[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question for all these Linux distro lovers: Is it that hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: No_linux.png (44KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
No_linux.png
44KB, 334x393px
A question for all these Linux distro lovers:

Is it that hard to develop a user-friendly interface using Linux as base? Just keep it simple for everybody (90% of users only want this), but give them the chance of using the "complex mode" (terminal, coding, advanced features...). If you want a wider user rate, allow them to do what they really need (office, media, internet, games...), without having to write lines of code. And keep it visually attractive (see OSX).
>>
>>57043327
Elementary OS, Ubuntu MATE
>>
>tfw all the tech illiterates in my family use Xubuntu
>kept up to date thanks to policykit
>no need to support them because just werks even
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>57043327
have you even tried ubuntu?
>>
>>57043327
Just buy a macbook you tech illiterate faggot.
>>
The unity interface of ubuntu is basically iPad mode
>>
GNU/Linux is not for you.
>>
most DEs are pretty much what you describe and have been that for years. Just use a distro with a graphical installer or buy from a company which preinstalls linux for you and you are golden. How do you not know this? Did you live under a propiatary rock?
>>
cinnamon on arch is easy and works fine for me .
>>
>>57043327
just install openSUSE the new meme of /g/. It will amaze you with the options you have. It's more than userfriendly with a good community to back it up and tweak everything you want without spending your whole day or fearing thtat xorg will fuck up again
>>
Nigger my fucking tech illiterate 47 year old mom has been able to use lubuntu for years and all she does is browse the internet, open documents and watch videos.

Unless you are a gaymer or trying to compile something from source using linux is not a big deal
>>
Literally any DE is user-friendly.

Friendlier than Windows, even.

1/10
>>
>>57043530
>>57043556
>>57043606
>Talking about broken interfaces.
>>
>>57043606
>iPad mode

You're thinking of Gnome.
>>
test
>>
>>57044657
Welcome on an R18 shitboard.
>>
>>57043327
t. A guy who never used Mint with Cinnamon.
>>
File: Selection_582.png (10KB, 379x89px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_582.png
10KB, 379x89px
>>57043577
>>
>>57044959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23_eW3pS2I
>>
ChromeOS
>>
Some people just want a button that says "do everything that I want to do" and have nothing else

I have found people that find the concept of typing an url hard
>>
>>57044803
>using a debian based distro

Enjoy your suicidal project leaders
>>
>>57043327
There's a lot more to Linux than the terminal; seriously, there's a shit ton of DEs and package managers integrated into GUI interfaces.

>Software
>Packages

On Fedora Linux you can simply install a GUI for easily configuring settings.

>GRUB Customizer
>Tweak Tool
>Dconf Editor

Productivity:

>LibreOffice
>Document Viewer
>Image Viewer

General shit:
>Rythmbox
>Clementine (player + converter)
>Videos
>Brasero

Gaymes:
FUCKING SEARCH

Internet:
>Firefox
>Chromium

You are a fucking inbred piece of trash. I am triggered because of how blatantly stupid you sound, and not because you may be a meme'ing Windows or MacOS faggot.

Drink bleach.
>>
>>57045306
Disregard >GUI Interfaces. You know what the fuck I mean.
>>
>>57045346
Yeah, you mean graphical user interface interfaces.

I love graphical user interface interfaces. But I'd rather use command line interface interfaces you fucking faggot faggot.
>>
>2016
>Almost 2017
>Still uses systemd
Lol cucks
>>
File: meme.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>57045306
>>
>>57045385
Just btfo 12 y/o shit.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.