncontrollable.”

>try to innovate like Apple
>builds an uncontrollable bomb
>>
Article seems a bit melodramatic. I like the Note phones enough that I'd pass on this one in faith that they learned from their mistake for the next try.
>>
It was pointless anyway, the S7 Edge has almost the same size.

But if they're going to make a new line of 5.7 inch phones, I vote they call it the Bloat.
>>
great opportunity for Samsung to launch Milky Way, Andromeda, and Magellan brands
>>
File: ATF.jpg (14KB, 278x242px) Image search: [Google]
ATF.jpg
14KB, 278x242px
>>57060815
>mfw bought a NFA stamp for my Note 7
ATF is going to be shitting some bricks real soon
>>
>>57062388
hahaha
HHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>57058817
Good. Why don't they abandon the Galaxy brand too while they're at it?
>>
>>57058867
"Scrote XL"
>>
>>57058817
>russian site reports about a source which claims
Good, so nothing to back it up.
>>
Time to start a social media hashtag movement to save the Note brand.

#NoteLivesMatter
#NoteDidNothingWrong
>>
Maybe instead of a stylus the next one will come with a little fire extinguisher?
>>
>>57062589
I'd rather it have a safety pin and a lever
>>
>>57062589
>>57062616
Rude!
>>
>>57058940
They're Samsungs. They could do anything they wanted save for blowing up. Most Samsung owners don't know or give a shit about what's in their device
>>
HAPPENING
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.