[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nice security Nvidia got going on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: nvidia.png (22KB, 423x240px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia.png
22KB, 423x240px
Nice security Nvidia got going on.
>>
File: Capture.png (81KB, 445x656px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
81KB, 445x656px
Mines off, but I don't remember if I manually disabled it.
>>
File: 6tm26wk.jpg.gif (2MB, 290x260px) Image search: [Google]
6tm26wk.jpg.gif
2MB, 290x260px
>he's using proprietary software
>he's concerned about security
>>
>>57056539
Sure, let me install some FOSS crap drivers and turn my performance GPU into a 1990 VGA card.
>>
>>57056539
>>57056554

You can only be free if most of what you want to do can be done in a text editor.
>>
>>57056554
I don't think you grasp the gravity of having unauditable code running in ring 0.
>>
>>57056539
>lets use them open source drivers
>>
>>57056495
>>57056519
>not downloading ONLY the drivers
You deserve this.
>>
>>57056495

Geforce Experience != Geforce Driver

Sharing is the weird new name they gave to shadowplay. It doesnt actually share anything untill you set up accounts and activate it, but it has extra shit to efficiently capture Game output without killing your framerate.
>>
>>57056746
>extra shit to efficiently capture Game output without killing your framerate
Wow amazing, this is exactly what the Internet needs. More game streamers and commentators! We sure haven't got enough of them.
>>
>>57056798
Calm your autism. Having an option to easily record screen in high quality with minimal performance is really good. Shadowplay just werks and isn't for games only.

I wish they patched in the new codec supports on Pascal cards and I dislike the new UI.
>>
>>57056864
>Having an option to easily record screen in high quality with minimal performance is really good
It's interesting technology-wise, but it's been used in the worst possible way.
>>
>>57057086
>It's interesting technology-wise

It really isn't. It's just an extra chip on the card.
>>
>i use AMD
>one time i tried to download the driver only because im sick of their shitty software
>all downloads install their shitty catalyst software
>download latest driver
>rename the file from .exe to .zip to try to grab the driver only
>it fucking works, the exe is just a wrapper for their bullshit
>extract the driver, install it manually

i wonder if this will work with nvidia
>>
>>57056864
This.

Before you even have the ability to use the botnet experience, you have to agree to their specific terms and willingly give an account or it doesn't even start to function. If you see those options, you have already waved all the right to cry about shit.
>>
>>57057118
You can install just the drivers for nvidia but it will also install shit services such as wireless or network related for shield.
You can disable those services and have just the drivers work with no other bullshit, takes not even a minute to manually disable them.
>>
File: terry.png (4MB, 1700x1700px)
terry.png
4MB, 1700x1700px
>>57056645
This. Install TempleOS, the only operating system to run only open source code in ring 0.
>>
>>57056495
People mostly use experience for shadowplay tho.
>>
>>57057329
>running unblessed code in ring 0
It's like you WANT to end up in hell!
>>
File: 1475855141214.jpg (78KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1475855141214.jpg
78KB, 340x314px
>>57057329
>>57057356

I'm glad people invented religion. What would we laugh at otherwise?
>>
meanwhile AMD got rid of their botnet gaymen evolved
>>
>>57057370
fedora tipping autists like you
>>
>>57056495
Joke's on them, I use nouveau on gentoo.
>>
>>57057118
What are you even talking about? Both AMD and Nvidia's drivers give you the option to not install all the bundled crap. If you're too retarded not to pick express install, that's your problem.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.