[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentoo and Thinkpad fags, why do you do it? What's the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3270.png (51KB, 847x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3270.png
51KB, 847x411px
Gentoo and Thinkpad fags, why do you do it? What's the appeal?
>>
I can absolutely see the attraction of a Thinkpad, in fact I persuaded my brother to buy one and would buy one myself if I needed another laptop.

Gentoo is just a meme though.
>>
>>57057709
i like thinkpads because they're nice laptops. gen2 is a meme
>>
I'm running Debian on a T430, and it's the best laptop I've ever had. Doesn't overheat like a MacBook, has awesome battery life, and the keyboard clit has its uses.
I tried installing gentoo on it, all that happened was grub-mkconfig or whatever took about an hour to complete, then my laptop didn't boot
>>
Old thibkpad have a nice quality / price ratio and there is a lot of people using these online so it makes the troubleshoot easier.

New thinkpads are overpriced (despite a built quality above average) and less upgradable than older models

Gentoo is a source based distro that allows you not to compile stuff you don't need hence drastically reducing the number of dependencies. To comparison binary based disto (such as arch and Ubuntu) include support for everything possible and end up bloated.
Gentoo is also despite (PR maybe because of) its meme status the most mainstream and easy way to get rid of systemd

Gentoo on thinkpad is goat because of the documentation available online as there's a lot of gentoo users using thinkpads.
>>
>>57057709
I like thinkpads because they're tough. I like Gentoo because I like tinkering with my operating system.
>>
>>57057709
I like the aesthetics and build quality of thinkpads. Also for smuggie points
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.