[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I was arguing with my friend about the iPhone 7. I told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: iPhone-7.jpg (21KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
iPhone-7.jpg
21KB, 615x410px
Today I was arguing with my friend about the iPhone 7. I told him it was shit and a waste of money because it doesn't have a headphone jack.

He said that if I absolutely need a headphone jack then it's not for me and thus I wouldn't be buying it, and that I had no argument. People who are ok with the removal of the headphone jack will buy it.

I was so fucking angry but I couldn't counter him. Can someone help?
>>
>>57048478
Why does it matter to you?
>>
>>57048478
Is this what it's like to be autistic? To be overly concerned with a decision that has no standing on your personal life?
>>
File: 1439903442640.png (228KB, 444x432px)
1439903442640.png
228KB, 444x432px
>>57048478
yeah. get over it and stop trying to get people who are hundreds of dollars invested into a brand to try and shift their perspective so it aligns with yours. he's not wrong- if people are okay with removing headphones, they probably will buy it. just deal with it and go on 4chan to make a thread about how you couldn't come up with a halfway decent retort instea- oh, I see you already have.

well, carry on.
>>
Look. You have to admit that nobody likes those wires and going wireless sounds great and all but if it doesn't come out of the box and you have to pay $$$$$$ separately for the fucking headphone then it can go to hell.
>>
>>57048478
Yes.
Removing a feature and then arguing that "if you miss that feature than the product isn'f for you" doesnt equate that the product is 'better', it actually implies that the customer is shittier.

Also dont bother to argue with assfucks like this. The same goddamned thing happens every time a new apple product is released:

>>oh wow the iphone5S is TALLER than the last iphone! I didn't even realize i wanted a taller phone!

#killme
>>
>>57048478
>I was so fucking angry but I couldn't counter him. Can someone help?
See a psychiatrist.
>>
The issue is not that people who are OK with it will buy it, but rather than people will be OK with whatever dumb shit iPhone throws at them
>>
>>57048566
This is the best advice that has been given here, do it OP
>>
Apple doesn't release enough variety of products for the "if it doesn't have X then it's not for you" to hold water.

If you're locked into the Apple system and you need your headphone jack you can't just buy the one with a headphone jack.
>>
>>57048478
>>57048558
>>57048589
edgy, upvoted!
>>
The issue is that if people eat this up, competitors like Samsung are going to see it as "people want this" and remove it from their phones as well. I'm sure apple will remove it from their computers too, which other companies will follow in suit and eventually the jack is going to be gone completely

So tell him he's contributing money to a cancer that will spread all through the industry
>>
>>57048647
In that case we should say thank you apple for accelerating the move to an actual wireless future
>>
>>57048478
You are both correct.
>>
>>57048523
>green bubbles
>having no standing in your personal life
>>
>>57048647
There is already talk that Samsung and others will move to USB-C, with adapters.
Which isn't quite as bad, because the royalty involved isn't as high and you can actually pass audio through the USB-C connector, so you don't need to put DACs and AMPs in your plugs.

It is technically better than Lightning, but not better than just leaving the headphone jack alone.
>>
>>57048558
you literally gave the best advice but it was hidden by you autism "dont bother to argue" just internalize that you disagree and move on. If you want to give someone advice because you think it will genuinely help or they ask feel free to do so but dont god damn argue with someone about it
>>
File: vivo-x5-max.jpg (44KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
vivo-x5-max.jpg
44KB, 700x400px
>>57048478

Then you ask him:

>Okay, so next generation, they remove the external speaker, since most people use vibrate only. And only people who don't care about their phone making sounds, or having a headphone jack buy it. Generation after that, they remove the front facing camera. And only people who don't care about selfies and video chat, their phone making sounds, or having a headphone jack buy it. And generation after that, they remove the flash. Etc. Where do you draw the line, anon?

Ask him if Apple released the iPhone 7 with a headphone jack, and one without, which he would buy. If he claims he'd buy the one without a headphone jack still, when it has all the same features, abilities, and size as the one WITH a headphone jack, why he'd voluntarily go without that feature?

If he claims to say it's about size, remind him that the world's thinnest smart phone, the Vivo X5 Max, at 4.75mm, still has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
>>
>>57048940
Your slippery slope analogy doesn't make sense as apple provide a 3.5mm adaptor in the box. I guess if they provided clip on speakers and cameras in their place then it would. Although then we'd be heading to modular phone territory which is actually interesting and new, so it might be a good thing.
>>
>>57048478
You both have points.

Removing the headphone jack was a poor move because I don't see what the consumer really had to gain. It's not like wireless headphones didn't exist before the iPhone 7. Plus, you better hope the AirPods don't shit the bed because it will cost you ~$160 to get another pair. Either that or use the shitty lightning cable to headphone adapter for wired headphones or just purchase much cheaper wireless headphones.

On the other hand, if you want the jack so badly then the iPhone 7 really isn't for you.
>>
>>57048940
Strawman
>>
>>57049060
>Your slippery slope analogy doesn't make sense as apple provide a 3.5mm adaptor in the box.
Then they provide an external speaker in the box.
But you can't use it at the same time as a charger.
>its okay because i dont need to use the external speaker while charging
>>
>>57049139
More straw men

No crows here
>>
File: 1475523066368.jpg (101KB, 396x495px)
1475523066368.jpg
101KB, 396x495px
>someone made a logical argument I have no comeback for
>this annoys me
>help me 4chin!!

Go and fucking kill yourself, autist. Do you think this is Tumblr?
>>
>>57048863
>implying that shit actually fucking matters when you're not 12
>>
>>57049146
Not really a strawman, apple (and its customers) in particular would rather you spend more money buying your phone in parts than one complete package, see things like TV packages, or how the base model of a laptop or desktop computer or car usually missed key creature comforts so people have to option up.
>>
File: 1475876483949.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475876483949.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>I was so fucking angry but I couldn't counter him. Can someone help?

/g/ in a nutshell, dumb sperglords who are powerless in real life and rely on internet hugboxes.
>>
>>57049217
Definitely a strawman
>>
>>57048478
I use Bluetooth headphones. literally don't even own any with the cord. the no headphones shit doesn't harm me in any way at all.
>>
>>57049146
>strawman
It literally just happened with the headphones.
>>
>>57048914
Yeah but you can go ahead and be autistic when you know youre talking to an autist.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.