[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ is it possible to get a mini pc that I can put into my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: artigo-a1000-400x275.jpg (36KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
artigo-a1000-400x275.jpg
36KB, 400x275px
Hey /g/ is it possible to get a mini pc that I can put into my 5.25 drive bay and install loonix on?

I've seen this via artigo, but it is like 300 dollars.
>>
>>57051807
How exactly would you expect something like that to cost any less...?
>>
>>57051820
You can buy a phone for 100 bucks and it's smaller
>>
>>57051827

Then why don't you buy a phone for $100 and install Lincux on it and stick it into your 5.25 drive bay.
>>
>>57051865
Because I want the io
>>
>>57051807
Rasberry Pi? Why even waste money and time to put a functional computer INSIDE of another computer?
>>
>>57051827
okay...?

You're talking about a purpose built device with millions of potential customers world wide, vs a SUPER niche product with like ~1000 potential buyers world wide.
>>
>>57051807
just mount a rpi in there
bonus pints for implementing a lucid sleep
>>
>>57051827
Economies of scale you dumb fuck. SFFPCs are a much more niche product manufactured in smaller numbers, that makes the price higher
>>
>>57051893
I'm not asking for a niche product newfag. Almost everyone on /g/ uses loonix
>>
>>57051873

Are you implying that additional stuff raises the price? Then why do you expect it to be as cheap as a phone?
>>
>>57051908
I wouldn't mind playing 50$ extra but 300 dollars? I would be better off buying a laptop.
>>
>>57051906

Not that guy, but a computer smaller than a 5.25 bay is definitely very niche. If you don't understand why, get out of this board and consider ending your life.
>>
Unless you're going for via for specific reasons you could build/buy something intel or amd for much cheaper
>>
>>57051923

Then why don't you buy a laptop?
>>
>>57051906
>I'm not asking for a niche product
A 5.25" drive bay computer is VERY niche you fuckwit.
>>
>>57051807

>Hey /g/ is it possible to get a mini pc that I can put into my 5.25 drive bay and install loonix on?

Literally why?

You could park a PC of any size, shape, or specification you desire in the corner of your basement, and remote into/SSH it for Linux whenever you wanted. You can even replicate I/O over the network.
>>
>>57051955
you don't have to be a dick head
>>
>>57052066
>call someone a newfag
>whine about being called a fuckwit
>>
>>57052099
>newfag=fuckwit

Sure buddy boy
>>
>>57052124
>>57051906
quality strawmanning
>>
I think making a pi enclosure that routes the ports where you need them would be the cheapest solution, provided you know how to solder. Need X86? use one of those kangaroo newegg dealies.

I kinda wanted to do this too.. Still sticking to windows, but have the internal one segregated from the rest of my network to kinda work as a VM thats TRULY seperate.
>>
>>57051807
It's possible to construct a mini-pc that can run Linux inside of something you've fabricated that will fit I/O from the device and the limitations of a 5.25 bay. You could probably pay some individual or organization to custom-make something of the sort.

It is unlikely that something like that is mass-produced. That is hyper-fucking-niche.
>>
Intel just launched a new 5"x5" mobo series but you're probably too much of a fucking jew to buy one
>>
>>57052958

Here, because your newfag ass is probably too retarded to find it yourself:

https://m.newegg.com/ProductList?keyword=Mini+stx
>>
>>57051807
Why? Just dual boot on the same computer you would use as a drive bay
>>
>>57051807
Why?
>VM
>Dual Boot
>SSH into a box in your closet
>RasPi

Literally a brazilian ways to do this better and easier...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.