[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audio Wave manipulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: mu-remaster.png (59KB, 937x803px) Image search: [Google]
mu-remaster.png
59KB, 937x803px
Is there a way to isolate hiss from a recording, and then use that isolation to subtract from the original audio?

I have a chain set up, basically I apply maximum treble (inverse RIAA curve) to an audio file, which results in intense hissing and popping from the recording, i then run passive NR over that, and a standard RIAA curve to re-EQ the file, then invert the resulting waveforms. The results are disappointing.

Alternative: If you apply the out of phase (karoke) to a mono recording recorded in stereo, you're left with only pops and hissing. Can I use this to remove these exact sounds from the original?

pic unrelated
>>
>>57043260

You can with audacity. The results may vary.

Better to get decent gear
>>
>>57043260
If you're doing this for real, you need to get the iZotope RX plugins.
>>
>>57043278
I know it has a NR where you select a section of buzzing and it removes it from the rest of the audio. Unless you mean something else

>>57043302
I just have some LPs that I recorded to the computer that are good except for the noise. The reason why I'm doing this is because these particular recordings never made it to CD or digital at all, so this is my only chance of preserving them.
>>
>>57043367
Gotcha, you should be able to get decent results with Audacity. But you can totally torrent the iZotope suite and make it sound better as well. I respect what you're doing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 539x284px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 539x284px
Sound Forge has many audio restoration tools. You could play with them and see the results for your specific problem.
>>
>>57043455
Thanks I'll check that out.

>>57043391
I havent downloaded anything in while since all the big name sites got shut down over the summer so Im a bit wary
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.