[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: mobileDeviceUsersBTFO.png (52KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
mobileDeviceUsersBTFO.png
52KB, 540x534px
People will defend this
>>
But I don't use Google botnet services.
>>
>>57048443
>CompTIA A+
wew pajeet
>>
Luckily I use Jolla Sailfish OS phone. $70 from India.
>>
>>57048443
Who wrote this?
>>
>>57048494
I'm taking A+ software and hardware in college, what's wrong with it? Are the certs actually worth a damn?
>>
It'd be nice if my phone wasn't such a fucking narc, but it's pretty much unavoidable. There's no escaping the botnet while still remaining a functional part of scociety.
>>
>>57049024
You're required to have A+ and 5yrs experience
>>
File: 1476061905485.png (783KB, 802x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476061905485.png
783KB, 802x640px
>apply to college
>they offer CompTIA A+ courses
>apply for that because certs is always good
>get denied because I need at least 5 years of experience
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57049045
>what is a custom ROM without gapps
>what is turning off my phone
>>
>>57049108
>custom ROM without gapps
Still reporting your location to your cell provider
>turning off my phone
Can't receive calls. Might as well not have a phone
>>
>>57049089
Shit nigga, my college gave me A+ with my Cisco and Windows Servers classes. Didn't even ask if I had prior experience and just let me go for it. Pretty fun classes honestly
>>
>>57049089
The A+ isn't even worth the time it takes to take the test.
>>
>>57049145
I think this generation overestimates the importance of being reachable right now, as opposed to being reachable in an hour or two.

also
>voice calls
>>
>>57049188
>topic is specifically about being a functional part of society

>don't be reachable and don't make voice calls!

Is that really how you imagine the outside world works as you sit in your room?
>>
>>57049207
>>Is that really how you imagine the outside world works as you sit in your room?
Yes. I know of nobody under 35 or so who prefers to make voice calls. Everyone uses SMS or some messenger app or another.

The place where it is still common is in business. In which case you're cucking yourself if you're taking work calls on a private device, or taking work calls outside of working hours.
>>
if you turn your phone off and put it in a shielded container it will not track you
>>
>>57049009
Some cuck named Jean Andrews
>>
A removable battery completely eliminates all possibility of remotely tracking a cellphone.
>>
>>57049456
Just because the battery you see is removable doesn't mean there's not a much smaller battery somewhere else in the device powering a very low power beacon
>>
If it can be used against you, it can also be used to help you.

What if you're implicated in a crime and there is strong evidence that it is you? That phone data can show that it wasn't you.
>>
I saved a life once thanks to this
>>
>>57049255
>>57049108
Cellphones are sometimes hacked by law-enforcement to remain awake and reporting location, even after being 'turned off'. The shielding will work if it's good and used correctly. A removable battery is much easier, cheaper, and more reliable.
>>
>>57048443
You just learned this?
>>
>>57048443
>At&t and Microsoft know i leave the house 2 times a month
meh
>>
>>57049145
Famtom. Just turn off your phone when you are working, sleeping, or in Uni.
>>
>>57049024
It's pretty mouth-breather tier but these days there are so many gamur hobbyists that the only way that companies can separate the wheat from the chaff is by making people pay for these stupid tests. A+ doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.
>>
>>57049468
Hardware hacks require physical access to the device, and are therefore less likely to occur.
>>
>>57049561

would they give out that data, even if it would reveal previously undisclosed tracking capabilities?
>>
>>57049631
>hacks
We're talking about tracking that's intended from the point of design and manufacturing.
>>
>>57048443
i took my a+ a few years back and can't recall that ever being on the test. it might have been in the study material though.

>>57049089
welcome to the machine. i just let mine expire after three yeas. the best it did me was landing a job at a mom and pop repair store where i made $9 an hour working part time. only other thing available to do was call center tech support and fuck that. its hard enough to help people in person but over the phone? fuck no.

all the regular help desk positions wanted 3+ years of experience and they were dead serious. applying and calling back did jack shit. a school district near me i had a buddy that worked there at the time told me they slapped the experience label on it because there are actually plenty of people out there with both so why not go for it?

now i work at a warehouse making $15 an hour full time with full benefits. all i do is make boxes and move shit around in a cart.
>>
Like so totally not opt in for out
>>
>>57049680
Those are still hardware hacks. And of course they do exist. E.G. the Lenovo laptops with built-in, immortal rootkits, the Sony disc rootkits, and cells with backdoored chips. The only way to avoid hardware hacks are to be as aware as possible of what hardware not to buy, to buy it in-person at a random store (law-enforcement sometimes intercept deliveries to suspects and modify devices), and to prevent physical access to it, once received.

In the case of tracking via signal, the copper cases would eliminate even that remote possibility.

I have no problem at all with legitimate law-enforcement or anti-terrorism activity. But there is a certain point past which the remedy is worse than the cure.
>>
>>57048443
You'd be surprised how many kidnapping incidents this has helped solve.
>>
>>57049904
I meant, worse than the 'disease', not the 'cure', lol.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.